Lucid Dreaming

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BlackVoidDeath, Jun 14, 2015.

?

When was the last time you had a dream?

1. Last night

50.0%
  2. In the past week

50.0%
  3. In the past month

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. In the past 6 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. In the past year

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I don't remember when the last time I had a dream was

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

A lucid dream is any dream in which one is aware that one is dreaming, and can sometimes control their dreams. As you get older you see less Dreams and even less Lucid Dreams, my theory is that the older you get the more tired you are at the end of the day because you go to bed later for various reasons (unless you have retired). This is my theory because the more tired I am (personally) at the end of the day the less of a chance there is of me seeing a dream and because I have been very busy lately I have been seeing less dreams.
    But in saying that I saw one last night - this was a strange Lucid Dream because unlike most dreams this one was creating it'self and making things that I wasn't (at least I didn't think I was) thinking about, but like almost all my Lucid Dreams I could still change things just by imagining them. Another strange thing about this dream was that it I can remember it quite well and can recall almost everything from it.
    I made this Thread for people to write their Dreams in - I think it would be interesting to see what other peoples dreams are. Lastly I would recommend writing your dreams down even if not here then at least in a word document or something similar because your dreams are you inner conciousness - it creates what your brain creates without yourself interfering, and then after you have a few of your dreams written down you can read them. - You can be amazed by how much you find out about: Yourself, Your Inner thought possess, and sometimes the future - (this may sound weird but quite a few of my dreams have come true, this may just be coincidence or just me - but asking other's to remember their dreams from a week, month or even year ago and asking them if they came true, quite a lot of them did - many of your dreams may have come true as well but you may have just forgotten them.)
    All of this may sound like a lot a gibberish and some of it may be (especially the last part because they could just be coincidences) but it would still be fun to find out about other people's dreams and maybe discuss them.
    (Note: most of these are just my theories and can only be backed up on my experience)

2. BlackVoidDeath

I just remembered a dream from my childhood - I used to get this dream almost every night, It was almost identical every time -
    This is one of the dreams that I have remembered without writing down for some reason (although I used to have worse dreams...).
    I used to live with my parents and two brothers, me and the two of my brothers shared a room.
    I would wake up in my bed, walk downstairs, and into the living room and on the sofa, after about 5 seconds I would hear the creaking of the stairs as someone would walk down them and I couldn't do anything, just wait - then the door to the living room would open and both my brothers would walk in with empty red glowing eye sockets and charge me making random sounds (anything from barking to some kind of techno music like "WABA WABA WABA") and start ripping at me and I feel the pain of my flesh tearing as though I cut myself on the points where they ripped me, and then I would wake up in sweat - there was nothing I could do to prevent this dream (and no this did not happen in real life), then one day I suddenly stopped getting that dream and never got it again...
    There was nothing more terrifying to me than that back then especially because one or two of the times when I got that dream and I would expect to wake up, I would think I did but I had apparently just woken up into a new dream and that same dream would play over. - This may not sound that scary but trust me if you got it back when you were a child I think you would have been as terrified as I was (even now remembering that dream gives me the shivers - it is nearly midnight here so I will be of to bed soon - hope I don't get that same dream again :(

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I rarely dream or remember my dreams, and I don't think I've ever had many lucid dreams. But it can be hard to tell, because sometimes when I remember a dream it will continue after I wake as a daydream.

Anyway, last night I had an actual lucid dream: after a long work-related section, I found myself eating lunch with some classmates who told me that one class had a new teacher who was making everyone write a 5000 word essay on one topic and 9000 words on another topic and both essays were due in three days. After some time spent panicking and looking for loopholes ("How much of that can be quotes from my sources?"), I finally realized that I didn't have to do the essays because I graduated over a decade ago and this was just a nightmare. So I spent the rest of the dream trying to leave town without anyone noticing that I was carrying a rifle.

Sir Veza and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  4. BlackVoidDeath

Do you mean you just keep thinking about it or you literally zone out and "fall asleep" sitting in a chair, while walking or watching a movie?
    Hahahaha :D Great dream you got there - really enjoyed it :). But after the point of figuring out that you are in a dream, the dream becomes much more fun - you can do anything... literally and if you focus on imagining something you can create your own world:
    Did you make that part or did the rifle create it'self - if you made it, then why did you not run around shooting everything in sight? ;)

5. BlackVoidDeath

Last night I had another dream, this wasnt Lucid and I only realised that it was a dream about 5 minutes before I woke up.
    The dream began as me sitting in front of my computer and waiting on the loading screen for when you log in, when I logged in I did what I always do, go to the MP lobby - and there was a new league open and people were playing it, so I go to spend my 50 gold on it but I dont remember what description the map had - I didnt read it. Anyway as I enter an of the top active games (which was 5 rounds in) the map was a random mess of tiles (the ones from Melvin and Gary's Campaign). It was one small black spider character (not the Campaign spider models but new ones) VS a 2x2 spider character with the same model but bigger and a mercenary, an elven priest with a special costume (the one with the cloth over his mouth) and 3 other characters were surrounding the big spider - you could more the spider my moving one of the smaller characters and get it to the small one. As my dream went on, things began transforming - the game turned into a type of quick time event - the players didnt stop moving and didnt take turns, the clock wasnt stopping and somehow I knew that the big spider had to kill the small one before time runs out, etc etc etc other stuff happens (at this point my dream gets dim and I dont remember the rest.
    Yes very random but I just wanted to share it, and hint that I would like some new leagues (and this gives me an idea for a scenario).

6. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Bvd,

I'm guessing that not-nice dream about your brothers as a kid is what led to your avatar?

Ok, with regards to dreams, I agree on writing them down, but personally don't so it as necessary.

From what I've heard and read and in personal experience, dreams can occur for several reasons:

- it's what you are most afraid of
    -it's what you think about/ focus on a lot during the day
    - or, it's your subconscious minds way of just decluttering and/or making sense of things.

Ofc these can all be linked.

But I feel it is all natural (unless you are being psychically attacked- which you would know). I trust my subconscious and my body to do what it needs to.

Which is why, for me, lucid dreaming is scary and dangerous. Why should I try to control a dream which maybe trying to help me in my daily life? It may be a metaphor. It may be something I need to confront and accept, in order to move forward in my life.

Your childhood dream must have been terrifying, but the good news is maybe it occurred since you we're strong enough to cope with it. Meaning- even at a young age, you were very mature. That, or you have/had some real issues with your brothers that need resolving ;)

So, it's just me but I feel lucid dreaming is playing with fire.

It you have difficulties sleeping I like this sleep hypnosis it's nice -

Trust your body and mind which have more wisdom than you!

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  7. BlackVoidDeath

It wasnt, actually - I wont say why I do the things I do and like the things I like and why I made this my avatar yet - maybe some time in the future. I really dont know where most of my dreams come from, but when I was really young I was really and I mean REALLY afraid of the "dark" not specificity the "dark" of under my bed but like the creepy stuff - when I say darkness I mean things like: (Story time)
    This used to happen to me a lot (and sometimes still does) I see/hear (etc) strange things - eg one day when I used to walk to school as a kid I would see random dark figures around me when I was walking there - like see one appear from behind a lamppost and quickly dash to the next - this would terrify me and I would stop dead in my tracks heart beating fast - these werent dreams but probably just things I imagined - but from your theory of "-it's what you think about/ focus on a lot during the day" this may be it.
    Totally agree with you there - I have lots of ideas about how dreams are created and those are some of them.
    I agree with you that sometimes controlling your dreams is not worth it because like I said:
    but sometimes its just fun to control your dreams because you can do anything! - the more control you have the more things you can create - also I recommend not using an alarm or asking someone to wake you up (best do this on a weekend or something of the sort) because it is really frustrating when you wake up in the middle of your dream when you were just getting in to it.
    Ok... WOW. Well like I said you can find out a lot about a person from their dreams and well you deciphered that! - yes, when I was young I didnt have any problems with my brothers but when we grew up a bit (just a year or two later) you couldnt tell that we were playing without any problems or fighting a year or two ago - I had the dream with them ripping me apart when we were still on good terms so I guess my brain predicted the future and wanted to warn me of what was going to happen and for me to try and prevent it? I dont understand the first part though - could you put that into context or givew me the definition?
    Thanks! will test it (I watched 1 min of it just now and I already want to go to sleep and I only woke up half an hour ago!)