Loot Fairy Tracker

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Mar 13, 2014.

1. CKaz

CKaz Goblin Champion

x3 is the very rare exception (once every 24-5ish days?) and at times x2 doesn't work out, so frankly I kind of like the fact if it works out and you have the time, you may get a second crack :)

helps out those with hardcore AND casual time, myself being the latter - if I can work it out and nab a x2 it's a nice extra perk to take a stab at - and if/as my time allows, double up on some gold farm too

2. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

@Flaxative - feature request whenever you get around to it... now that we've pinned down the 25-hour movement cycle, when you create a dynamic table of move times for the next N days, could you also localize UTC times via javascript? (I'm also happy to send you a patch file to apply since you've got a lot of CH stuff on the table right now.)

3. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

My current understanding (pending more experimenting) is that you can choose to get 3x any time you wish, but not on two days in a row.

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Done!
    http://sorcererers.dotq.org/loot-fairy.php

I'll clean up the output a bit after I get home from my dentist appointment. :)

Scarponi and neoncat like this.
  5. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

Correct as long as your game/browser don't crash or a maintenance don't show up to ruin your plans.

6. e-stab

e-stab Goblin Champion

UURR(R) @ Cardstock II

7. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

This is great, I think this will really help a lot of people. The funny thing is, after doing everything in UTC in the last few weeks, I'm looking at the times getting confused unless I convert them back to UTC in my mind :confused:!

8. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The move time being in local time is very helpful for most purposes. However, for effort co-ordination and discussion purposes it's less useful than UTC as it creates uncertainty about what time the speaker is referring to. I'm not proposing to change the brand new system, though, this is just an observation.

I suggest we keep using UTC when we discuss matters related to the exact time things will or did happen, like if the move schedule changes again etc. An international effort needs a common clock. Still, it's much more convenient to use the local time for private looting purposes. Think globally, act locally!

Bandreus likes this.
  9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I could put UTC time in parentheses pretty easily. Should I?

10. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I say why not give it a go and if it's proves bothersome, remove it later. Thanks, Flugzeugabwehrkanone!

Flaxative likes this.
  11. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I'm 100% in favor of using UTC times, as that's the single best way to avoid any confusion.

12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Hey guys, here's how it looks now—
    [​IMG]
    Decided to make UTC prominent, but also highlight the local times. Is this acceptable?

Jarmo, Jacques, Bandreus and 3 others like this.
  13. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Looks great!

14. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

15. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

I don't have problems with UTC nor with my local time but what's wrong with the countdown we always had? :eek:

16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Some people had problems with the countdown taking up a lot of resources.
    I've reinstated it for now, but if someone has a quick countdown script that won't be a resource hog they want to link me to I'd be happy to swap it in.

17. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Flaxative likes this.
  18. Igniferroque

Igniferroque Mushroom Warrior

19. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Cardstock, second time:
    18 U weapon, 16 U shield, 15 R robes, 18 R human skill, (17 R treasure)

20. zeroth_hour

zeroth_hour Goblin Champion

CardStock Preview II 2nd time
    URRR (R) (2 Shiny Ear Rings and 2 Weapons for my rares)