Loot Fairy Tracker

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I did stop and think about what I was saying. I had a lot of thoughts in response to finding out that the loot fairy was at a pay to play treasure hunt and lots of things I thought about posting. My thoughts included many complaints, frustrations while also the understanding that it probably was much easier to code the treasure hunts in, rather than out, for the loot fairy and that it could be potential additional revenue for BM. In the end I decided to state merely my feelings on the matter (I was not pleased), I did not complain, rant, threaten to leave, or even say that BM needs to change their approach. I merely expressed my personal response on the matter in no way attacking or demeaning BM. I'm sure BM chose to include the treasure hunts for a reason which is entirely their right (if, like you think, they actually didn't even think about it one way or another - that would be a bigger issue for me), it's just not a choice I'm pleased with.

Jarmo, I think you have a pretty fair take on it. For me it's not actually the loss of higher-rarity loot that I'm most unhappy with as like you say that's entirely gratuitous anyway. What bums me out most is that I had a lot of fun working on the Loot Fairy hunt each day trying to find her, now knowing that some days I could search everywhere only to find out she's at a level I don't have access to makes me have no interest in searching at all. The last 3-4 days the loot fairy has been an added reason for me to log on and play and it added additional fun/challenge to the day's play. Now I'll probably mostly forget about her, and if I hit the fairy great, but the fun of the chase is over.

Sir Veza and Jarmo like this.
  2. brinkmanship

brinkmanship Mushroom Warrior

Woooot! Thanks, Angry for finding the fairy! I got nothing but yard trash but it was a blast chasing after it. Wyverns are tough mofos. So much armor.

UURR(R)

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  3. kogi

kogi Ogre

Would a public writeable google spreadsheet be easier way of keeping track of the hunting?

4. PDXTai

PDXTai Ogre

Thanks for posting this. I actually encountered the loot fairy without knowing what it was and got 3 epics:
    epic loot crop.jpg
    I was wondering if there was a sound to go with it when Gary says "What was that?"

5. Kablizzy

Kablizzy Orc Soldier

Ahaha, what?

6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Maybe those of us with the treasure hunts can run them first. It shouldn't take very long, and if the fairy doesn't show up it's time for a general search.

7. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

You know, assuming that they're going to be adding more official adventures in the future, this is only going to get harder as the game grows. Maybe in the future we can get a couple of loot faeries.

8. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

U/R/R/R (E)

The uncommon, one of the rares, and the epic were all treasures, assuming someone is tracking that too.

9. UURR[L]

I was thinking along these lines, too. Only I thought of it more like we start with an abbreviated to-do list of modules, and as each person knocks one or more out, they can delete them from the list and post the updated list, which the next poster would cut, paste, delete, cut, paste, post again. You could even say when you post, 'Hey, I am doing all the 12's right now,' and maybe others would leave you to it. I think for most of us, we cannot reliably be in front of the computer every day the immediate hours after the adventures reset, so to do beats is hard. There is a lot of overlap I have seen in days past, and that's normal, but I feel like a dwindling uniform checklist that we all post to this thread as we go would work pretty well and keep it tidy. Maybe something like this:

1WSC 1Tid 1RoO 2tWW 2CotT 3LotTW 3HR 4RDP 4DotLP
    5SGS 5RFSP 6DotK 6tWS 6tDoW 7FoS 7BtFE 7tToS
    8tCoX 8LST 8OotC 8MtM 9GAQ 9GAF 9RtW 10tSW 10tVT 10GDP 10AtC
    11GitW 11tPoS 11DttC 12TFofGK 12ToS 12tToT 13tJoAZ 13HMP 13SotAG
    14LBM 14RttAS 14CDP 15RotGL 15SotGL 16CotW 16ItBF 16ToT 16AotWM
    17BOH 17DotSK 17LotYD 17C2SP MM1 MM2 MM2S MM3 MM3S

When you find the fairy you can abandon this thing and shout out the location.

Sir Veza likes this.
  10. kogi

kogi Ogre

UURRR

11. YamaDeva

YamaDeva Mushroom Warrior

Well, I don't usually spend money on games, but I liked this one A LOT from the first day (being quite an old D&D and Magic player) and bought the bundle early. So, I'm happily going to my available treasure hunt to get my fairy treasure. :D

12. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Yes, it's the "Huh?" sound Gary makes.

13. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

That's a good point. Sorry the thrill is gone for you. I think the best part of the Loot Fairy is in how Blue Manchu made us pull together in a fun hunt every day and made us play the adventures again. There's a reason to visit the long-forgotten places now. Hopefully some of the pleasure of the hunt seeps back also to you later on.

14. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Flax, could you please take my name off the Loot Fairy Patrol Roster? I'm asleep when the hunt is on and others will be covering my beat long before I'll have a chance to do it so it's useless to have it be nominally mine. I'm sure someone else will claim it post-haste. Were I to live in a different time zone I'd of course be happy to stay on the roster.

Flaxative likes this.
  15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Done.

I have an idea for how to improve this process, but I might not have time to implement it for a couple days.

EDIT: Also, I shouldn't be playing so much Card Hunter SP every day, it's catching up with my hands, I'm going to remove myself from patrol (temporarily).

16. brinkmanship

brinkmanship Mushroom Warrior

What I am hoping for is that some sort of semi-predictable pattern will emerge. If the fairy shows up in a treasure hunt each Monday, then those without bundles can just take the day off. It fits with the model that those who have memberships get a little somethin' somethin' for their contribution :)

17. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

I doubt there is a pattern. There's enough of us to cover the adventures - on average we only need to check half of them every day and we don't have to do it with the first 2 hours after a reset.
    Edit: Hmm, I'm a Mushroom Warrior now.

Sir Veza likes this.
  18. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I'm happy to patrol the level 1s because they're fast and no one else seems to want them. I've also been doing all the level 6s for the gold and because Woodhome has been giving me nice loot even without the fairy. I have all the hunts unlocked, but right now Defense of Woodhome is the only one I've finished (I'm still putting together a party for wyverns). None of my saved parties are very good at high levels (other than gnomes), so I'd have to do some work setting things up if I'm needed for other treasure hunts.

And because there seems to be some confusion about this: The Loot Fairy WILL show up if it's your first time completing the level. The fairy only avoids you on quests.

19. AngryUSAMan

AngryUSAMan Orc Soldier

Maybe instead of going through the trouble of creating a spreadsheet, we could have a new loot fairy thread for each week, and title it according to the date so that the old threads get pushed way down and hopefully not bumped, and so that the most pertinent thread won't be as clogged.

20. YamaDeva

YamaDeva Mushroom Warrior

Got R R R R (R); to try the link out, the items: Spiked Strapping, Heavyweight Mace, Gauntlets Of The Giant, Gray Blade (Advanced Tactics).
    Also, I didn't volunteered for the hunt, while appreciating it (and the posts here) because my time zone makes me free to play many hours after reset (I'm not just taking advantage of your work).
    Now I'm going to try Tvericus with my nudie party, to spice things up. Good hunt!