Loot and Legends

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Yeah, I know HB brought in a ton of people. But I personally know HB buyers who instantly skip things if they aren't on Steam. All the $12+ items aren't on Steam so it might have been a nice thing to have at least one on to try to get the Steam base. Either way it is awesome to have new blood! =)

2. Yes that's true too, you have a point. I haven't had time to read much so i'm not sure if the game will be F2P with microtransactions like the current model or with a price entry to get it on steam, but either way it's true that steam gives a lot more visibility when it comes to player base. Maybe though, it'll be a double wide exposure, first the HB and then later the game getting on steam if the devs manage to get some front page exposure (I say if because some days on steam good new games get flooded under old republished stuff and it's a shame). Or maybe when it happens the devs will be able to get another deal with HB for example in a weekly bundle, who knows.

In any case, I hope this game gets more exposure because it totally deserves it, it's great and super fun.

3. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Well, they can have CH in another Humble Bundle sometime after the steam client is released ;)

4. Cehu

Cehu Kobold

So this will be like different game ? Accounts will not be synced just the way it happened with the web version to Steam?

5. Stexe

Very different game. Not really the same except for art style, theme, and general mechanism (cards to move miniatures).

6. DF Jason

DF Jason DropForge

The accounts between Loot & Legends and Card Hunter aren't sync'ed.

Card Hunter will forever be our successor and spiritual inspiration in Loot & Legends. That said, our equipment set, card set, party selection, and campaigns are uniquely laid out and don't mirror Card Hunter. So there's no way for us to sync accounts.

7. Aerendhil

Aerendhil Ogre

is "loot & legends" coming to android at some point ?

8. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I hope so but that's up to DropForge.

9. Stexe

It is coming to Android. They said they are working on it but have no ETA.

10. Aerendhil

Aerendhil Ogre

IT HAS BEEN RELEASED ! :)
    it feels close to CH so far, but I havent' played much yet (too many games, not enough time)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  11. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

The Google Play store says that it is incompatible with all of my devices. Oh well.

12. Stexe

Yeah, it is for tablets only.

13. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Well, that's boring and unfortunate, as I don't foresee ever purchasing a tablet. Oh well.

14. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

L&L should run on a PC via Bluestacks if anyone wants to try it out.

15. Stexe

I've tried setting that up but never got anything to work with it. I'll try again when I have time though since I have it already installed.

16. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Yeah, I have to admit I've only used it for Instagram and a couple of Android-only games (whichever of the Kingdom Rush series that was tablet-only). It's not wildly stable, but it gets the job done.

17. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Cant say the Google Playstore Page is very informative. Even the vid misses the mark for me.

Why is there a d20 on the logo, does it actually have that dice?

So, hows general reception of L&L? Any chance it will generate a minor player influx for his big bro, the deluxe version? Yes, i am talking about Cardhunter.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  18. Aerendhil

Aerendhil Ogre

A (very) quick review :

0) Team Building :

You cannot chose your team members. they are forced on you : a dwarf fighter, a human cleric, an elf wizard.
    HP at level 10 are : 25/20/15.
    It does feel balanced, although dwarf are still slow on their feet.

1) Single Player :

The campaign is about half long the original card hunter campaign, and allow to level the team up to lvl 10.
    We meet again Gary, Melvin and Karen and listen to their banters in between missions.
    Those are mostly redesign of old CH campaign map, with a few novelties.

2) Multi Player :
    There is no real-time multiplayer in L&L. Instead, you can fight opposing player team controlled by AI, and climb an arena ladder.
    The arena has a timer which resets every week. If you gather enough points, you can get some special loot.

3) Card design :
    L&L uses the same mechanics, but has reworked almost all player cards and items.
    There are some very good ideas, and the different classes offer some very distinctive builds.

Warrior archetype :
    - Punch
    - Club (Heavy attacks with downsides)
    - Axe (Multitarget)
    - Sword (Card draw and multi attack)
    - Spear (Armor removal)

Mage archetype :
    - Ice (control)
    - Fire (DOT, AOE)
    - Electrical (Multitarget)
    - Arcane (Card draw... and a bit of everything)
    - Acid/poison (DOT and armor removal)
    Mages have some cards that allow you to draw more of a given type.

Cleric archetype :
    - Holy (Healing, buffs, magic attacks)
    - Unholy (Physical attacks)
    - Alchemist (Card stacking on opponents)

Those offer some nice variations and interresting combinations to discover.

The game does feel like CH, plays like CH with some variations, but the game content is definitely lacking : the campaign is too short, and the arena offers a free match every 4 hours or so. Enjoyable, but won't keep you away from CH for long.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  19. haho

haho Orc Soldier

I've tried to play it. But After about an hour or two I uninstalled it. The game sucks. It is nothing like cardhunter anymore, and everything you liked in CH is basically missing/replaced with something inferior. There is not a single thing that they changed where I said to myself "hey this was a good change for the better". The only 'positive' thing was the overworld map was more interesting that the one in cardhunter, but everything else was mediocre.

Basically they took the general concept, took the art, and changed just about everything else. All the cards you know, don't really exist. They used the art for cardhunter cards, and made them entirely different cards. The maps are different. They took the original maps and changed them, added stuff, subtracted stuff. Then you only get xp for completing the map once. Then they force you into stereotypical race/class combos. You can no longer choose 2 priests if you wanted, or 3 warriors. You have to take one of each, and each is constrained to a specific race. The final nail in the coffin was the absolutely ridiculous in app purchased. $100 for 1000 pizza. Guess what? 600 pizza give you a WEEK of the club membership. A week. straight up ripoff. For me this feels like a grave insult to the cardhunter franchise. I am also afraid that now that they allowed this company to make loot&legends, that we will never see a REAL cardhunter game for mobile devices.

20. Stexe

I thought the changes to armor and blocks looked good. Also, having more archetypes and subclasses seemed good. Sad to hear about the microtransactions. I knew it was going to be a lot different economic wise.

Also, the forced team makes sense for SP -- it means all items will have a use in your party and you can get a bit of everything. Since there is no MP it works in my eyes.

Maniafig likes this.