Loot and Legends

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

They've talked about streamlining some things and changed some minor stuff. But it is currently being worked on so I'm sure it is a bit up in the air.

Jason probably knows more about the specifics if they've finalized them yet tough.

2. DF Jason

DF Jason DropForge

We aren't looking at making big changes to the game rules. Card Hunter gets SO much right that our goal is to stick with what works. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :)

I think it's been mentioned before, but we are going to end up redesigning cards, which is why Loot & Legends will be separate from Card Hunter in terms of login, progression, and purchases. It's still a work-in-progress, but right now, it looks like we're going to end up lowering the number of cards for the sake of balance and overall deck management. But that's still in the works, so I unfortunately can't offer many more specifics on that. :)

Sir Veza and Stexe like this.
  3. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

How about adventures? Can we expect a whole new campaign, or will it just be a remix of the existing adventures?

Sir Veza likes this.
  4. doog37

doog37 Hydra

FAIL!

5. DF Jason

DF Jason DropForge

We're working on getting most of the single player content ported, but we're adding in new stuff as well. In fact, our latest Alpha build introduced a new character named Rupert!

Stexe likes this.
  6. Merdis

Merdis Orc Soldier

Will we see Rupert also in Cardhunter at some point?

7. DF Jason

DF Jason DropForge

I can't say. That's something you'd have to ask Jon about :)

8. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Considering guilds are starting to be a large part of regular Cardhunter, will they appear in L&L as well?

9. DF Jason

DF Jason DropForge

We likely won't have them at launch, but it's something we hope to add in a post-release update. :)

Stexe and Magic Elves like this.
  10. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Guilds are only for people who "win matches" and play good or something.
    I'm not bitter I stopped playing for a while might have gotten kicked out a guild right before that because my "win rate" dropped down to 49%. People are soooooooooooo judgemental.

11. Stexe

No they aren't. There are non-competitive guilds as well. Sorcererer's are fairly non-competitive and more about the comradery than anything else.

12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Not us!

Because I know you care about things like these, *Sorcererers **camaraderie

13. Stexe

You're right about 'Sorcererers,' but 'comradery' is also accepted -- even more so in American English. :-P

14. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Forest wizards isn't SUPPOSED to be competitive, but a lot of the guys have gotten into it, and considering we got to 4th place once, I think we're doing oddly well.

15. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

@Jason, I'm just curious why you guys made the decision to make Cardhunter and Loot and Legends seperate, instead of having the original game on both platforms.

16. Stexe

Different audiences. The computer market is very different from the mobile market. That and due to iOS policies it is hard to do rapid iterations and quick builds to keep things in sync. Big companies like Blizzard can have tons of QA people test it to make sure it is close to perfect as possible before pushing to live... but not so much for small dev teams.

There might be other reasons too, but those are the ones I know of off-hand.

17. Xyuta

Xyuta Kobold

Am I the only one seing L&L as bad news ?

Let me explain my point of view.

I've been playing the game for a month now, i like it so much that I've invested 25$ to get the basic bundle.
    I own an ipad and would be very pleased to play the game on it with a dedicated app that would probably be better that flash in a browser, and don't mind starting from scratch as it's only be a month for me, BUT

I surely won't reinvest money in a month or two to start again, i won't play both games because i don't have so much free Time.
    I understand that having the game on the App Store will bring new customers, but the existant community will split between those who have a tablet and want to start again and the others.
    So my general feeling is that i put money in a dying game that will sooner or later be replaced by L&L (CH 2.0) and i wish i had discover the game directly with L&L or that it take a year for the new team to release L&L.

I am not bitter i just think it was a bad Time to start CH.

(Excuse me for my bad english)

BlackVoidDeath and Fifjunior7 like this.
  18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

First of all, your English is great!

Second, CH is far from a dying game. We have a small team and are moving forward at a reserved pace, but we're planning on supporting the game for a while to come. Ask any of the players who've been around over a year and they'll reassure you that we're keeping on same as always.

The split between CH and L&L is not optimal, but the good news is that L&L's success will also bring us more resources with which to expand our support for our playerbase and continue creating new content. That's the hope at least. :)

19. Jaxal

Jaxal Kobold

Any update on when L&L will be launching in tablets?

20. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

very true - i will be playing it for as long as its alive and active