Looking For Help with MP Build

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Acewing, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Acewing

Acewing Kobold

So this is the current build I'm running, which is based off of the freebie team you initially get when starting out MP.

I've been tweaking it here and there, but I really have no idea what direction to go in or what item/skill cards work well together. Having just spend 3 hours in ranked with 1 win and 9 losses, I decided to ask for some advice and was redirected to here. @_@.

Current Team -

Kolkarag
    Level 1 Dwarf Warrior

Aedandhel
    Level 1 Elf Wizard

Slacol
    Level 1 Human Priest

I wish I could post my inventory, but apparently there's a word limit....

2. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Yolotli Armor on a dwarf warrior may not be that effective. Try Spiked Tlahuiztli.
    Balance out attacks like Bludgeon with step attacks. Lunging Glaive might easily replace Hefty Stout Club.
    Look for weapons with Dancing Cut and Vicious Thrusts. Sharp Spetum, Double-Edged Sword, Tango Spear, Bejewelled Shortsword (and also Warrior's Mace for Parry + strong attacks).
    Novice Crushing? Try Novice Bruising/Slicing/Impaling.

Wizard
    Start by trading your elf wizard for human or dwarf- you need really specific items for a good elf wizard.
    I highly recommend using Runestone for synergy with Deadly, Deadly Staff, along with Focused Electromancy. (which is a rare).
    You could also use Staff Of Winter/Frosty Staff instead of Counterblast, it's up to you.
    Static Robes are pretty ehhhh, look for something else, preferably with resistant hide.
    Gusts of War is a great card for any wizard. Look for items with that. (eg Cinnabar Ring)
    Charging Boots are pretty mediocre for a token. Look for something that offers armor or special cards like Healing Dash, Flanking Move, Sparkling Cloth Armor.

Priest- Look for Purging Charm, Whiteglass/Blackglass Token, Demon Charms, Silver Healing Ring or items with Impenetrable Nimbus or Martyr's Blessing.
    Untrained Tactics should probably be swapped with Novice Command or Trainee Command. There's also some newer Guidance skills, along with tokened skills like Trained Command or Perfect Command.

Good priest weapons are hard to find, maybe look for Glinting Eye Hammer, Rockshaft Atlatl, or one of several Epics you may already have.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
    FDrybob, Sir Veza and Vakaz like this.
  3. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

Re: Boots for your warrior, Turquoise Boots are a good common option, giving you both Sparkling Cloth Armor and Healing Dash. Both of these options also have the advantage of freeing up a yellow token for use elsewhere. If your build ends up containing a fair number of range-2 stabs of various calibers, Skipping Boots is an excellent rare - the Flanking Move will combo well with your range, allowing you to dash in and strike without passing priority. I generally find that All-Out Attack isn't worth it, in the long run - because you can't choose when you use it, it ends up biting you in the back a good chunk of the time. Maybe focus on team moves (Commander's Cap (and it's rarer, but superior equivalents). In terms of Epic options, keep an eye out for Angry Jack's Helmet.

I echo Jade's recommendation of Double-Edged Sword - it gives your slow-moving dwarf a little extra reach, both in the range-2 Impaling Stabs and the step attacking Dancing Cut. If you can spare the upgrade to double-yellow, the Tango Spear might also be a good option. As a Dwarf, your warrior's big weakness is always going to be mobility, so any weapon choice you make needs to address that in one way or another, so unless you've got a serious increase to your movement options from some other source (Control Wizard, other items on the warrior with movement options, Run, Team!-type cards on your other characters), the less mobile Bejeweled Shortsword and Sharp Septum will give you good burst damage... when you can reach your target.

Speaking of Wizards. Echoing Jade again on Elf Wizard not being an ideal play. Whip yourself up a Human or Dwarf, for mobility or durability, respectively. Dwarves tend to make better Control Wizards, while Humans are better Blasters.
    Counterblast Staff and Spellbane Scepter are not strong enough in most matchups to make it worth it. The card denial on Counterspell seems cool, but I'd much rather have cards like Winds Of War, Gusts Of War, or Illusory Barrier, that work against almost all opponents equally, rather than forcing you to go after wizards with your wizard (a less-than-ideal matchup, in that if your wizard can hit theirs, their wizard can hit you right back. Much better to target that sitting-duck dwarf warrior or priest, while avoiding the wizard's sightlines). On Staff Of Winter/Frosty Staff, Even with Encumbrance always allowing at least 1 point of movement, the slowdown from that will allow your warrior to catch overextended enemies a lot easier - and also prevent their warriors from doing the same.

The big question with wizards is: How do you keep your enemies from hitting back? I don't know what kind of tools you have at your disposal, but you'll need to answer that question in order to get a really good working team. Possible answers include: Being a dwarf (just outlast them!), breaking Line of Sight (either via permanent terrain features, or Illusory Barrier and its ilk), Difficult Terrain attachments, good movement (such as Run, Team! or , encumbrance (less effective against wizards), a good blocking warrior (although, again, wizards can bypass this), or Impenetrable Nimbus (although that needs to be paired with something that prevents them from just waiting a turn to hit you). Eventually, you can just blast them down before they get to you, but you're probably not at the point where that is an option yet. Once you know how you're going to avoid dying, you can turn your attention to building to that end. Good defensive options include items with Resistant Hide, movement cards like Escaping Run or Flanking Move, Illusory Barrier, and cards like Telekinesis, Winds Of War or Gusts Of War.

For your priest, you have two things you can do - watch out for key cards, and try and build a vamp in the meantime. Some powerful cards to watch out for: St. Olf's Fiery Pike, Shielding Token, more Shuddering Relics, Tome Of The Martyr, and Vampire Blades. Everyone has their particular favorites, but those are a few of mine.

Depending on the flavor of your priest, Advanced Piety, Focused Healer, or Focused Piety are good options. Advanced Piety has the advantage of being uncommon, so it shouldn't be too hard to find. If you're going with the Altruism option, I emphasize that you should try to avoid Minor Heal, Lesser Heal, and Heal - those cards tend not to be big enough game-changers to be worth it. Greater Heal, Mass Heal, Help The Weak, Mass Frenzy, and Martyr's Blessing are all good options for Altruism triggers.

Glowing Hide Armor. Its amazing tokenless priest armor. That said, the Unholy Strength works really well with both of your other characters, so you probably want to keep your Jet Armor.

Drop the Dueling Buckler for a Hexagon Shield. You have one universal block that is a strict improvement (Surging Shield Block), swap the Parry for Pushback Parry (a moderate downgrade, in my eyes), and the Unreliable Block is replaced with another Pushback Parry (a mild upgrade).

Merry Christmas, Ace. Best of luck to you.

Sir Veza likes this.
  4. Jablon

Jablon Kobold

Warrior:
    * Whatever weaponry you're gonna end up using, get rid of Infused Greatclub asap. Sure it's got 2 Pulverizing Bludgeons, but it also brings a couple crappy low damage, no-step attacks to the table.Its a big no-no for 2 tokens especially for an immobile dwarf.
    * From my experience roll-dependent armour never works when you need it too so I'd personally recommend something like Sturdy Mail if you can get your hands on it.You may also try something with Grounding Plates as the card is IMHO slightly OP and definitely useful - a !WORKING! burst wizard is rather expensive thing to have and a fire wizard at least should remove your armor unless he wants to see all the burns soaking into it,so given the new players influx u should see electric attacks flying left and right everywhere. Make sure you avoid Heavy Armor though when looking for Grounding Plates,they often stack on same items and its encumber effect will make your DWARF warrior a spectator in battles :)
    * Twisting Shield is a great NONTOKEN shield available in the lowest level shop ( Its Uncommon though, so it may not be there at all times)
    *Perfect Toughness is a common dwarf racial available in the highest level shop.Give it a try Mate,you won't regret it I promise you.
    *DO NOT pay any attention to your Martial Skill,just get anything tokenless with 2 traits for the extra draw.The only martial skills worth a single token are apparently epic and legendary rarity.

Wizard:
    *First of all please do SWAP it for a humie or another dwarf.Elven mages are pretty suicidal because of their HP and you don't really need mobility of 4 when you attack from the other side of the board:)
    *Deadly, Deadly Staff is very situational because of the linear attack.Sometimes you will hit multiple enemies, sometimes you will NOT find an angle to use it without sparking your own people's butts hence I'm not a big fan of it:).A tip worth mentioning here - Not every legendary item is good just because its legendary:)
    *Any armour with Resistant Hide will definitely save you a lot of troubles from enemy mages,so look for it.Don't mind its low armor value it's all about elemental immunity.If an enemy melees get close to your wizard no armour will help him as he/she's most likely dead anyway.
    *Other than that its a matter of preference.If you want to play hit&run you may look for immobilizing effects aka encumbers in this game.
    If you want to play more of a control style wizard look for cards that allow you to impact enemies' positioning.
    * AVOID cards such as Brain Burn or Defensiveness or Trip at all cost.These are your wizards red carpets to the coffin.
    Combustile may be dangerous too, personally though Ive never had problems with it.

Priest:
    * I would agree with Jade almost entirely so no point copy-pasting his advices
    * One thing he might have missed though is Hand Of Melvelous - a great NONTOKEN priest legendary obtainable from early stages of the single player mode.Yes it's not a random drop, everyone gets it:)

Hope this helps Mate.
    Im only 13XX rated myself but I got that pretty quick given the time Im actually playing Cardhunter and also tried to help to the best as I could.
    See You around in Cardhuntria!

5. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

I'm gonna disagree on you saying there are no worthwhile martial skills below epic. Superb Impaling is a single blue token uncommon for three very good cards - two Imapler's for card draw, and the amazing Impaling Stab, a very worth-it damage card. If I'm not spending a token on my martial skill, Novice Impaling is a good alternative - of all the two-trait tokenless skills, it gives the most useful third card, in my opinion. Of course, this can change based on your build - if you are running a lot of bashes or chops, for one reason or another, the Bashing or Slicing equivalent may be better for you.

doog37 likes this.
  6. doog37

doog37 Hydra

First ditch the elf wiz. Not useless, but a handicap at best, unless you have a real specific reason for using one... and you don't
    Second decide what you want your strategy to be. Do you want to be hard to kill, have lots of damage, lots of movement (in turns of number of movement and distance) , or the ability to control the board.
    For warriors, range 2 and step attacks are highly desirable, in addition to the obvious high damage attacks. But remember having a handful of mighty and pulverizing attacks is worthless if you can't get in range. My favs currently are Double-edged Sword (everyone's fav) due to the 3 high damage range 2 and the 2 step 2 attacks, the backbiting is lame, but there are times when you want a card you are not afraid to discard or use to test blocks. I like The Sword of the Lion as an alternative to the Bejeweled Shortsword (especially for All-out attack builds), but right now there is not a better damage weapon than Bejeweled. Rageblood dagger is great for steps and provides a blind rage (just watchout for the Raging Strike). You are already using the ol' reliable Infused Greatclub and the Hefty Club us an acceptable 0 token weapon, although I rarely use less than 5 tokens on Warrior's weapons. Avoid loading up on Bashes (despite the temptation of bash buffing other bashes) it is okay to mix into a build (like on Warrior's Mace) but the only Bashes I like are Lunging and Pressing, Lunging give a step attack and knock-back combo, while pressing is the best attack for overtaking a victory square. Find your best tokenless Armor, Shield, boots and Helmet, decide which one or two are the worst and use a token for that slot. I love Necali's Cap but it might not be something you can afford to use (although it is great with high damage Dwarves). Deciding on tokenless items is the real key to any build, but doubly for warriors since most weapons take 2, leaving 2 if armed to the max. Yoloti's and Goblin Hide Boots are both nice items, but for a yellow token, you should only use 1 or 0 yellow tokens outside weapons unless you have a real specific reason for it. I'd take the boots over the armor, but I tend to use tokenless boots unless I am getting Quick Run (which is better than sprint which can leave your warrior on an island), team walk (but not on a solo warrior), Sparkling Armor, Reliable Mail or Violent Spin. If you have a tokenless boots with Healing Dash those can be fun (skipping boots are rare, boots of discretion are powerful but dangerous with healing dash, sparkling and Trip (AKA sitting duck)). You always want to use a Martial skill with 2+ traits, tokenless for the most part, if you have penetrating or chop attacks match to it, but for the most part avoid chops. If you have a Dwarf Skill with 2 Blind Rage great, Solid rock is useful, but most of the good ones are rare or better. Traits (even negative ones) are powerful because they reduce the effective size of a deck and make you more likely to get your pulverizing attacks for example.
    Your priest is a bit disorganized. Most priests are focused on 1 or 2 of Buff, Heal and damage, it is hard to do all three. Decide on 2 of the three and build to it. Unreliable block is a dead card way too often somehow you have 2. The nice thing about priests is there are a lot of good tokenless divine items especially for damage/vamp style builds. Don't underestimate the draining attacks. Unholy Wellspring is always a great buff (now that it works on Melee) but hard to come by, which is about the only reason to use Jet Armor on a non-dwarf. Traveling curse is useable card, but the best uses are when you have a bit of extra armor in your build and for high HPs hoping the damage you take early, leads to damage later for your opponent. I like frenzy aura and I love wellspring but be careful not to knock off a frenzy aura with a wellspring and you don't want to lose the frenzy aura to a traveling curse making Jet Armor an oddball of an armor.
    I am still learning with wiz, but buff+multi-target spells is a very sound strategy so the Deadly, Deadly is sweet. I like counter-blast staff and forgetfulness just remember most priest cards that are not an attack are magic, but use on wizards first (obviously), so rarely a dead card although I am not sure 5 is a good idea, since you don't always get to trade 1 card for 2. I have a feeling your arcane items are bunk, but remember that all zaps bite (range 2 is a bad place to be), and big zap is just a bigger desperation shot. Like others have said push spells like Telekenesis, Gust/winds of war and the force spells (force cannon & force cone specifically) can really impact a board, right now TK is OP since lots of chances to zap people through walls. If you don't use a robe with resistant hide, there needs to be a good reason, it is the single biggest game changer, but 1 per wiz is all you can have. I'm not a wiz with wizards so i will not say any more.
    In general I try to use universal blocks and armor (shimmering aura is very good when facing wiz, dead when not) Parries are great for being an easy roll plus draw, but having 2 parries in hand when getting sparked to death is frustrating, so try to find a balance.Pay attention to rolls 2+ is awesome, 3+ is acceptable, 4+ is dangerous and 6+ is dumb. Although Bloodied Block (as opposed to wounded block is great since it gives a +4 to the roll almost all of the time). Lifesaving Block is a sucker-bet. It sounds so great, universal block saves your life no roll and a card draw, but there are so many reasons it doesn't trigger and it is typically worthless until you are almost dead. When in doubt a little more movement is good, too much movement is infuriating.
    Good luck and remember it takes a while to balance a good build. Don't be too focused on obtaining specific high rarity items it can be maddening.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  7. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Infused greatclub is a hit or miss item, but the pulverizing attacks are worth it for the most part. I haven't used them as much since they shifted from Oblits (17 damage) to pulverizing (14/6 if blocked) but you can do a lot with AoA+Pulverizing, although it is not worth having big attacks if you can't get into range, and it is dumb to get into range without attacks worth using.
    However, since it is 2 Blue tokens the combo of 1 Infused with 2 Bejeweled is one of the most popular warrior build outs in the game, only 4 step attack, but a lot of meaty attacks.

8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Thanks to @neoncat , you can. :)
    Go to his Tools & Extras page, open Collection Export, and follow the instructions. (click to show/hide) This should give you a data output of two columns. Copy this data to your clipboard.

Open Equipment Table Cross-Reference, paste your output into the block, and click Process Data. Copy and paste the output into a text file. (The text is tab delimited, and can be pasted into any spreadsheet.) Zip the text file, and post it as an attachment to this thread.

Probably more detail than you needed, but I tend to do that.

Good Hunting!

Flaxative likes this.
  9. Acewing

Acewing Kobold

Thanks for all the replies, but I've yet again hit a stumbling block (at 1093 in ratings at the moment). These new maps favor a lot of running around and I tend to just get out-paced by people camping the VP, while maneuvering to avoid my remaining characters. There's a bunch of other complications I run into that includes telekinesis spam and a lot of electricity/fire spam.

My main issue from what I've seen are:

1. Dwarf is far too slow, even with the 2 range stabs I have on him and the dancing cuts, as well as a Rushing Aura. It's just too easy to out-range him and run.

2. No idea how to build a proper priest; right now she's a really heavy hitter, but all range 1 attacks for the most part, and not much else.

3. Not sure about my human wizard, I tried using some other staff combinations for flame bursts and what not, but that didn't work out.

Kolkarag
    Level 1 Dwarf Warrior

Slacol
    Level 1 Human Priest

Rikzacfar
    Level 20 Human Wizard

10. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

I'm not an authority because I don't ranked MP a lot and I've only ever been around 1400. But I can see that your party build is all over the shop. For a start, 1/1/1 is pretty rare, for a reason - it gets beaten a lot by dedicated parties (2x burst/control wiz + support priest, 3x wiz, 2x vamp priest + support, 2x fast fighters + support, etc).

Then there's your character build. All three are unfocused. Have a look at party builds from the top players in the forums and you'll see that they focus on doing one thing. Your builds are reactive, trying to have cards for many situations, but it's better to build a focused party and create the situation. Make the other player react to it.

A lot of this is tinkering according to the cards you have - you're not going to have the scores of legendaries of a long term player. But I can see big holes you can fill with rares and below. Get rid of the Goat Boots and equip some Turquoise Boots or similar. Get strong team move cards on the humans. Keep an eye out for boots with team moves in the shops, like Wlakwa's Boots, a steal at 500g.

11. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Warrior
    Get rid of Ogre Plate. Shimmering Aura is dead way too often and that token will be better spent on boots. The most commonly used ones are Perilous Ringmail and Spiked Tlahuiztli. Cards to look out for on boots to chase down what I'm assuming are wizards include Energizing Move, Quick Aura, Sparkling Cloth Armor, Quick Run, or even Flanking Move since you have so many step and stab attacks. Get rid of Novice Crushing. It doesn't buff enough attacks to be worth it. I would use Novice Impaling instead. Also think about using a tokenless helmet like Crusty Helm so you can free up a token to upgrade your third weapon or martial skill. Rushing Aura is not very reliable and your wizard doesn't really need the movement so Sprint, Team! is basically a Sprint for your priest.

Priest
    Enchanted Harness has nothing to buff besides the nombo with Horned Plates. I'm guessing you really want purge effects and like the damage boost. You can "downgrade" Spiked Strapping to Expulsive Greaves and free up a token to replace the god awful Untrained Tactics. Superb Command would be a fun replacement. Unyielding Charm is too situational. Maybe Oak Roots to serve a similar function? Or even a simple Amulet Of Inspiration to help you warrior draw more move cards or just cycle on the priest. Your priest doesn't really take advantage of the usual priest traits so it's fine to downgrade Advanced Healer to a tokenless option like Trained Cleansing or Novice Ablution. That frees up the token for boots again.

Wizard
    Enchanted Harness again has nothing to buff besides the awful Shimmering Aura which hopefully you'll replace. Wizards need movement the least so move that Goat Boots over. Use the token on an arcane item. There are a ton of crappy arcane items so be picky. Mad Eskin's Pin is the right idea. Things that teleport or slide take top priority. Try to avoid random effects like Whirlwind and Maze. Any arcane attacks besides stuff like Force Cannon are too short range to be useful. Since you're taking advantage of linear spells with Deadly Spark you can safely use Squeamish items too. Replace Scintillating Robes with either a double Hover robe for the trait cycling or a Resistant Hide armor. Obviously be on the lookout for a better arcane skill.

doog37 likes this.
  12. Acewing

Acewing Kobold

Hmm, right. Thanks for the replies, Happen and peon.

I realize I have a lot of issues with my team builds, but maybe it would also help if I explained my logic a bit behind building the way I do:

1. I carry all those Shimmering Aura's BECAUSE of all the mage-esque teams I run into, yes they become dead-weight if there aren't any, but a lot of people run 2x or 3x mages, so I kind of do it on reaction.

2. I use the crushing, because I've always noticed that I like putting bludgeon-like weapons on my warrior, so that's where that comes from. As for all those step-moves, I kind of wish I had a lot more, given how un-optimized my dwarf is. He usually gets out-paced far too easily as I mentioned.

3. I'm honestly not sure what I wanted my priest to be, so I loaded up on damage, some heals, and at least 4 purges for obvious reasons. But that tends to lead to a lot of problems, as Happenstance mentioned: she's all over the place in her build and so is everyone else it seems. I added those stone feet, because I was sick of all those telekinesis plays that literally changes the pace of the enire game, once opponents use it on me. As for the Advanced Healer: I realize the power and abuse you can do with a lot of Trained Healer traits (or was it expert healer?), but I guess I need more invigorating touch and sword of darkness for that?

Overall, I'm also considering just changing the team make up entirely: ditch the dwarf warrior for something else and change up priest/wizard if need-be. So I was wondering if changing the 1/1/1 may be the better route to go, than try to fix a team build that's really easily countered and specializes in nothing.

@Happen - And what party builds should I look into exactly?

@Peon -

Warrior - Would it be better to just get a different warrior type to overcome that low speed? And I don't have Crusty Helm. So the Sprint! Team is only benefiting my priest, I see, I'll change it then. I'll also look into alternatives for armor, and see if I have any move+ items with what you mentioned.

Priest - I was just using the Harness as a means of protection, since she doesn't actually run much of any armor and Horned can get "plinked" off if it procs. I originally had Jet Black Armor on her for the frenzy aura and frenzy, but that traveling curse ended up killing me a few times, so I kind of decided to swap it to something else; the purge on it was also something I wanted for reasons I'll explain in the next sentence. After being pushed around by all the force cannons and telekinesis, I really wanted things that prevented that, without losing out on some utility that only priests could deliver like purging terrain/characters, which is essential in a lot of scenario's. So I decided to go with the glinting hammers and armor with enchanted/horned/purge, so I could keep the purge in case I needed it, but I also could fit in something with stone feet as well. I kept Advanced Healer for the few heals I did get, because I get cantrip off of each heal I pull off. I haven't considered much in terms of inspiration use, since I feel as if it's a waste of a turn/card, as compared to something like inspirational thinker, but I only have that as a human skill. Do have and will work in Superb Command, though.

Wizard - I found at times that the extra movement for wizards can be crucial in chasing down or just bringing about an unexpected blitzkrieg on people, although I can't say it has worked often and most of the time I use it to run away. I also have a second Eskin's Pin, so should I also find a way to fit that in? And what other type of Arcane Items should I be looking for? I'll look into anything with Squeamish as well and I hope I have something with hover/resistant hide; usually the robes with resistant aren't that good.

Hmm, is there anything else? I feel like there's a lot more wrong with this team build than what was mentioned.

13. doog37

doog37 Hydra

For someone who is struggling you sure have some good stuff, so keep your chin up. First realize it takes a while to round a build into shape. Sometimes the change of one item which can look like a obvious improvement can throw things out of balance, or try to avoid over-tinkering.

The above advice is all sound, but here are my more general thoughts. People will naturally avoid a single warrior try to use your warrior and priest together to push opponents into doing what you want. For the warrior Goat boots are great but you really want a 3 move card boot if you are struggling to close. Your helm has 2 good movement cards, but alas the best one doesn't help your warrior, try something else. Personally I would use a second double-edged over the sword of the winds, the third big stab is key. Your martial skill is terrible find one with at least 2 traits, preferably the same trait, I would suggest impaler to go with the impaling stabs. Crusher builds are iffy since the items that are good all need a token; you want to go crusher go for it, but 2 weak attacks on your martial skills is dumb. Ogre Plate is cute and all but not sure it is worth using a token on.

Your priest is all over the place. I would say if you are not sure what to do keep it simple. I like to 2 Glinting, so that's a start, but remember to be careful about a wiz zapping you with Raging Strike (or 2)... in fact you might want to pick a different second weapon if you are having raging issues. Spiked Strapping is a mess of an item, take 2 of the better armors that have negative synergy and add a purge to it. Enchanted by itself is not better than Hardy Mail and it is a nerf to Horned plates since it make it more likely to lose them. Get yourself some Silver healing rings great value for an uncommon and use 1 or 2. If you have anything with unholy wellspring try to use it as it can make your wiz scarier and can be used on either melee to good effect. There is no good reason to use Fright, it will screw you. Unless you have a reason to otherwise, use the Priest skill with 2 Altruism and a minor heal or the one with the 7 point drain attack (sorry memory is failing me). If you don't know what to do with your priest, add healing, drawing or attack buffs.

Linear spells are great except when they are aren't (can't believe you have 2 Deadly, deadly) meaning if you can't hit 2 you are stuck with a mid-level attack. But since you have a dozen deadlys you need to buff that stuff. if you aren't aren't doing it through your priest (Unholy wellspring) then get something with Arcane aura... and you must use an arcane skill with 2 or 3 Spark Generator (3 if you have focused, 2 if you don't). Makes 5s into 7s add a second buff and you could be casting linear attacks hard to block 2 for 7-10 each! Your robe and boot are odd choices. Any boots with Flanking are great for positioning for linear attacks and if you don't have a robe with arcane aura (or you don't want to go that direction) resistant hide is a MUST. There are so many arcane items it can be baffling, but again TK, winds/gusts of war or to a lesser extant force cannon are your friends, move your enemies (hold "ctrl" if you use auto-aim to target team mates) move your friends. Buffed Gusts hits 2 targets for damage as you shift them to your ready and loaded Dwarf or away from a scared wiz. If you don't have a ring of appropriation, do the treasure hunt to get it. Good items with Squeamish are Runestone, Blood Locket and (to a lesser extent) Sensate's Ring.

Finally don't complain about not being able to post inventory, your shouldn't have others create your build for you entirely. You need to make a decision and know why so you have a better idea of what and why and how to use cards as you draw them in matches.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  14. Acewing

Acewing Kobold

The only issue
    The only issue is: there are TOO MANY items, and too much of anything in life is not a good thing. There's no real way for me to find a focus, which is why I'm asking here, because apparently the build I have been tweaking all this time is going in the wrong direction, but I didn't know that nor have I found out what a good route to take would be.

PS - I have 3 Deadly, Deadly Staffs ._.

PSS - The Raging strikes aren't as much of an issue usually, but that fright really can screw me over, so I'll dispose of it. I'm also unfamiliar with the squeamish items you posted, meaning most likely I do not have them >_<.

15. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

Dwarf Warrior - Stab Tag
    Ogre Plate -> Gauntlets Of The Giant (a personal favorite), Yolotli Armor (Otherwise known as Yolo Plate), Spiked Tlahuiztli, Perilous Ringmail
    Goat Boots -> Lurker's Boots, Skipping Boots, Turquoise Boots, Kodiak Boots
    Helm Of Alacrity -> Necalli Cap/Energetic Helmet (obvious preference to the Necalli Cap). The goal is to move the warrior, not your other characters.
    Novice Crushing -> Novice Impaling/Superb Impaling

Human Priest - Whambam
    Spiked Strapping -> Ritual Straps
    Reckless Boots -> Lurker's Boots, Skipping Boots, Turquoise Boots
    Black Token -> Pungent Incense, Tome Of The Martyr
    Untrained Tactics -> something with cards from the (Move), Team set. Either Novice Command (tokenless, Uncommon), Command (Blue, Rare), or Perfect Command (Yellow, Rare)
    Advanced Healer -> Advanced Piety, as card advantage is probably better for you. Alternately, Focused Healer allows a more consistent combo with cards like Healing Dash, making it a Heal 3-6 Cantrip Move 4 (Heal up to 8, Move 6 with Quickness Aura), which is amazing. You'd have to replace one of your Glinting Eye Hammers, though, so YMMV.

Human Wizard - System Shock
    Mad Eskin's Pin -> Ring Of Appropriation is strictly better, and easily obtained via the Treasure Hunt. If you're not into spending Pizza, this is probably fine.
    Fiery Shard and Stone Of Shards -> Runestone. The Squeemish isn't going to hit you because NOTHING else in your deck will trigger it besides Winds Of War (and maybe Gusts Of War if you get a Ring Of Appropriation), as Deadly Spark isn't targeted.
    Scintillating Robes -> Thin Sparkling Cloak, Yellowdrake Robes, Forceful Robes
    Og's Boots Of Peril -> Anything with Flanking Move and Arcane Aura would be awesome. Xander's Boots and Ulalia's Boots have both, but they're both epic. Skipping Boots is good as a more reasonable alternative, Turquoise Boots is acceptable despite the lack of Flanking Move, because of the nice increase to mobility it provides. Prioritize mobility over Arcane Aura when choosing.
    Untrained Flexibility -> Get (Move), Team!'s. Command, Novice Command, etc.
    Advanced Electromancy? -> Consider Focused Electromancy for consistency, or Electroporter Novice as a tokenless alternative.

Your Warrior needs to focus on being fast, allowing other character to push him with (Move), Teams!s, and then either be excellent at stabbing (Frenzy Aura) or difficult to stab back (Barbed Plate). Your Priest needs to focus into their support role a little more, relying on the excellent damage from Glinting Eye Hammer as a finisher. Your wizard needs to be focused down into something designed to deliver blasts of lightning more effectively. I'm still a little worried about your potential answers to Resistant Hide, but I think your other two characters will be able to manage, and your more mobile Wizard should now be capable of targeting other characters instead.

EDIT: As a final note, if you have the chance to upgrade any of those shields from Twisting Shield to Hexagon Shield, I recommend doing so.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Is that how it's known? :D

Inkfingers likes this.
  17. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

[superserious]Yes. Yes it is.[/superserious]

Flaxative likes this.
  18. Acewing

Acewing Kobold

Kolkarag
    Level 1 Dwarf Warrior

Slacol
    Level 1 Human Priest

Rikzacfar
    Level 20 Human Wizard

Alrighty, going off of your advice, this is what I have so far. I do not have Ritual Straps, Focused Healer, Command, Perfect Command, Focused Electromancy, or Ring of Appropriation.

I'd also like to know what other things I could fill the remaining blank slots with!

I will also list the rare/epic/legendaries I currently have. (In another post).

PS - I unfortunately, do not have a second Hexagonal Shield either Q_Q.

19. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

I think it'd be a lot easier for us to list cards you should look out for based on what kind of build you want to make instead of playing inventory Bingo.

doog37 and Bandreus like this.
  20. Acewing

Acewing Kobold

Current Rare/Epic/Legendaries

Weapons

Warrior -

Dangerous Club
    Barreling Club
    Basher's Delight
    2 x Crimson Morningstar
    Enormous Tree Branch
    Giant's Battleaxe
    Gleaming Glaive
    Manhunter
    Petochl's Sword
    3 x Barbarian's Club
    Blackeye Hammer
    Flametouched Spear
    Hammer Of Bashing
    Polished Plancon
    Rapier Of Rage
    3 x Shadow Spear
    Thornhill Sword
    Warrior's Axe
    Sword Of Loud Thoughts
    2 x Balanced Rapier
    3 x Burnished Blade
    2 x Double-Edged Sword
    Sharp Spetum
    2 x Simple Axe
    Sword Of The Lion
    2 x Sword Of The Winds
    Tango Spear

Priest -

Godtouched Mace
    St. Nyssa's Hammer
    Bahoxl's Maul
    Blackhammer
    2 x Heavy Mace
    Nanahut's Morningstar
    Rapier Of Misfortune
    Red Shaman's Blade
    Xipe's Maquah
    2 x Big Stick
    Feathergod Blade
    2 x Pearl-handled Glaive
    Rockshaft Atlatl
    Scouring Axe
    3 x Shadowleaf Maquah
    3 x Vampire's Blade
    2 x Duality Mace
    Feathergod Maul
    3 x Lifesuck Spear
    2 x Glinting Eye Hammer

Wizard -

3 x Deadly, Deadly Staff
    Charring Staff
    Staff Of Immolation (There's another in the shop, but not sure if I should get a second one...)
    Staff Of The Fire God
    Staff Of The Inferno
    Tempered Flamestaff
    Trog Melter
    Ironwood Staff Of The Magus
    Orange Staff
    2 x Sapphire Woodstaff
    2 x Sorcerer's Staff
    3 x Staff Of Blazes
    2 x Staff Of Winter
    2 x Wallbuilder's Staff (No idea why I'm even mentioning this one...)
    2 x Chillwood Staff
    2 x Counterblast Staff
    3 x Greater Sulphuric Staff
    Mighty Sparkping Staff
    Stormstaff
    Whiterune Staff
    Oak Staff
    Overloaded Staff
    4 x Sizzlespark Staff
    Surging Staff

I have obviously omitted lesser weapons that aren't worth mentioning, and I will start on equipment next >_>...don't worry, I'll make it manageable.