Level up animation shows no changes

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Asquin, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Asquin

Asquin Kobold

My first adventure with 2.31 today, replay of Diamonds of the Kobolds with level 8 squad, all human clerics.

On completing the adventure, all clerics levelled up. Each got 2-3 xp, hitting level 9 exactly.

The level up animation played, with sparkles on XP, level, health, and power token.
    - XP changed from 17 or 18/20 -> 0/20 for each cleric, fine.
    - Level sparkled but stayed at "Level: 8".
    - Health sparkled but stayed at "17 Health".
    - A power token sparkle was shown, but no new power token appeared.

"Oh no", I thinks, "they're back to the start of level 8". Then I move to Keep on the Hinterlands, and all is fine. They're all level 9.

It's just a bug in the level up animation, no effect on gameplay.

2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I haven't seen the animations this build, but in previous builds it was common for the XP animation to stop 1 short of the actual value. Again, this was just a bug with the animation; the next time you viewed your party all the numbers would be right.

3. Asquin

Asquin Kobold

I've been watching level-up animations carefully. Two more:
    - Levelling up a party to L14, all animations correct.
    - Levelling up to L15, if all your blue power tokens are equipped, one changes to bronze. But the sparkle animation plays beside the character as usual, and there is no power token there.

Again, just a problem with the animation, no effect on gameplay.

4. Dorian

Dorian Mushroom Warrior

This happened to me this afternoon, when I finally leveled my main SP party from 19 to 20. The level sparkled but stayed at 19, and there was a "phantom" power token sparkle. But, once back at the Keep, I found that I had gained the benefits of leveling after all.

5. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

So do we think what's happening here is that when a token changes from a minor to major, it doesn't animate properly?

6. Dorian

Dorian Mushroom Warrior

When I went from 19 to 20, it was a brand-new token, I think -- a 6th blue one -- that didn't animate properly. Plus, the level # itself didn't update -- it flashed but stayed at 19 -- so it's not only the tokens that were broken.