Level 7 character tips

Discussion in 'Adventure Discussion and Strategy' started by cbarchuk, Aug 20, 2016.

1. cbarchuk

cbarchuk Kobold

I'm new to the game and my characters are now level 7. I'm really having a hard time figuring out what items/cards I should be using. My characters now have 2 minor power tokens. My question is what is the best way to use the 2 power tokens I have for my warrior, mage, and priest? For example, should my warrior focus on getting a weapon that requires both tokens or maybe it's best to get two 1 token weapons. I'm sure there isn't a one size fits all but I need some kind of direction here. Thanks for help.

2. boro

boro Goblin Champion

It depends on what items you have found yet, but imho it's generally better to equip a 2 token weapon + a 0 token weapon rather than 2 1-token weapons.
    My advice to new players is to replay the low level maps daily to get more stuff for the difficult modules, it's pretty much impossible to finish the campaign without doing so anyway. You're always going to need good tokenless items till the end.

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

This is the part of the campaign where armor destruction becomes really useful, so try to get your wizard a Sulphuric Staff or 2x Akon's Amulet.

4. cbarchuk

cbarchuk Kobold

I've only started on the level 6 dungeon. So you're saying I should still do the level 4 and 5 dungeons even though they won't grant any XP? What type of items should I spend my tokens on for my priest and mage? Divine Weapon and Staff you think?

5. cbarchuk

cbarchuk Kobold

Haven't found any of these yet. I'll keep looking. But you're right enemy armor has been a problem.

6. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

You shouldnt overthink the item part, in the end its about the cards. Look at the new items you got available, the ones that cost tokens have often more impactful cards. If you like what those cards can do for your team, bring them. Their usefulness depends a lot on the adventure you plan to visit.

7. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Disagree. I managed to finish all the free adventures without going back to easier level for stuff.

Wandere and timeracers like this.
  8. boro

boro Goblin Champion

yeah and was that the optimal way to go or did you repeatedly fail on maps and grinded for items that way?
    though I may be misjudging how hard the campaign is right now for new players, it was a lot harder after the game just launched, plenty of maps have been altered or removed and there is a larger selection of items now

9. Navas

Navas Kobold

You still get XP doing two levels down adventures.
    Try to do loot fairy when possible, it will give you some better itens. When fighting enemy, try to look the kind of cards they have, if it´s too difficult like lots of armors, try to get one or two itens that have armor removal cards.

10. I don't recommend going back and grinding modules, you only get the improved loot once. If you're having trouble co-op chat is your best bet. You might pick up some tips or more from the party members.