Let Quickdraw use player-owned skins

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Valadilene, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Valadilene

Valadilene Lizardman Priest

After the QD algorithm has randomized and selected class and race for the characters, the pool of possible skins should include skins that the controlling player owns, before randomly picking one.

For example, if Quickdraw gives you an elf wizard, and you have bought skins for that type of character, the algorithm will randomly choose from the basic QD-skins + skins you own. Enemy characters randomly use skins that the enemy player owns.

Right now, each class/race combo picks from like 2 skins. Diversification is needed!

rinco69, wereviper and Maniafig like this.
  2. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

This has been suggested before. The reason they only use 2 skins is to make it extra clear from the skin what race/class each character is. Though I don't see much harm from allowing skins that both players 1 and 2 own being added to the pool because if you own the skin you likely know what the class/race for it is.

3. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Actually I just realized something, the skins doesn't have to be the only signifier of a character. Obviously you can hover a character to see the race and class already but the system could do what I do with all my characters. Suffix the name with ([Class] [Race]) .

seth arue likes this.
  4. seth arue

seth arue Thaumaturge

In QD, you can't do this until all cards are chosen for all chars. Seeing as how I don't memorize all the skins, I typically have no idea what class each character is, until cards get picked. (By then, it's usually too late.) I like your suffix idea.

ParodyKnaveBob and timeracers like this.
  5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Warriors have helmets, priests do not (it's an official Rule). Wizards have a staff, burning hands, and/or a gun. When in doubt, go here: Figures Spread

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  6. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Good thing Citadel costumes aren't in QD. I've been meaning to post for months that many of them are terribly confusing. (Too much on my To Do List...)

Also, dwarves are short, and elves always have visible pointy ears (another official rule iirc, but I need to be gone already, not looking it up atm, sorry, heheh). Just ignore the demon priest. $;^ J (He should probably equip the Aloyzo entry, Dubious Heritage... (which I'd link, but again, gone now! heheh))

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Some dwarves have small pointy ears (mainly the ones that aren't pale skinned). My disappointment with that figure is the fact that he isn't wielding one of these:
    [​IMG]