L&L Defense, CH Defense, or Something Else?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by slowreflex, Sep 1, 2015.

?

What is the best defense system?

1. The current CH one (lots of RNG)

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. The current L&L one (no RNG)

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Something Else

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. haho

haho Orc Soldier

originally I was super excited about L&L but the more changes they made, the less and less interested I became. They watered it down significantly. Now it is nothing more than a bastardized version, hardly sharing much of anything with cardhunter except the general concept and art.

2. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Wait, have you actually played L&L? Other than @Wildarm, none of those who posted their opinions actually did. That I'm aware of, at least.

We can keep on riding on the back of theoretical assumptions and uninformed conjectures, ofc, but I'd really like to hear the thoughts of people who actually played both CH and L&L.

3. Wildarm

Wildarm Ogre

I wouldn't say that. The changed mechanics offer a different style of play but not a necessarily bad one. It's different and lacking a fair amount of content that CH proper had at launch which hampers the appeal. The potential is there but they have a long way to go.

Key issues so far: lack of PVP, no party control, low level cap, Lack of an item shop. Also, enemy AI is even worse than CH which makes arena battles easy but mind numbing.

Unfortunately, the death knell is that the grind is real and it is not fun(compared to CH for example). Only thing worth doing after completing campaign is the arena. Do we really need to grind 100 arena matches in a week to get a legendary item? It's excessive.

I finished the campaign and hit a hard wall at that point of improving my team at all. Tried to put some effort into getting a legendary item via arena and could barely make it 1/3rd of the way up the ladder before becoming too bored with 100 matches for a single middling good item. Decided to wait till next week to see if the item was better but soon found other games which held my interest more and have not gone back since. Will wait for an app update or two with more content and features.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    DunDunDun, Sir Veza and Bandreus like this.
  4. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I think I'm going to need some examples of this, because I'm finding this incredibly hard to believe.

5. Wildarm

Wildarm Ogre

Elf Wizard(only wizard you can get) Charging up to two opponents with no other moves in hand is a good start. I mean, there are only 3 characters in the game, the AI could have been improved a bit to keep wizards far, priests mid, and melee close at the very least.

There is no rhyme or reason to the opponents attacks or strategy and once you kill their suicidal charging wizard, there other two just cluster around a VP for a while and you can pick them off easily with your wizard. Just park your priest on the other VP and have your warrior sit in front of your wizard for protection. It is trivial easy to win the arena matches against the AI. At least cardotron has OP cards to make up for his mental weaknesses. The arena opponents just fall on their sword for you.