Just thinking out loud (in text)

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Scyrax, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Scyrax

Scyrax Mushroom Warrior

I found that while playing the game (again, loving it) I'd have sporadic moments of "Wouldn't it be cool if...?"

I figured whenever I had such I thought I'd post it here (feel free to do the same if you so desire).

Wouldn't it be cool if...

1) there were random encounters as you traveled the over-world map?

2) items could have random magical properties? (The idea being a particular magical property changes an items card suite in a certain way. Admittedly, this one may not be feasible for many reasons (balance, items are already pretty complex, etc.) but it was just a thought.)

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

1) Yes. Although as you don't really travel between locations rather than just start one and teleport there, that might be a hassle/hard to implement. 1 random encounters in the style of BG or Fallout. Wouldn't even have to be combat, could be rare merchants et c.

2)An item that has a random item suite could work couldn't it? Like a magic robe with 2 set cards and maybe a random spell? Don't think that would be too hard to implement? Just have a card when played draw a random magic card not in your deck

3. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

1. is fun but it takes you out of the whole board game vibe i personally feel so i would vote no.
    2. is a balance issue card suits being locked is what makes them easy to balance so as much as the idea is interesting i don't think the pain is worth the gain so to speak.

4. Rapid

Rapid Mushroom Warrior

I've been thinking the world map should be more detailed, with roads/terrain, and you should travel from node to node and have more encounters. (like a meta-board game).

You could zoom in and out, and maybe have an effect on the land? Or go to different countries, cross boarders? (though that might add an element of politics to the game, which isn't really present).

Just some thoughts.