Item Creation Design Discussion

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Stexe, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

This isn't really a discussion thread, it is more of a guide to fit within existing items. Just been slacking and forgot about this, but I might update it with all the other info. Unless Flax did that already if that's what you mean?

Sir Veza likes this.
  2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I think these threads are for different purposes, yeah. Stexe I think you're right.

3. Stexe

Considering how many recent submissions completely break current item crafting rules for wizard items, I'll try to update this with wizard stuff tonight or tomorrow. Maybe it will help some people since I've seen a LOT of basic auto-disqualifies submitted.

Sir Veza likes this.
  4. Stexe

There are a few rules that are present in-game, but aren't specified exactly. Anyone have an idea on the exact rules for some of these?
    It seems to be that the highest damage magic card on an arcane item is Big Zap (damage 5, range 2). But there is Firestorm (damage 4, range 5) on a lot of items and Ember Burst (damage 3, range 6) on a single item (Kolt 45).

I assume Jon meant to say "3 or more" since there are a couple 2 damage attacks with decent range (Force Blast and Force Canon and Flame Spit with damage 2, range 5). Probably some other stuff I'm missing too.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

There's another rule about not having Keep armors that reduce by more than 2 on boots or robes (maybe only allowed on heavy and divine armors?). Which I think is a bad rule since it ignores the armor chance, which is why you're allowed to have Reliable Mail on robes (or 2 copies on boots) but not Thickened Mail or Solid Mail.

Personally, I'd like to see Arrogant Armor on robes and elf skills (no more than one copy).

6. Stexe

There is Shimmering Aura on boots and robes, but I guess that's kind of an exception since it is only for magic / projectiles. Good point though, I'll add it to restrictions on boots / robes.

7. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

Bump again.

8. Stexe

Yeah, thanks. Most of the stuff is there but there's a few more. I'll try updating it after the holidays.

Sir Veza likes this.
  9. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

My guide is pretty much complete. If there are missing exception or other mistakes then tell me.

10. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

No one has complained about any missing exceptions or other mistakes so I will say that my guide is complete.

11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I believe attack damage on boots was originally limited to 3, and Lunging Bash was left in place (and used in new boots) after its damage was increased from 3 to 4. I suspect Lunging Bash may be grandfathered in, but other attacks are still limited to 3 damage. Perhaps @Flaxative will comment on this.

12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Seems accurate to me.

Sir Veza likes this.
  13. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Corrected my guide(changed it to say 3 damage or less and added lunging bash to the exception cards section.)

Sir Veza likes this.
  14. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

15. Stexe

I think timerancers finished his guide. I haven't updated mine because I've been busy and haven't been playing Card Hunter or making items as much which was really my motivation. Good to see someone is still interested, but there's no way I'll work on it until after GDC and maybe another week. Remind me in 2 or 3 weeks and I'll take a crack at it.

16. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

I'm not trying to nag you into finishing, I just think this tread is useful when there is a Aloyzo competition.

timeracers and Stexe like this.
  17. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

No problem, I'll make a note to nag him after Easter.
    Hope you're having fun at GDC, Stexe!

18. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

19. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

20. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge