Is the Second Level of The Tomb Of Tvericus meant to be impossible?

Discussion in 'Adventure Discussion and Strategy' started by Skyyl, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Skyyl

Skyyl Kobold

or do you just need rediculous gear and to be a high enough level to not even get xp anymore. cause im 13 and have pretty decent gear and can only sucessfully kill one of the skelitons before im eaten alive.

2. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Hmm, was the second level the one with the very small map and three armored skeletons as enemies?

Yes, that does require a little bit of luck as well but there are certainly some things you can do to make it easier:
    • If you have a character with multiple move cards in the first turn, move that guy ahead. Wait for both of the skeletons move next to that guy, then move him back. With any luck, one or both of the foes doesn't have a second move and can't follow right away.
    • Try to gang up on only one foe at a time. This also means that you should try not to let several skeletons hit you at once. Team moves help here.
    • Be prepared for Only Bones and normal armor. Which means bring anti-armor cards and weapons with bludgeons / bashes / Violent Overswing.
    • If you can hit the enemies from range, do so.

3. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

If you're talking about that map (the one Zalminen mentions), then that's the one I actually found the simplest. I usually have it done by turn 2. It's usually a simple matter of Boiling armor effects and a bit of axe chopping for hitting multiple targets at a time, with a little knockback for control. I never really had to work very hard coming up with a specialized strat for this one, since it felt the most straightforward. Is it the only bones that's creating the issue?

4. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Terrain attachments - especially illusionary and stone, any pushes or bashes et c. But yeah, boiling armor is always good. But the Narthex IS a pretty difficult map, however - it's far from impossible. Let us know what your build is and maybe we can make some suggestions Skyyl?

5. Gerry Quinn

Gerry Quinn Goblin Champion

Keep your team separated and concentrate fire on one skeleton at a time. You will have to run a bit so knockback and any other control you have is good.