Is Card Hunter game designed to prevent pay to win?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by TokyoDan, May 11, 2013.

1. I don't feel there is a pay-wall for anything.
    The extra adventures didn't even feel like that because it's a 1 time payment for a Free game (that honestly has sucked away almost more hours this week then MH3U.)
    Sure you can pour $100 into pizza for chests, but any loot you get you will still need to level you team up to use. The chests will only help you smooth out single player, and possibly give you a slight advantage in MP (for a short time until Average no money Joe wins the same loot you have)

Now, As for the club. Oh my god, that has been so tempting, especially when a legendary get's thrown in there. . . However due to limited finances all i could afford was the Adventure pack.

2. Barkam

Barkam Mushroom Warrior

I think Blue Manchu has done a great job with monetizing the game. I don't feel compelled to spend money on the game but certainly very tempted to do so. That is exactly where you want your player base to be so that there is no resentment. The loot on the pillow is so enticing. :)

My only gripe is the price of cardhunter club. If they reduce the cost by 15%, then I would definitely join it.

3. xienwolf

xienwolf Goblin Champion

4. Tobold

Tobold Goblin Champion

Just a quick question to all of those afraid of Pay2Win: You are talking about Multiplayer exclusively, aren't you?

I am mostly interested in the Singleplayer part of Card Hunter, and as far as I read on the forums the SP part is the core game, and the MP part got added later. And the SP part of Card Hunter definitively isn't Pay2Win. You can smooth out the experience and advance slightly faster in the campaign if you spend money, but I haven't seen a single occurrence of "you pay, you win - you don't pay, you lose". Why would you call the Club reward being visible but greyed out to be Pay2Win? I'd call it a "nag screen" at worst.