Initial observations from someone who got into the beta today.

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Proxiehunter, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Proxiehunter

Proxiehunter Orc Soldier

Just got in thanks to a kind poster putting a beta key they no longer needed on the forums. I notice that the game runs very smoothly despite my massively out of date and not very good when it was brand new netbook I'm running it on. A few minor nitpicks have come up. I did some registry hacking on my computer to allow me to increase the screen res beyond 1024X600 and I increased my screen res immediately after starting the game because part of the introductory graphics (where you're waiting for the game to load) were running off the top and bottom of my screen. I do wish it would fit better in 1024X600 mode.

I've also noticed that even in my maximum 1152X846 mode that I have to scroll my screen around in the shops to see everything. It's not a big game impacting deal but it runs off the left side of my screen and I can't see things like the character portraits. I can understand needing to scroll on a big map but it feels like the whole shop should fit on my screen.

This brings me to scrolling the screen. I can't figure out how to scroll without clicking and dragging with the mouse. The arrow keys don't seem to work. Full screen mode mentions there being "keyboard controls" but I can't find anywhere that tells me what these controls are.

Finally, I wish my starting characters were all the same level, but that's probably one of the games old school table top RPG callbacks.

All in all I'm having fun murdalizing kobolds and troglodytes and these are just minor annoyances.

Oh, I almost forgot one thing I was going to mention. One of the loading graphics includes an image that calls the in universe Card Hunter game we're playing with Gary "For one or more adults ages 10+". For one thing, it would make more sense to say "One or more players" since 10 year olds aren't adults. For another, given that the TOS states a minimum age of players as 13 you might want to change the graphic to read "For one or more players 13+".

Mutak likes this.