Initial Blatherings

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by MacLeod, May 7, 2013.

1. Megashield

Megashield Kobold

To be fair, the game is free! so you shouldn't have to convince your friends too hard to give it 5 minutes of their time for a shot :p.

Regarding the lava tile example you stated. If I shot you with a gun four times. I'd expect it to hurt about 4 times as much as being shot once! But if you step over a hole disney-style and drop off the face of the planet, if I make the hole four times as big, it won't make you fall through four times as fast or such!

You could also think of it as, the monster only has two feet regardless of how big he is. Thus it is only fair that since he has only two feet touching the ground he would take as much as normal one tile monster! This should probably be mentioned somewhere in the game as it does seem a bit un-intuitative.

2. MacLeod

MacLeod Mushroom Warrior

The issue that makes it tough regardless of Card Hunter's free nature is that it is a game that requires you to put forth a good amount of time. Now imagine arguing against a group of people whom ALL play DDO, another free game. It will take more than PvP to get them to come over!

Yeah, I don't know. If there a hole tile maybe apply such a rule to that... but big guys tend to be pretty tough so an Achilles heel of that nature seems appropriate to me. Especially when Melvelous has 40 HP!

Since I defeated White Star... I haven't hit a wall yet. Perhaps the devs should tweak that one just a little bit?

Does anyone else think that if a character is a victim of Slide Back 2 but can only go back 1 that they should take extra damage?

Is there a reason that The Viscous Tombs has, "X exciting battles!" instead of 3 exciting battles...?

3. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

It's unfinished text. I'm assuming the module was in flux before.

4. MacLeod

MacLeod Mushroom Warrior

Cool. Now you know. And knowing is half the battle. The other half, of course, is actually revising the text. ;)

5. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Text revisions are really low on the ol' totem pole. I'm pretty sure Jon and company know (and it might require an art change). However, drop by the "Game Text Bugs" thread and make sure :)

6. MacLeod

MacLeod Mushroom Warrior

For sure, I'd expect gameplay and features to be at the top. I'm just mentioning errors as I see them and opinions as I form them. :)

So I've been thinking about the Battle Loot screen. If we can't sell the items right then and there... What about a button that sends the unwanted loot into a junk box. Then, while at a store you can hit, 'sell junk' and win the game, er, automatically sell all of the gear in your junk box.
    I just think the interface for those bits needs to be better. I'd also like some more organization tools.

The text for attempting an already completed adventure is confusing. Sometimes it says I'll get a guaranteed epic item (and I don't) other times it says it is a regular adventure where I will get XP and loot (and I don't get any XP).

Is there going to be an option to alter the colors on your figures? (a little customization goes a long way)

Cards that are designed to remove ailments (such as burn) should remove ALL negative status ailments on the target and those placed there by an enemy. Reason being... it is way easier to setup a good fire spray when I can target my well armored fighter and four other enemies then Purge him of the burn effect. It could be a fun combo.

7. MacLeod

MacLeod Mushroom Warrior

Is there any way that a tiny little "New!" icon can be placed on loot when it appears on the loot screen? Perhaps even on the equipment screen until after the next adventure is completed.

8. MacLeod

MacLeod Mushroom Warrior

And by new I mean... Loot that you haven't technically seen before. Hm.

Also, does it seem difficult to collect Spark only gear?

9. MacLeod

MacLeod Mushroom Warrior

Just rolled a Gold-flecked Rapier and a Giant's Battleaxe. I need more talents! That axe makes me want to build a chop spec'd fighter!

Also... Only Bones needs to be nerfed. At least make it require a roll of 2+ or drop the Keep keyword. A hard strike with any weapon could shatter bones...

Rolled two Black Pearls from the last battle of Goblins in the Woods. Weird...? 100 gold is cool though. Now I just need the stores to actually stock things of value.

10. MacLeod

MacLeod Mushroom Warrior

Is there a point to giving Dimensional Traveler the Teleport keyword? I think it should be bumped up to 2 spaces regardless.

11. MacLeod

MacLeod Mushroom Warrior

Man, Only Bones is affecting my physical health IRL. :mad:
    I need some better bludgeon based gear!

Also, the stun effect off of Brains! is the least fun card of all time. I get that it only deals 2 damage... but leading with that after using Demonic Feedback on the victim is causing my blood vessels to erupt.

The undead aren't very fun in this game. :oops:

12. MacLeod

MacLeod Mushroom Warrior

Is there a reason that the row that represents my opponents and their cards is always greyed out...? The figures aren't gray. It makes quickly identify hands, revealed cards, etc. more difficult.