Initial [AotA] Card Feedback

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Flaxative, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'm only going to examine player-available cards here, and again these are initial thoughts. Haven't played any competitive games with the cards, so this is going to be a mix of PvE experience and PvP armchair thoughts.

• Sparkling Cloth Armor is fantastic. I made use of it moving through the new content, and I look forward to using it in PvP. I love love love this card. So awesome that it's keep.

• Force Cannon is sweet. Huge effect, very fun.

• Magma Spray: finally a burning cone that's worth using. Maybe only in PvE, but I appreciate the upgrade.

• Pushback Parry makes Weak Parry look like ****. And it's uncommon, not rare. Same quality. Same function, but strictly better. What gives?

• Healing Dash is fun, seems balanced.

• Mystical Drakehide is ok, but it doesn't list an armor amount. Why is it an armor? Just so that it can get dissolved/boiled/shredded? Or is the card text bugged? Either way, this card doesn't particularly excite me, which is probably fine. Not every card needs to upset PvP or be awesome—they're just new tools and toys, which is nice.

• Purging Burst is amazing. Love this card. Useful defensively, offensively, very versatile.

• Upgraded Flash of Pain and the 4-damage burst arcane spell are both fun cards, love the art on both. I look forward to them getting played and increasing the diversity of the game.

• Purging Strike is nice. Appropriately valued, and useful.

I know this isn't all the cards, but I haven't played/seen all of them yet. I'll update this thread as I go, and I encourage others to post here as well.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Fun interaction with Sparkling Cloth Armor:
    1) Get hit by a bash
    2) Sparkling Cloth Armor triggers on damage, but before slideback
    3) You choose where you want to move from Sparkling Cloth Armor
    4) The slideback happens

3. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

It's the same order of effect resolution as on Crude Plates. Armor effect is triggered by damage and resolves before post-damage attack effect takes place.

4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah. It's not a bug, it's just cute.

neoncat likes this.