In which I rank the stone pendants

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Accent, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Accent

Accent Hydra

There are several colored Pendants which contain Winds Of War (which all wizards love, except during this brief period)

Bluestone Pendant -- Acid Blast? Meh. Penetrating Zap? Super terrible.
    Greenstone Pendant -- Whirlwind Enemies was hit very hard by the nerf, otherwise this might be number 1. Big Zap isn't particularly good.
    Redstone Pendant -- Wall Of Illusion probably shouldn't be silver, and Trip is even worse than Penetrating Zap. Trip tends to equal dead wizard.
    Yellowstone Pendant -- this would be an easy number 1, if Defensiveness wasn't entirely unplayable. Perplexing Ray is great, but anything that prevents your wizard from removing warriors in their face can't be countenanced. And unlike Trip, it will stick around.

It's too bad that no one plays these, but it's easy to see why.

FrigusMacto and Sir Veza like this.
  2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I agree with the gist of this, but I can't tell whether your list is ranked in order of lameness, or simply alphabetically? In any case, it's good advice for beginners.
    As a niggling disagreement, I consider Cowardly super terrible. I rank Penetrating Zap as eminently discardable.

FrigusMacto likes this.
  3. Accent

Accent Hydra

I've actually played Toad Boots, and I agree with you . . . it can bite you hard.

My original list was in descending order of my likeliness to equip.

Sir Veza likes this.
  4. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

The fact that the item you were most likely to equip had two rather bad cards on it speaks volumes about their quality.