Ideas for the next the PvP season

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Lord Feleran, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Fyra

Fyra #1 in Spring PvP Season

Then there should maybe be one category only? "higest winrate in shortest time". Set all winrate to 0% in the beginning of season then count how much they play*how much they win*rating. That would be easier for everyone. Also people wont be able to tank rating/"spam to win". Or would that be unfair for those that dont own a VP/other methods to win fast?

Edit: I know people in the top that dont own a VP/is playing VERY VERY slow. They wouldnt stand a chance since they dont have time or feel like to play 4+ hours a day/make 30-40 plays. Which many of us did in the "novelty category" most wins.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Competition seems to be deeply ingrained around here, but I thought the season was primarily supposed to be about getting people to play more.
    It might also aim for getting more people to play, so I think a category reserved for new players would be good.

Fyra likes this.
  3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I think a lot of the stress would honestly be solved by Stexe's tiering suggestion.

Sir Veza, Fyra and Stexe like this.
  4. rowspower

rowspower Goblin Champion

Could we take an approach similar to the Warcraft arena? Reset everyone's MMR every 3 or so months, and award prizes to the top 0.5%, 5%, ..., and so on?

I also firmly believe that battles against the GM opponents should not count for or against players, but have no idea if that's an achievable thing...

Fyra, Vakaz and Stexe like this.
  5. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

So this is a good thing? Or the few asians shall only have the right to play against the bots caus you don't like them?
    The weird hours for you is prime time for some others.

Pros: noone can get an advantage caus he fights Cardotron more often
    Cons: those who fight the bots more often lose some time they could have spent playing against humans and will be disadvantaged.
    Morale: it would encourage players to play with the AI turned off, hence more PvP games. So, why not as I think it was the main purpose of the PvP season.

6. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Flaxative likes this.