I want to do a Let's Play.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lockon, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Lockon

Lockon Mushroom Warrior

Okay, something I've wanted to do for a while now is do a Let's Play, and I was thinking of doing one for this game, after the next reset. The problem? I have no idea how to record one(As I want to do a video LP, as none of the ones on Youtube, I'd consider very good.) and don't have much money. I have the hardware, Microphone and all that, I just need the software to record this. Anyone know where I can get my hands on a free recording program?

2. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

When I was looking into this a year or so ago I tried a few different free programs and found that none of them was very good. (The kinds of problems I saw were videos with a very choppy frame-rate, bad compression, no sounds, no mouse cursor, and other stuff like that.) So I bought FRAPS, which obviously isn't free - but it does work well.

As I said, I didn't find any of the free alternatives to be satisfactory when I tried them - but that was awhile ago. Maybe things have improved since then. Before posting this I did a very quick internet search to see what software people are talking about for videos, and I found this LP guide for newbies. That site lists a few different recording programs including FRAPS and a couple of the other programs I tried when I was looking. Most software on the list is not free.

(I'm not actually making Lets Play videos - but I sometimes record computer stuff for personal use.)

3. Jen

Jen Kobold

I recommend FRAPS as well, it's what I use to record gameplay on the computer. I haven't had any problem with it, and it wasn't all that expensive. :)

4. kingsley

kingsley Kobold

I just like to point out, even if its a bit late, that technically you are only able to do a play through since all the loot is randomized and so is the card draw meaning people cant do exactly what you do. you can only doing a play through and give general advice like make sure to keep tank in front or i would recommend barricading your wizard and only letting him/her do ranged damage and make sure it doesn't take damage. Not hating or anything in fact i want to do one too but i was wondering does anyone know if there is an embargo on this game?

5. Lockon

Lockon Mushroom Warrior

Well, not all LP's are walkthrough material, I mean, blind ones exist.