I can't beat Against the Cockroaches

Discussion in 'Adventure Discussion and Strategy' started by GG Crono, Oct 3, 2013.

1. GG Crono

GG Crono Kobold

I arm myself with as many chops as I can manage, as well as as much stuff as can one-shot the roaches or melt through their armor as I can. But after my tenth or so try (no exaggeration there), I'm beating my head against the wall. And packing lots of AoE cards doesn't do me any good when they're immune to fire and acid half the time.

So... am I doing something wrong here? Reveal your secrets to me, Cardhunter community. My party is human fighter, elf wizard, dwarf priest, all level 11.

2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I did it with with armor destruction, Firestorm, and 7+ damage attacks. Chops sound good, but I don't think they actually helped much. Make certain the armor is gone before using any fire/electric attacks.

3. GG Crono

GG Crono Kobold

Unfortunately, I don't have anything with firestorm, and not much that has 7+ damage.

EDIT: Well, you know what they say about squeaky wheels and grease. Not only did I beat it on my next attempt, but the final battle dropped an item that granted Firestorm. Ain't that a kick in the head. :D

Pokemath, Angry Penguin and Pengw1n like this.
  4. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Just in case anyone else comes by looking for advice on this adventure I actually found that chops paired with armour destruction was very effective, along with a wizard focussing on arcane attacks (ideally either with Penetrating or 5 damage Big Zaps). I also didn't have Firestorm (still don't and my party is level 17) but I think I did have a few Violent Overswings.

5. rephikul

rephikul Mushroom Warrior

I dont see the issue here. They have 5 hp. One chop and 2 die. Throw in some acid and it'd be over rather quickly.

6. Forduc

Forduc Orc Soldier

First things first. Make sure you get Akon's Amulet from MP "tutorial". Acid is actually worst form of armor removal. Even Wavering Faith is usually better.

Apart from that, try to make sure you don't take unnecessary hits.

7. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

This may be true, but it works quite well in this particular adventure. The first and third maps both have bottlenecks that make terrain attachments very effective.

8. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Arcane damage + chops + good armor/shields/parries on your warrior and priest also stab attacks and step cards work very well. Focus on one/two roaches at a time while minimizing damage intake.

Main problem with roaches, esp if you don't have high dmg cards yet, is their sheer number. Consider this as a battle of attrition. If you can get a few down before they can seriously hinder your parties health, you're pretty much in for an easy win.

9. Gerry Quinn

Gerry Quinn Goblin Champion

Indeed, good armour on warrior and priest while keeping wizard out of the way is fairly effective whatever kind of damage you are doing, since they don't hit hard.

10. Karstedt

Karstedt Goblin Champion

This^^^

I had Akon's and an armorbane pendant with chops and made short work of the roaches. I had more trouble with Molvin, that damn poison discarding strike.

11. Pokemath

Pokemath Mushroom Warrior

Grr, Molvin. My flimsy wizard was stuck on the other side and couldn't duck out of line-of-sight. The stink bombs killed her. You know, the cards that ignore armor when they poison you and have a burst so you don't need line of sight? My advice is to double team and flank Molvin. Armor is virtually useless unless it's Arrogant Armor. I only got Arrogant Armor after the fight though, and as of yet I don't have Firestorm.

12. Shardey

Shardey Kobold

Note that in the final match, if you have initiative, you can push the door off from it's spot before it has a chance to play immovable.

13. shazbot

shazbot Mushroom Warrior

Boil armor + 2 aoe fire attacks, I killed 4 roaches in 2 rounds. chops are most definitely helpful.