How will beta testers be selected?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by redcap, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

That gives you a 2x chance of being in the right barrel, so yeah!

2. Ystin

Ystin Orc Soldier

You might be on to something. I'm thinking if we do something like drop down a large waterfall while in a barrel, our chances should be improved. It shows dedication and, more importantly, that the barrel is a high quality barrel, built with integrity.

3. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

My vote is for a random assignment for the first part of the Beta.

4. Ystin

Ystin Orc Soldier

If the randomness comes from choosing names out of a barrel, I'd be down.

5. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

How about we each put our names on a barrel, they get sent over Niagara Falls and the ones who survive the drop get into the beta?

Ystin likes this.
  6. Timaeus

Timaeus Kobold

That certainly sounds safer than all of us cramming into a barrel and doing the same...

Ystin likes this.
  7. Ystin

Ystin Orc Soldier

But then the people who can afford higher quality barrels will have a better chance of getting into the beta.

8. Farbs

A vote for Gary is a vote for barrel equality.
    Gary 2012.

Ystin likes this.
  9. Ystin

Ystin Orc Soldier

Farbs, it's good to see you have joined the campaign. If you would have been on Greenfang's side the future would have looked quite grim.

(On a side note this made my long, long day. Thank you :p)

10. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Okay, that does it. Is there a "barrel" card in the game or not?

Timaeus, Farbs and Ystin like this.
  11. Ystin

Ystin Orc Soldier

Lol, that would be the greatest armor. I would have to run a barrel on at least one of my characters if there was. Not competitively though, unfortunately I don't think it would be all too good of a card.

12. Sir Knight

. . . Those were the fastest "likes" I've ever received. One "like" a minute.

But yes, wearing a barrel as cartoony armor could work. Seriously.

13. Ystin

Ystin Orc Soldier

Haha, I'm writing a paper and my devotion to it is easily broken. The email popped up and I was all "Oh, Card Hunter!" I'd also be down for it as a vanity item if we can't score an actual item. You're right about the cartoony armor working.

14. Farbs

Haha, no. The only "barrels" I can think of are:
    • A barrel of pickled herring, which is a low level loot item
    • Some of the board decals
    • The word "barrels" appearing in a card play description, eg "Frabbo barrels into Forboz"
    AFAIK we have no crates, which makes Card Hunter the best game possible.
    Oh, unless you count the treasure chests. Then the time to crate is somewhere around five minutes.

15. Ystin

Ystin Orc Soldier

Unfortunate. I think I'm going to have to formally submit a request for a barrel item, then.

I am however excited about the board decals, they seem like they'll be fun to play with, if we get a chance to of course. At first I thought it sort of silly to think of buying bowls of Gary's mom's apple slices, or home made Funions, just to put around the board you'll be playing on. But with the grand number of things you guys could include, I think that the little spender inside of me would probably break down and buy some of those vanity items, however ridiculous the notion.

Also, it would be neat to be able to show off rewards you had achieved throughout a campaign. Example: Completing the quest with Greenfang you could get his figurine to decorate your table top with. I feel like this would be mostly attractive to those who would enjoy boasting of their achievements to their friends over a game of multi-player. That is if those decals would carry over to the multi-player maps I guess. I'm not really sure how those (the decals or the multiplayer maps) work and I don't want to mislead anyone anymore than I already have.

16. Sir Knight

Excellent. Then, when you get to implementing the "barrel" card, I will accept the usual consultant fee.

Ystin likes this.
  17. Roshirai

Roshirai Goblin Champion

But by that logic, Super Crate Box is the worst game possible, and I will not stand for that, no, sir.

18. Diamondius

Diamondius Kobold

Personally I would prefer if you would create a founders pack or something of the sort so the people who are really interested can get in the beta for sure :D And it would also give you a small fund boost.

19. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

My first character is going to be called "Harold the Barrel"

20. ram

ram Kobold

A barrel, who would come here read this thread and know he needs to find a barrel?
    Just make a button on the front page to register to beta and leave contact info.

and then shove all those who registered into a barrel and pick from there