How to nerf Talented Healer

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Keyser, Aug 11, 2013.

?

How should Talented Healer be nerfed

1. Require a die roll like Altruism, either 3+ or 4+.

14 vote(s)
    48.3%
  2. Have it disappear after a set number of heals, perhaps after it is used 3 times.

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. Get rid of focused healer, so you can't have more than one Talented Healer

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  4. Other.

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  1. Keyser

Keyser Goblin Champion

2. Keyser

Keyser Goblin Champion

And how can I edit the poll options so that [/card] and [/item] don't show up?

3. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

I see this as the same problem as any other card cyclers. If there isn't anti-cyclers in pool/design, there's really nothing much to stop from making infinite draws or drawing a very large part of deck in 1 turn.

progammer likes this.
  4. Haxzploid

Haxzploid Ogre

I voted: Require a die roll. (3+ sounds legit)

On a sidenote: anyone tested if a character at full health healed by "misguided heal" will result in card draw? Not trying to hi-jack thread, the combo just came to mind. (according to description on "talented healer" it should not result in card draw)

5. Blindsight

Blindsight Ogre

While I agree with the general card draw problem, Talented Healers doesn't really fall into this (for me) because it is limited by having a character under max health. It does seem out of place in the game though. One of these things are not like the others...

6. dmar314

dmar314 Goblin Champion

Perhaps make it only trigger on other ally and/or only trigger once per turn max (then over three turns it would still give a card advantage of 3 plus trait cycling which would be very strong but not super broken).

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

What if the card draw happens during the beginning of round effects? You'll still get the card, but can't use it until next round.

8. Tasmanian Devil

Tasmanian Devil Mushroom Warrior

I think all of these are pretty good suggestions.

9. dmar314

dmar314 Goblin Champion

I just had another idea... maybe redesign talented healer to give +2 to heals ("Whenever you play a healing card, add 2 to the amount healed"). Then healing spirit/talented healer could share the same relationship as kindler/firestarter and spark inductor/spark generator. Right now the power difference between healing spirit and talented healer is massive - would you rather get a guarenteed additional card or heal for 1 more health? Altriusm could also get a redesign so as to not completely overshadow the new talented healer (given that traits already cycle to give you another card, in my opinion traits should not give additional card advantage). Perhaps "Whenever you play a holy card targeting an ally other than yourself, heal that ally for 1" or something like that. That would put it on a similar power level healing-wise at least to holy presence.

Heretiick and Keyser like this.
  10. Lesh

Lesh Kobold

Maybe change to something like "Whenewer you play a Heal card that target character who has half of his health or lower, draw a card." I think it'll make card even weaker than with 3+ die roll.

11. Blindsight

Blindsight Ogre

That would just mean more dwarves, but you could still do the same thing.

12. Lesh

Lesh Kobold

Yeah, against wizards they still will be almost unkillable, I thought about battles against parties with at least 1 warrior. Well, maybe then is better to get rid of Focused Healer.

13. Lomi

Lomi Kobold

All it needs is the duration reducing to 2 turns. At the moment it basically stops you attacking for 3 whole turns, which is far too many. 2 turns means you can try to last out the healer and then unleash a whole can of whoop-ass

Tasmanian Devil likes this.
  14. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

And because they cycle so much and have 3 in the deck they keep chaining them this is the worst possible solution. That said i think 2+ o 3+ roll is the way to go taking away that certainty of a card easily kills most chains. As i said before chains aren't bad for the game reliable chains are so as long as i can't build to almost guarantee a chain it should be fine and any chance will do that somewhat.

Ryahes likes this.
  15. Forlorn

Forlorn Orc Soldier

Talented healer is definately the best priest talent at the moment. A dice roll of 3+ and reduction of duration to 2 would make the card much more balanced.

16. Ryahes

Ryahes Kobold

I think a dice roll of 3+ would be good with no other changes, but Healing Spirit is really bad right now (Altruism isn't even a healing focused card and it's better for healers and more versatile than Healing Spirit). I think Healing Spirit should get boosted to +2 (maaybe 3) per heal.

Either that, or Healing Spirit should become available on items other than the skill slot so it doesn't compete with the other, far superior traits. Right now, does anyone honestly even care when you see the opponent draw Healing Spirit? It' It actually makes more confident because it means there won't be any Talented Healer or Altruism hiding in their deck.

On a side note I think Altruism isn't that interesting right now either, and I'd like to see some small effect where it adds a +1 heal to allies targeted by your Holy Spells. Then it could synergize with Healing Spirit to create a kind of mini heal build or something interesting.

Essence likes this.
  17. Ryahes

Ryahes Kobold

I'd also like to see some kind of talent for Priests who aren't healing or casting Holy spells on people. Stop persecuting necropriests :)

hint (Your Unholy Melee attacks gain Penetrating) hint XD

Tasmanian Devil and Keyser like this.
  18. xienwolf

xienwolf Goblin Champion

You could solve all cycling for now and future if you make a limit on how many cards a single token can discard (to recycling capable location) in a turn.

Make the limit 9 or so cards. Then if they are drawing insane amounts of cards per turn, they are also making their deck progressively smaller.

Alternatively, if you want to solve only talented healer, I would say rename it and add a drawback.

Karmic Rebalancing:
    Trait: Whenever you play a Heal card that targets a character whose health is not already at maximum, draw a card. Add a Traveling Curse to the healed character's deck.

Empathic Healer:
    Trait: Whenever you play a Heal card that targets a character whose health is not already at maximum, draw a card from that character's deck.

Self Sacrifice:
    Trait: Whenever you play a Heal card that targets a character whose health is not already at maximum, draw a card and lose 1 max HP.

Not sure these are the most fitting of drawbacks, but Karmic Rebalance means you choke out the usefulness of your other two characters. Empathic Healer means you won't be replacing heals with heals. Self Sacrifice places a natural limitation on how many heals you can kick out.

19. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Unless you're playing with 3 priests...

20. xienwolf

xienwolf Goblin Champion

Ugh... playing with OR against 3 priests stacked with heals and talented... I'd report the guy for stalling even if I managed a lucky draw that OHKO'd each in turn.