How to beat Alabaster Dragon efficiently?

Discussion in 'Adventure Discussion and Strategy' started by leypse, Sep 22, 2017.

1. leypse

leypse Kobold

Alabaster Dragon is the boss of Black Plume Mountain 3rd stage (also is loot fairy today), but we failed this mission for many times.

Are there any builds can help to finish it off quickly? Thanks a lot.

winner and Sir Veza like this.
  2. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    winner, ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  3. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

A cheesy but easy method of winning that one is as follows:
    First of all you will need 1 wizard and 1 priest as your characters, with at least one of them being a dwarf.
    1. Back into the left corner of the map and box yourself in with Flash Flood, make sure to place the flash flood not right next to you but rather 1 square away so the dragon cannot hit you with it's 2 range attacks which can hurt a lot.
    2. Keep refreshing the flash flood so that the dragon cannot get to you, if he does you are screwed.
    3. Kill Blackhammer.
    4. Have the following cards in your deck: War Cry, Boiling Armor and Doom.
    5. Play the three cards in that order on the dragon and wait 4 rounds.
    6. Collect the LF loot and be surprised by why you wasted half an hour of your life for a few rares and uncommons.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  4. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I personally run the module with a Dwarf Warrior, Priest and Wizard and my success rate's been 100% so far.

I give the Wizard a bunch of armor removal staves and arcane items to fish out Perfect/Reflecting Blocks and remove armor as well as some Gusts Of War or Winds Of War to push around the Priest and Warrior when needed. The Wizard is preferably never adjacent to Blizzy. Personally I use four Akon's Amulet and two Whiterune Staff.

The Warrior acts like a beatstick and uses high-damage weapons paired with some Parries and as many Cushioning Armors as possible against Blackhammer and Blizzy's melee attacks. Something like triple Stolen Torch can make quick work of Blizzy while also leaving a yellow token for Cushioning Armor.

The Priest carries a ton of Impenetrable Nimbus and some range 2 stabs, Nimbus is used on the warrior and reapplied whenever Blizzard Breath knocks it off. Aside from that the Priest can poke Blizzy from out of melee range to speed up the killing process. I use three Shielding Token and two Nimbus Blade myself.

There can be some RNG in whether Blackhammer approaches you before Blizzy, which is preferable since you'll want to kill Blackhammer before Blizzy, but even in runs where I've not been so lucky things have worked out. Blizzy is mostly dangerous at range 1, and it's not too difficult to stay out of that range if you're conservative with your movement.

Blizzy only has 70 HP and with a constant barrage of Acid from the Wizard dealing with armor and blocks it doesn't take that long for the Warrior and Priest to take it out.

5. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/black-plume-mountain.6048/ has some tips as well.

Here's the illustrated Flash Flood guide from Black Plume Mountain 1 HP Quest Post-Nerf Strategy:
    (Also, moved the thread under more appropriate subforum.)

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Easy, cheesy or not, is always preferable to a fair fight.

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Here's my reliable but not fast build:

Key cards: War Cry, Parry, Boiling Armor, Cushioning Armor, Impenetrable Nimbus (in roughly that order)

In the first round position your chars like this:

blitz-pos.png

And then DON'T MOVE! Do not try to approach them, let them run straight into your handful of Parrys. Also, once Blizzy gets in melee range, he'll stop moving. Which means he'll start discarding blocks and armor in order to save those shiny, golden, Flys.

8. stupid531

stupid531 Lizardman Priest

this is Final Fantasy : Card Hunter .
    we kill the dragon to save the world.
    we skip the loot page after we save the world.
    so long ,
    i will be back.

winner likes this.
  9. leypse

leypse Kobold

winner likes this.
  10. leypse

leypse Kobold

Could you tell me how to skip loot chests?:mad:

winner likes this.