How NOT to use Enlarge

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by jjfoley, Jan 27, 2013.

1. jjfoley

jjfoley Mushroom Warrior

Enlarge adds 1 Burst to your single-target spells, meaning it registers the attack on every adjacent square to your target. I have an Arcane Skill which gives me 3 in my wizard's deck. Awesome! Let's try it out!

First Oops: You don't choose when to play it. It's an orange card that automatically triggers the next time you play a single-target attack spell. Darn. Okay, got it. I remembered that next time and got off several good area range attacks with it.

Second Oops: It attacks every square, ally or friend. Hmmm, guess I shouldn't have zapped the bad guy in melee range... I just hit myself and an ally. That wasn't obvious, but it was obvious, shoulda seen that coming. Okay, I got it. I remembered that next time and ran away from bad guys who closed to melee when I had an Enlarge in my hand.

Third Oops: Two or more Enlarges in your hand will all trigger on the same spell. They don't override each other, they add +1 burst. Meaning that even after maneuvering away from the bad guy I was about to Arcane Zap, I managed to make it a 2 burst spell, hitting the bad guy and all three of my good guys.

Careful with that Enlarge card! It's a doozy!

Jon and Zalminen like this.
  2. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Nice to know it stacks thanks!

3. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

I've been meaning to try it out with card discard spells(memory loss, short perplexing ray)... especially in encounters with large groups. "You can empty your entire hand now, kthxbye".

Scyrax and Zalminen like this.