How many bonus quests/challenge missions have you finished?

Discussion in 'Adventure Discussion and Strategy' started by attog, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Good luck with Black Oaken Heart...

2. attog

attog Mushroom Warrior

Black Oaken Heart was a nightmare with just the low level group. You can cruise through the first missions but on the last one, the Giant Tree starts winging AOE acorns at your group from the get-go, and your group is clustered together at the start. I did beat it with low level but I would say it is impossible with 1HP. You may survive a couple turns with extreme luck and some nimbus and life saving shields but you aren't going to be able to do any damage.

3. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Wouldn't some smoke or a wall of stone or illusion prevent the Giant Tree from targeting near your group? Area attacks must be targeted at a visible square. If you place the cover far enough from the player characters the attack splash won't reach them even when using something else than a stone wall.

4. attog

attog Mushroom Warrior

Good thought Jarmo, I'll give it a try and see.

5. attog

attog Mushroom Warrior

Jarmo I used your idea last night and was able to beat the Dragon module with a 1HP group. I almost had Cardstock 2 beat with the 1HP group, was on the last round, and I did lose but meant to pay the 15g and try again and instead fat fingered the restart Adventure button. At that point it was late so I called it a night, but the smokebomb/wall of stone strategy will definitely work to clear those out.

It looks like the tougher ones will actually be the lower level modules where you dont have enough tokens to access the needed walls of stone and smoke screens.

6. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Great to hear, Attog, gratz on your win!

7. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

Yeah, I've been having success on some of the tougher high level quests with smoke bombs. My strategy:

Smash warrior (as much damage as possible), smoke wizard (as many smoke bombs as possible), and nimbus/draw cleric (a bunch of card draw and nimbuses).

The basic strategy is to make and maintain a smoke fort, and hide out while I draw into a good set of cards. Then I invuln the warrior, and send him out to murder as much as possible (hopefully leaving him with enough movement to get back in the smoke fort, or else expanding the fort to cover him).

The problem, as has been mentioned, are the low level missions where little/no tokens are available.

8. Unlucky Scarecrow

Unlucky Scarecrow Goblin Champion

I've completed... Two quests XD I'm the type of person that won't do something unless I can get maximum value out of it, so I'm holding off on quests until I feel like renewing the Club membershop so I can pull the extra rare at the end. Until then, I'm just leveling a second party in preparation and doing my 3 multiplayer wins in a day.

Perhaps if the quests had a cooldown timer as well, I wouldn't feel like doing them without the club membership is a waste. Especially considering Multiplayer hands out daily rares too for only a couple of battles every day. There are so many quests though that they could get away with a long timer; maybe weekly, or even longer.

hatchhermit and Aldones like this.
  9. progammer

progammer Ogre

To be honest, there are some quest that are too tough and the additional rares for it is not worth it anyway. At the point where you can beat that quest, you should have already have all rares at least (and most epic/legendary). Though for the easy quest like no party death, feel free to wait till you have your club.

Bandreus likes this.
  10. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

The thing is, once you know how to deal with a specific adventure/quest and/or have the gear to do that in little time and with reliable margin of success, SP farming gets trivial and very, very efficient. That's why SP scenarios only hand out golden chests the first time you beat those.

You might think "hell, quests are so hard anyways". But still, they don't want to turn any SP content into farmers' paradise. Even if you only get normal chests from SP adventures, people is farming those anyways simply because that's the most efficient way to grind for items (one you won a bunch of MP matches, anyways).

Most adventures/quests only pose a authentic challenge the first time you complete them. This probably isn't true for the very hardest quests but, once you find the right gear/composition/deck/strategy, a good number of quests can be won with little effort. So: golden chests resetting on SP quests on a fixed-timer basis? Given the very high number of quests available, that would still mean you could farm golden chests in great quantities and with relative ease.

Also, since adventures and quests are fixed scenarios which never change, it's not out of this world to imagine that somebody might very well code bots to specifically grind those in an optimized way. If quests awarded you golden chests every time you play those (even on a timer) the incentive would be far superior.

11. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I think he means... well, I interpret it to mean SOME of the current SP quests could have a longer reset timer and give out gold chests. Say, if the 3 hardest/longest quests reset in a week but always gave out gold chests. I think that would be reasonable.

12. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I made this suggestion elsewhere (just like many others, I guess). I would rather prefer some specifically crafted content to serve that purpose.

Say, a randomly generated series of battles. The fact you don't get to prepare by knowing in advance what you're going to face would make it a fair way to give out good loot.

Also, since BM might want to push the fruition of user-generated content further, they might pick the best custom maps on a routinely basis, and host something like "Custom Maps of the Week", and give out a golden chest after beating those for the first time or something.

spacedust and Pilgrim Bailey like this.
  13. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Yeah, I remember you saying that. I think it's a great idea.

14. Armoek

Armoek Mushroom Warrior

I'm down to only 42 quests left, the majority of them are 1 hitpoint quests which I don't really have the gold to grind them out. However I would like any advice on the following low level quest versions.

Descent into the Core
    The pools of slime
    Temple of Scales
    Garnet Demon portal
    Lord Batfords manor(I have been able to get to the last map but get annilated on it)
    Into the Black Forest
    Black Oaken Heart
    Dungeon of the swamp King

I have the gear to pretty much play any type of deck, I have found that I just generally end up taking too much damage from range and I don't have the tokens available so can't use smoke/walls etc to save myself the damage.

I would also like to know how people are doing the medium level 1 hitpoint quests as the low level ones seem possible with firestorm decks and the high level ones that I have done generally I used a smoke mage,nimbus priest and high damage warrior, so with some perseverance I think the other high level ones can be completed in this way.

15. Minmaxer

Minmaxer Kobold

I did all of those low level quests with 2 Dwarf Clerics and a lvl 4 Dwarf Firestorm Mage. The Clerics would use all their draw spells on the Mage who would almost always have Resistane Hide by the second turn. Just about to start on 1 HP quests.

Armoek likes this.
  16. Armoek

Armoek Mushroom Warrior

Sweet, I was able to get through a lot of them with various different setups now I just have

Lord Batfords manor
    Into the Black Forest
    Black Oaken Heart
    Dungeon of the swamp King

Ill try out your method then all I have is the 1 hitpoint ones :).

17. I have finished 147 quests, and of course the ones that are left seem more challenging. I have successfully done all the no death challenges, as well as all of the handicapped ones. It's some of the ones where you are reduced to levels 1-3 that I have been avoiding. Level 4 or up you can pull the old firestorm/resistant hide trick, but I am seriously procrastinating on coming up with a strategy for those reduced below level 4 quests.

Has anyone completed all the quests? I feel like that should generate its own chest as a reward. It's such a huge achievement, it should get a green chest (that's right, guaranteed Legendary).

18. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Several people have posted about completing all quests, Erucarno and Neoburai for example.

19. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

You can still pull off firestorm with lvl 1-3 because the level reduction only costs your characters a little bit of HP, not tokens (which you haven't got at lvl 4 anyways). I think I also did a couple of those with 3x lvl1 dwarf wizards carrying just trembling staves (for mighty spark) and an arcane item with hot spot.

20. boro

boro Goblin Champion

I've done all but about half of the 1hp and reduced level ones. Without club membership, which now gives me a grand total of 2 (two !) somewhat playable legendaries, hand of melvelous and snitrick's shield. I need more nimbusses now, hoping for more quests soon cause the one's left are too difficult for me right now.