How could Cardhunter be best marketed to Dungeon Masters?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by tolkien, Feb 10, 2018.

?

How could Cardhunter be best marketed to Dungeon Masters?

1. New ease of access to scenario creation

11.1%
  2. Some premade adventures ready to go in the custom game screen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Ability to gather a team and then play as the enemy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Ability to create monsters/ characters

55.6%
  5. Ability to give away your loot

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Ability to accommodate more than 5 players

33.3%
  7. Ability to gain ingame loot and levels by playing custom

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Ability to give away custom crafted items that would only be playable in custom games and worth 0 gp

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

D&D is trending. Cardhunter has fantastic battle mechanics. How best could this game be marketed to those dungeon masters who would be willing to use Cardhunter for their tactical engagement with monsters?

PULSEFIRE, winner and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  2. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

In D&D a team with 7-8 character may happen and of course if you have a 4-5 char team in D&D you can use cardhunter to have all the char in a single team.
    And of course there are even 2 hand weapon so maybe changing equipment has little use.

winner likes this.
  3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

A lot of these require major changes to the game, so maybe this thread should be moved to Suggestions?

1. I'm not sure what kind of "ease of access" you're asking for, but more options in scenario designing is something I keep suggesting. Or do you just mean better interface?

2. Not sure what you're asking here, but it sounds like this is something players can do all by themselves (I'm pretty sure a few have already), and many of the maps posted on the Custom Scenario board can be modified for use with an MP party.

3. And another choice I don't understand. Are you talking about 3v3 co-op? Players controlling monsters? Both at once? All of those are easy to do now.

4. Yes please, I just changed my vote to this.

5.-8. No. As you are at least partially aware, these options are bad for a PvP game. These are things for a spin-off or sequel game. I've actually been thinking about posting a suggestion for a single-player, offline game with a full campaign editor (including editable monsters, cards, items, world map, prompts, and classes) that can export as a single file for easy sharing. But Card Hunter doesn't have room for such things (how would you even show the cards if you had more than 5 players?).

winner likes this.
  4. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

1. I mean ease of access. Give DMs their own button and Island. Area 1: premade dungeons for 3 player+DM. Area 2: create a map. Area 3: create a scenario. Area 4: hosts scenario and invites friends.?

2. I know this has been done on the forums but I'm talking about: clicking a create DM game, then being able to scroll through the options without having to leave the game, load a forum game etc.

3. When you gather a team, you're on the same side. Im talking about somehow being able to gather a team as a dm and then play against them. If you've ever played co-op multiplayer you know what a pain it is to gather one team, let alone two.

4.my vote as well.

5. Notice that I qualified by saying the loot would only be playable in custom, not ladder multiplayer but I like your idea better. I hope Blu Manchu would give us a crack at it before they ever thought of retiring the game.

The way you could play 8 player is if you turned off killpoints, have 5 players on one side, 3 players on the other and then the DM controls two slots with lots of minions. Those on the DMs side of the board could see his cards though, not ideal. Then you just play until all of the DMs two types of minions are killed. He might need a flock of dragons to compete though.

Sir Veza, ParodyKnaveBob and winner like this.