How are shop prices determined?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by kraze ivan, May 30, 2013.

1. kraze ivan

kraze ivan Kobold

Hello,

Just got my beta key (squuueeeee!) and I am loving it do far. I looked around for how the shop prices are determined but I can't find any info on this. I think that as you level the item prices come down for the same items, perhaps as a function of the differences in your level and that of the item. At the beginning some hammer I was after was 10 gold but with an extra level up, the price dropped to 5 gold, which I think is the minimum cost of an item? I ask because I was lucky enough to get a legendary treasure and right now it is worth 200 gold but I am wondering if I level up will the price drop? Does anyone know?

2. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

I don't remember the exact values but the basic idea is that the base price depends on item rarity and the base price is then multiplied if the item level is above your party level.

All selling prices depend on only the item rarity except that treasures are worth more than regular items. Item level doesn't matter when selling.

So you can sell the legendary treasure now or later, the price won't change.

3. kraze ivan

kraze ivan Kobold

Awesome! Thank you.

4. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

As so:

skip_intro and Zalminen like this.
  5. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

That last table still hurts me so. Buy a Legendary - 2500; Sell a Legendary - 100 is just crazy, especially since the buy cost can go up, but your sell price is fixed.