hot and cold will cancel

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Codde, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Codde

Codde Mushroom Warrior

If you're standing on ****** ******* lava, that ice spell will fail/melt away.
    If you're frozen in place, that ember spell will remove those cards.
    and
    for god sake's
    If you're on fire, an ice spell will put you out.

Edit 1: example

Edit 2: petition

Hot Cold Cancel Petition:
    This petition is for hot and cold effects to interact with each other in some way. While we may have suggestions, we do not insist on exactly how it is implimented, just that we would like to see hot and cold spells interact in some way in card hunter, such as lava damage removing ice encumberment, or ice attacks removing burning effects. Again these are just possible examples up to the developers discretion and consideration for the purpose of enhancing strategic play.

Sign below if you want this.

Codde
    Scared Little Girl
    baudot

2. That would lead to abuses. There are also more fire damage cards than cold cards, so there would need to be more player available cold cards to balance it out.

3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Very logical and reasonable, but logic and reason would cause this house of cards to collapse.
    Sorry, I see your point, but I prefer the current madness.

4. I agree. I think that logic should always come first and gameplay mechanics second. You can always change gameplay mechanics to fit logic, but you cannot change logic to fit gameplay mechanics.

5. Codde

Codde Mushroom Warrior

If only other games that have used hot and cold canceling mechanics had known your divine wisdom that those two can never go together, that gameplay and logic DO NOT mix... am I doing it right? Act aside I think that's what makes games fun is when the abstract reflects the reality, how smoke blocks your vision, how the cards have bonuses that reflect the real life idea, even in an abstract sense. I really feel hot and cold canceling would add more strategy, in the way spells like Misguided Heal and Bad Potion have offensive and defensive options.

Give one example?

I see it only adding the option to sacrifice HP to free up movement, or sacrifice movement to make your opponent think twice about using fire. I'll tell you what is broken, losing a match when you're frozen onto lava.

Fire/Cold cancel adds immersion and strategy. Since I can't mod myself, the best thing I can see to do is ask the devs to take my suggestion.

6. Codde

Codde Mushroom Warrior

Hot cards could say "Hot", cold cards could say "Cold"

•remove all "Cold" cards from target before attaching "bla bla hot card"
    •remove all "Hot" cards from target before attaching "bla bla cold card"

lava would say:
    •at the start of the round remove all "Cold" cards and do 8 damage

7. No, you are not.

When I said "I agree", I agreed with you. In my opinion the game should have been designed so that standing on lava and taking fire damage would remove all ice encumber because that makes logical sense. But it's too late now because the change would be a major one, as you would basically have to redo all hot/cold cards. And if the devs are unwilling to decrease the damage of Nimble Strike by 1, I can guarantee that a change of this magnitude will never happen.

8. baudot

baudot Kobold

I like it. It could lead to players attacking their own characters as a cancel, which is interesting gameplay.

9. Codde

Codde Mushroom Warrior

Since cold cards are less common, it makes them more valuable, which is perfect for the logical way in which this would unfold. Fire is damaging and cold is slowing(primarily). I am new and not as jaded as some of you seem to be in regards to design feedback here. Though yes suggestions like this really only seem to happen in a fan mod, that said I have been active in enough game suggestion forums that I know that sharing is caring, and that changes, drastic changes can come about from these humble feedback forums. You should see Star Citizen's.

10. kogi

kogi Ogre

I agree the ice and lava strategy is brutal towards dwarves, but I see this as a wizard nerf.

11. Codde

Codde Mushroom Warrior

But you need a wizard on your party to make use of it, even if it does work out to be or seems a nerf.