Hidden gems

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by piotras, Oct 24, 2013.

1. kogi

kogi Ogre

yeah, I like them because
    1. zero power token
    2. 3 move cards
    3. Wild run can be a huge surprise
    Anything else that comes close for zero tokens are epic/legendary like Mouse Boots or Garalem's Boots

2. Armoek

Armoek Mushroom Warrior

Do they really count as hidden gems though, they are pretty much my go to boots if I don't need team run or flanking move. I would say that many people consider them great boots.

3. VNSAramaki

VNSAramaki Mushroom Warrior

Well, this is not exactly relevant to the topic, but anyone know an item with Perfect Block on it ?

4. hwango

hwango Hydra

I believe at the moment only the Multiplayer AI "Mom" has this card.

5. Questor

Questor Ogre

Flaxative likes this.
  6. Snowcrash000

Snowcrash000 Mushroom Warrior

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

My favorite is Crusty Helm. Reliable Mail is the same effective armor as Shimmering, but it functions against everything. Hardy Mail is also a perfectly fine card. Obvious Maneuver: for the price of giving your opponent 1/3 of an Elvish Insight for 1 turn, you reduce your deck size by 1. Hook me up!

8. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Flaxative likes this.
  9. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

If I try to think of a tokenless/cheap item that's always being used but I don't think about it much, it's probably Corian's Boots, Blister Stone, or Gaudekki's Orb. Only one of those is a common though.
    Higher level, I realize I've become rather dependant on my priest dual-wielding either St. Xarol's Axes or St. Forgue's Swords. the swords are nice for a vampire build, but I haven't really seen it get much mention in the vampire priest thread. I can't count how many times the Unholy Power on them have saved my butt. The axes become practical for equipping right around the time you get to the cockroaches, when you're wanting 5 damage chops. I'm also pretty fond of Fireblinker Initiate. Everything else I use has already been mentioned or gotten plenty of discussion lately already.

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I feel like epics aren't really hidden, but yeah the Orb is sick :)

St. Forgue's Sword isn't amazing on a vampire because—
    a) 2 tokens
    b) no traits
    c) only 2 drains
    d) the other attacks (reaching swing, lunging strike) are pretty bad
    e) mind worm is neat but doesn't really belong on a vampire

Unholy Power is sweet indeed but not quite enough to justify the tokens, I think.
    Then again, maybe I'm overly devoted to my vampire's focus: he's got an effective deck size of 29, 18 cards of which are drains.

11. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

I figure that's why I put it in this thread. It works better than you'd have expected. Hidden gem, yo.
    Keep in mind that this is from me using it in SP and not MP, as well.

12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Oh yeah it seems a lot better in SP :)

13. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

When I'm looking for a tokenless helmet, I usually end up with a . It's not the flashiest, but it's the only tokenless hat with a team move and once I remind myself that Thick Hide Armor is actually quite good, I usually end up using it.

14. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

Bah, that came out like garbage. A Shifty Skin Hat is what I'm talking about, sorry.

15. TheSench

TheSench Kobold

I think you meant to use the item tag (green orb), not the card tag. Also, it looks like bold font messes with the item/card tags if you don't bold-face the tags themselves (and bold doesn't even show up with linked items/cards anyway).

16. Shardey

Shardey Kobold

Electroporter Novice

No token, only traits that help, no disadvantages. I'm using this one quite a bit whenever I'm not absolutely needing to burn stuff. Which is almost all the time now.

Sir Veza, Flaxative and Pengw1n like this.
  17. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

This is generally my go-to wiz skill as well. Very nice!

18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Agreed on Electroporter Novice. My PvP wiz has 11 traits in his deck and this thing helps so much.

19. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

That's probably what happened. It's annoying, since when you copy/paste the names from the wiki they show up bold and in a different size font.