Help with a MP party I am testing

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by GYIYGABITE, Jul 16, 2015.

1. GYIYGABITE

GYIYGABITE Kobold

Heyoo, Card Hunters!

I am currently testing out a deck to see if it helps me climb the league ranks. The idea, here is that my warrior will be the heavy hitter, while, my priest plays both support and deal damage, and finally, the wizard is for disrupting. There's always room for improvement, but, any changes recommended, I appreciate it.

Have fun!

Astyanax
    Level 4 Human Warrior

Derrasia
    Level 9 Elf Priest

Sleifer
    Level 18 Elf Wizard

2. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Sounds like they each have a good role, decent startig mp deck ;) But synergy, besides just healing your warrior can be good.

E.g, I noticed your priest has two genetic engineering. Although they are random boosts, perhaps you could find a general way to take advantage of that. This may take time to test. I feel boosts generally favor warriors.

WHat is your warrior focused on doing? E.g stabs, chops, bash. You had one novice impaling I'm guessing its stabs? Try to focus his trait with most of his attacks to maximise dmg., With those three shimmering aura and auto blocks, he is good against most wizards. But what about enemy warriors?

Wiz Probably don't need three melt armors. Trig melter is a good staff but for I feel there a better tokenless staves out there. You have furnace staff, have you tried it with the arcane skill fire starter?
    So instead of trog melter Perhaps you could add another burning staff and try a hybrid control/fire wiz.

http://wiki.cardhuntria.com/wiki/Items/Staff_of_Blazes

Is a good rare staff if you can get one.

Otherwise if you find mp difficult, stick with sp campaign/ daily item shopping and get more sweet items. Or do the nudie run! http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/challenge-the-nudie-run.5385/

But In general, focused synergies work best at winning mp games ;)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  3. doog37

doog37 Hydra

For your warrior... I don't see enough punch for a "big-hitter"

I think you may want to consider the classic Double Edged Sword over the Sword of the winds. I know the backbiting strike is lame, but having the third big stab and still having the 2 dancing cuts can be big. also don't know about Marblehilt, the 2 sundering are awesome, but you have 4 other trash cards that you will never be happy to draw. If you get a Blackeye Hammer I would sub that in for the Marblehilt. The Blind rage can be dangerous, but extra damage and extra traits are both good and Punishing Strike can be a nasty little attack especially early round before someone plays a card and hat 3+ cards in hand.

I like the mobility Dynamic armor adds but paying 1Y for an armor is steep, but not a must change. Shimmering Hood is awesome but it only intensifies me questioning the Vibrant Plate since 3 Shimmerings is a lot. Not sure what you have but if you are going to use a token on armor make sure you are getting cards you really want.

I don't think Hexoco's are worth a token... find your best tokenless boots put them on your warrior and spend more on weapons. If you are committed to the additional Quickness aura, consider Turquiose Boots they are a common and a much better value for the token Healing Dash is never bad and Sparkling Cloth Armor is sweet moving on opponents turn is can turn a battle.

If you want a stabby warrior consider 2 double edged swords (if you don't have any check the high level common shop daily until you have 2) if you want to have the marblehilt for the sundering go for it, but armor is not make or break very often especially with Impaling Stab having penetration. If you only have 1 token (or less) to spend here are some of the top possibilities, but they are all rare or higher Beater (L), Strongarm (L), Maquah of the Ancient Blood (E), Blackeye Hammer (R), Blazing Shortsword (E).

BUT if I could only advise on 1 thing Novice Gouging is trash. There is NO REASON to have a Martial Skill with only 1 Trait get a Novice Impaling like everyone else.

I will let others advise you otherwise. But remember to try to get synergy and not to over-emphasize anti-armor (armor destruction and penetration).

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  4. GYIYGABITE

GYIYGABITE Kobold

Ok. Thanks for the feed back. So I modified it, and here how it turned out.

Astyanax
    Level 4 Human Warrior

Sleifer
    Level 18 Elf Wizard

Derrasia
    Level 9 Elf Priest

5. doog37

doog37 Hydra

For a yellow token I would rather have the auto-blocks.
    The vanilla Block is a 50-50 roll and while I like shield block a lot (universal & potential to draw a card) the potential keep of the auto block can be sweet especially as people a lot of burst and linear attacks and 1 of the penalties for erratic damage is non-targeting it can be sweet.