[HELP] I can't figure out why closing and reopening the game causes party to lose levels!

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by sundown865, Jul 28, 2017.

1. sundown865

sundown865 Kobold

I just played this for the first time and its a pretty cool game.

I played up to level 6 on all characters, and saved in the keep and then exited.

I reopened the game later, and all my characters were back to level 4, although I still had all my equipment!

I played more and got them back up to lvl 6 before bed.

When I reloaded this morning, same thing!!

I really want to play more of this, but it's driving me crazy. is this a bug? or am I not saving right? Reloading the save changes nothing.

2. Vlamona

Vlamona Thaumaturge

On each scenario there is a maximum level your party can have. If you play with a party that has a higher level, the parties level will drop accordingly. But not permanently, one for that scenario. Perhaps that is what is causing your problem?

Saving the game is only for what equipment your party currently has. You should not have to save the game to keep your levels.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. sundown865

sundown865 Kobold

So it is actually after battles are done. Like I'm not in a dungeon, just at the keep. I'll have them up to level 7. quit. and then opening it back up i'm immediately told I have to unequip the power token equipment. before doing anything else.

I'm playing the single player on steam, but i tried it just to see on kongregate and it did the same thing...

I feel like I'm missing something...

Your party doesn't get de-leveled to your renown value does it?

4. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

To add to what Vlamona said: if your character's level is displayed in dark red, then it has been temporarily lowered for that adventure (playing level 2 adventures with level 18 characters would just be to easy). To see what you actual current character levels are just go to you Keep.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

If this is happening in the Keep, its a bug.

6. sundown865

sundown865 Kobold

ok I'll check the dark red thing when I get home. I guess it would go back up when I left?

if it is a bug, would the solution be to exit somewhere other than when I'm at the keep?

7. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Your renown should be at least as high as the highest adventure level you've beaten (and no in theory it shouldn't affect character level).

If it's an actual bug where your character levels in the keep are dropping back to level 2, then your best bet would be to email support: support@cardhunter.com.

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.