Health vs Movement ?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by DarkDain, Jan 7, 2013.

1. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

So the health difference between a Dwarf and an Elf is pretty big, but it seems you only gain one health per level, regardless of class and race? So by level 30 that health gap will of been closed quite a bit while movement remains a constant, all equipment aside it would seem Dwarves are early game strong, late game weaker?
    Dwarf Fighter 2 speed, 16 hp
    Elf Fighter 4 speed, 11 hp.
    By lvl 30
    Dwarf Fighter 2 speed, 46hp
    Elf Fighter 4 speed, 41hp
    Again i know that Dwarves can wear equipment to run faster just as much as elves can wear equipment to be more durable, just wondering if thats an accurate assumption or if the hp scales differently.

2. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

If you are positioned correctly, with an elf you can be sure you can make a 4 movement away from a mob should you begin to lose. This also enables wide turns around the opponent should to want to flank with an ally. Dwarves wont have such luxury.

3. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

Are you accusing me of having an Elf in my party? Dwarves have the luxury of being Dwarves !

4. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

Elves > Dwarves

5. Cerebral Paladin

Cerebral Paladin Mushroom Warrior

Remember that there's a racial skill slot, too. Elves will be getting skills like Nimble and Evasive, which will add more Dashes or other awesome move/dodge cards. Dwarves have the option of getting skills like Dwarven Endurance (not quite the real name) which make them tougher.

6. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

Right i was getting at this, i hope that the racials make up for these base differences because levels alone close the health gap while speed remains the same, i thought Dwarves would gain HP faster =/

7. A Bear

A Bear Goblin Champion

While the default movement card is important (you see it every round) items play an almost equal role in determining a PCs mobility. A dwarf can add in running shoes if they wanted.

Also, most boards are small enough (and littered with obstacles and enemies zones of engagements) that I've found it hard to use an elf's full mobility all the time.

Thus, humans appear the superior bunch, yes? ;)

Zoorland likes this.
  8. A Bear

A Bear Goblin Champion

Looking at the multiplayer packs, it appears that there's more of a difference in HP at higher levels now? The dwarves had 30+ HP, the humans in the 20's, while the elves had below 20.

9. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

Yeah the Elf Wizards seem to only gain 1hp every 2 levels, starting with 8 and having 17 at lvl 18. While a human warrior at lvl 18 has 29 health when they start with 14 so they lose a couple HP somewhere. But i havnt looked at lvl 1 elf warrior VS human warrior so i dont know if the hp growth is purely racial or partially due to class, but i do know the Dwarves have gained 1hp per level for all classes thus far. Humans are looking in good shape though if they are only a couple HP behind.