Guilds, Kongregate, and You

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Magic Elves, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I have no idea how guilds will work with Kongregate, could anyone explain it for me?

2. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Yes, can do!

Kongregate has a guild system, and [META] has a guild system, so I mushed the two together.

Kongregate guilds get a guild-specific chat room in the Kongregate chat tab.
    Kongregate guilds also get private chat forums, listed toward the bottom of the page below the game itself.
    As much as possible, a [META] build is also a Kongregate build.

If anyone who has ever logged in to Card Hunter via Kongregate joins or founds a guild, they'll also join the mirroring Kongregate guild (which will be created automatically if necessary). Similarly, departures, coups, expulsions etc should all affect the Kong guild. Often however these changes are only visible after either checking [META] to see the guild admin action in the history, or waiting 15 minutes, and then refreshing the Kongregate game tab.

The one extra wrinkle in this is if you are part of a guild that you joined before logging in to Card Hunter via Kongregate. To link up to your Kongregate guild you just need to play a custom scenario - any custom scenario - and name it:
    [META] Ant Dance

Then like usual just wait a minute or so, hit up any page on [META] that shows live data (eg a leaderboard or stats page), and refresh your Kongregate page. TADA! You should see a Kong guild chat tab and private forum.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
    Stexe, Magic Elves and FDrybob like this.
  3. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

So, if the guild is already in place, do we need to make a Kong guild to link to it? I ran the scenario, and it did nothing.