[Guild] Walking Carpets

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Scarponi, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

A long time ago...
    Well not that long ago, maybe a year at most.
    *Ahem!*... A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
    Galaxy? Not a galaxy, more a world, or a land. Yeah that's it, a land called Cardhuntria.
    Okay, okay. Not so long ago in the land of Cardhuntria...
    Better!
    ...there were many card hunters who adventured through the realm seeking...
    What kind of card hunters? Were there elves?!
    Yes, there were elves.
    What about dwarves?
    Dwarves too, though some were opposed to them, though in reality most were merely harboring envy of their extravagant beards. ... So there were elves, dwarves and even humans ridding the realm of goblins, orcs and other creatures of filth while searching for rewards.
    What kind of rewards?
    Loot mostly, though also gold and sometimes pizza.
    I LIKE PIZZA!
    Yes, as did they. So they would all go off and work diligently at their task collecting rewards and fighting evil. Yet each one did this alone and sometimes it was lonely.
    They didn't have any friends?
    Not yet! But one day the famous sage Farbs realized the adventurers of Cardhuntria needed to fight together. And so, guilds were formed.
    Yay Farbs!
    These guilds provided strength and knowledge, making those who joined even stronger fighters. These guilds were able to give fighters detailed information about their fights, and the better guilds were able to share pizza together from their spoils as they reminisced about their victories.
    So some guilds were better than others?!
    Yes! And do you know what the best guild of all was?
    THE WALKING CARPETS!!!!
    That's right, the Walking Carpets.
    When I grow up I want to be in the Walking Carpets!
    Well then you'll have to train hard!
    I can do it! I can do it!
    I bet you can.
    And then I'd get pizza?!
    Yep, each month when they win, they give pizza to as many of their members as they can who gave a positive contribution to the guild that month, starting with the highest down to the least.
    I can't wait! I'm going to be the best Walking Carpet ever!
    I have no doubt. But right now you're going to go to sleep.
    Okay. Nighty-night!
    Good-night. Sweet card hunting dreams.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

How those who play against us feel:

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/6279987

And to them, some sage advice:

*Disclamer: We at Walking Carpets are a guild of upstanding players, we do not condone poor sportsmanship or the pulling of arms out of sockets. However we do make an exception if one's opponent is a droid, "o-tron" or other form of artificial intelligence.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
    BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

False advertising. Do your new recruits know that you'll dump them to rejoin the knaves just before the end of the month?

4. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

:p

The 2nd to last place Knaves? We're on friendly terms, but I don't see my return there anytime soon, not now that Han Solo is our spokesperson.

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

6. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Nice, Walking Carpets just became the first guild ever to cross the 1700 point threshold in a month long season. I wonder if that's what Robauke was predicting when he said:
    :cool:

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  7. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Now 100% more carpety in honor of our 3rd place finish.
    Peon_face_WC3.jpg

8. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

I take it LuckGoblin didnt fancy the change in management over at the knaves. He seemed content as long he was helming an inactive bunch. A mysterious figure, him siding with the carpets comes awfully fast... was he your agent all along?

9. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

He approached me at one point about joining, I was open to the idea and encouraged him. Today was the day we made it happen. As a previous Knave myself I consider his move simply reuniting with long lost family. ;)

Jarmo and Flaxative like this.
  10. Youbo

Youbo Orc Soldier

Hello, Walking Carpets.
    As celestiarch end, so does my time with the sorcererers. Congratulations on your victory,by the way.
    I am looking for a new home filled with pizza and this place seems to be the most reliable, especially with Power of Fires not taking new members.
    Here is my meta profile: http://cardhuntermeta.farbs.org/playerprofile.php?name=Youbo

I only ask for my fair share of pizza each month(and is perfectly willing to have it deducted next month if my contribution happen to be negative,which I am 99.9% sure it won't happen).

11. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

I go off to do my own thing and you guys decide to get 1st place? I see how it is. Congratulations on the win.

Scarponi likes this.
  12. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Thanks, things just fell right. I have no doubt we would have won by yet a larger margin if you had been with us!

13. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Look for me in game and we'll talk. I apologize in advance, real life is getting real busy right now so I won't be on much.

Youbo likes this.
  14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Congrats on your victory, Carpets.

Scarponi likes this.
  15. Youbo

Youbo Orc Soldier

No problems.
    Can I know what time you are usually online and your timezone?

16. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Well now that we have extra fun data, as principal of the Walking Carpets I decided I should dish out some monthly achievement awards. Here are the achievements for Maysoleum.

~~~~~~~~Scoring Champ~~~~~~~~
    You scored the most points for the guild this month.
    Scoring Champ.png

~~~~~~~~On Target~~~~~~~~

You had the highest win percentage of the month (min. 25 games played)
    On Target.png
    ~~~~~~~~Blitzen~~~~~~~~
    You had the highest net blitz percentage [%won by blitz - %lost by blitz] (min. 25 games played)
    Blitzen.png

~~~~~~~~Addict~~~~~~~~
    You played more than you should, but we don't mind!
    Addict.png

~~~~~~~~Most Useless~~~~~~~~
    You did something, we're just not sure what.
    Useless.png

Congratulations to this month's achievement winners, if you would like a miniaturized version of your achievement for your forum signature let me know. Good luck everyone in Modune! See you at the end of the month with Modune's achievement winners!

17. Finial

Finial Orc Soldier

LMFAO I love these!

Scarponi likes this.
  18. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

If anyone wants a WC forum signature I whipped this up, it currently links to this thread. I'd put it in mine, but I don't want to spam the FAQ with a forum sig (which is why I don't have one anymore). Maybe someday I'll do it anyway :D.

[​IMG]

19. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

oh its a wookee reference? never got that.

20. Youbo

Youbo Orc Soldier

Hello, guild-mates.
    I am now on summer vacations and completed the driver's license exams so I have all the free time I want.
    And yet... I don't feel like playing card hunter.
    Remember the status about me being unable to play because of schoolwork? To be entirely honest, I am starting to believe it was just me looking for an excuse.
    While school did take a lot of my time, I am naturally talented and barely needed to study so I still had a decent amount of free time.
    Battling over and over to stay on the top was starting to feel more like a chore than a game. It reminds me of when I was playing on pokemon showdown.
    Now, I've moved on to other games and thus, I decided to take an indefinite break from card hunter. I will probably be back someday, but don't expect it to happens anytime soon.
    Sorry for leaving so soon while having barely contributed to the guild and I thank you all for welcoming me.
    If anyone is looking for me, please tell them. Also, I will be checking the forums from time to time for news so you can contact me if you really need me for some reason.
    Thanks again and goodbye.

Robauke likes this.