[Guild] The Cult of Ironwood

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by gulo gulo, Apr 5, 2015.

1. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Another busy couple of days, as y0uthpast0r and @Souleye have entered into the folds of Ironwood.

As Ironwood keeps growing, we look to each of you to join us in our quest to bring pizza to all Cardhuntrians. Contact j. lawrence, the virtuous, t. swift, the destroyer, and j. chastain, the tempest, The Trio of Temptation, The Triple Threat of Terror, The Three Magi of Gulo Gulo, and enter the Ironwood today!

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

Magic Elves and FrigusMacto like this.
  2. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Only a few more people until Forest Wizards is fully working with you guys! In the meantime, I'd like to draw all of your attentions to the Centurion Challenge, which is an interesting minigame coded by @Farbs as a challenge for the pro quick draw players. Beating fifty AI controlled team members in QD is definitely difficult, but the reward is pretty great. Getting 100 points anchors your name to the leaderboard forever, so if you want to make a mark on the meta site other than our upcoming first place month victory, go for it!

gulo gulo and Farbs like this.
  3. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

It is nice to see all of the other members of the guild having a good time with the game. I only hope my repeated failures attempting to be a competitive player do not hamper or detract from all of your hard work.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

4. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Ugh, I just realized the guild would be 1 point out of 5th if I had contributed nothing to the season so far. My sincerest apologies, Ironwood. You deserve better from your guild leader. I will take steps to rectify this, most likely bowing out from the rest of Citajul, or playing on a much more restricted basis.

I am sure you will all shine through the darkness I am casting over Cardhuntria.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

5. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

You can point at any moment at a member and say "if we didn't have that guy, we would bla bla". Contribution and the relative guild scores are too dynamic to think that way. Whatever was lost is lost, but any point you make from now on foward ups your guilds score.
    That said, i don't see why a guild principal should have to carry the guilds score as well, we arent the soldiers, we recruit them and hold things together.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
    FrigusMacto, Flaxative and Pawndawan like this.
  6. FrigusMacto

FrigusMacto Orc Soldier

You have nothing to worry about gulo. You've done a tremendous job putting this guild together. We all have good months and bad months.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

Sir Veza and Magic Elves like this.
  7. Magus

Magus Orc Soldier

I have the distinct feeling my name is somewhat relevant here, so have a genericish greetings.

Greetings, mortals.

FrigusMacto and gulo gulo like this.
  8. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

@eccelius brings the total of Ironwood up to 21, and he brings a title with him. How nifty of him.

Ironwood, we are #1 in total games and total wins so far in Citajul. Keep fighting strong, and I am sure we will be eating pizza by the end of the month.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

(also, this @Magus person seems sort of nifty as well.)

9. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

So....I'm very, very close to banning the guild from playing the next-to-last day of each season.

I'm not serious, of course, but every month, we climb high the day previous, only to lose it all back on the next to last day of each month. It's strange how cyclical it is. If anyone in the guild has any ideas why this seems to happen at the same time every month, let me know. This is something we need to rectify and clean up for Gusterius (or whatever August will be called).

That being said, we are still #1 in total wins and in games played. The margin between us and first is smaller than it appears. If we can fix this problem, and do a couple of other small things, I have no doubt we will be at the top of the leader board very soon.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  10. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Thats what i expect of our rivals, the cult of Ironwood, always close on our heels.

[​IMG]

Pawndawan likes this.
  11. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Hilarious.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  12. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Ironwood, here are your Citajul stats. Maybe some of you can go through them and find some interesting points; if you do, post here and the guild can discuss. One note, if there is not a number on a graph bar, consider it a 1. I did this to increase readability.

Other thoughts:
    • requiring guild members to have a forum account so we can contact each other when needed.
    • Having a group of stock, stable builds to use while looking at new monthly maps.
    • Teaming up successful and struggling members to work on builds and practice.
    Let me know what you think, Ironwood.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

Attached Files:

FrigusMacto likes this.
  13. Compadre2

Compadre2 Kobold

You have my staff! ... that came out wrong, but i'd like to join your guild

14. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I feel like our goal this month should be to have the most total wins, yet end up with the lowest score. Because that is what is happening right now. How strange.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

15. FrigusMacto

FrigusMacto Orc Soldier

It's early yet. We've got them all right where we want them. (ultimatetoken)(greattoken)

gulo gulo likes this.
  16. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Very funny. We don't run cookie-cutter builds, allow for way too much experimentation and innovation, and don't attempt to or actually poach members from other guilds.
    So really....we have no shot. 7th is probably our pinnacle.
    Thanks for playing everyone.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

17. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

We are certainly getting caught up in the Cybergusts this month: 7th to 30-something-ish (whatever last was at that point) to 7th to 32nd. All in the span of less than a week.

Perhaps this is a sign that we should be running more Whirlwinds, I don't know. At this point, I'm sure it won't be any worse than all the blitzes I take against 2 step warrior / 1 human priest builds currently.
    Have fun out there. Maybe we could be decent one day.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

18. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

So, @LieutenantCommanderData finally convinced me that my attempts into human wizarding were futile. I suppose I just needed to convince myself of this.

So....I'll probably not be playing the rest of August, for the very least. I'm sure I'll still be around to handle any administrative guild matters and such, but trying close to ten different builds already this month, and having success with none....it's just not fun. And what's Rule #1 of the Ironwood? Have fun; it's a game. Your guild leader needs to follow the rules as well.

I have no doubt the rest of you will shine brightly in August; who knows, without me falling deeper into negative contribution, you guys might get somewhere this month! ;)

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

19. I was just kidding. :( Please come back.

20. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

It may have been in jest, but what you said was actually the reality of the situation: over a supermajority of my matches are simply unwinnable.

I'm sure someone can win with human wizards, but it's certainly not me. And when most matches give me the feeling of, 'how can I get this over with as quick as possible?', well, that's just not fun anymore.

Like I said, I'll still be around. Just likely no more matches for me for the foreseeable future.