[Guild] The Cult of Ironwood

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by gulo gulo, Apr 5, 2015.

1. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

The Cult of Ironwood now numbers five, as @Tormentra has joined in the fraternal bonds of our guild. We are happy to have such an esteemed and powerful combatant within our ranks.

As always, if you are interested in bringing peace, tranquility, and pizza for all back to Cardhuntria, contact j. lawrence, t. swift, and j. chastain, The Trio of Temptation, The Triple Threat of Terror, The Three Magi of Gulo Gulo, at your first opportunity.

The threat must end now.
    The bloodshed must be quelled.
    Cardhuntria must be free once again.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA

Sir Veza and FrigusMacto like this.
  2. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

And The Cult of Ironwood grows stronger, as we have welcomed @Sniffy The Rat into our bonds of guild-hood. Sniffy is particularly looking forward to stopping lunging dwarfs cold in their tracks, and making sure every child in Cardhuntria eats as much pizza as they want, each and every night.

Will you, brave and virtuous adventurer, be the next one to take up the call and bring peace, prosperity, and peppers and pineapple to Cardhuntria? If so, let us know, posthaste.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

FrigusMacto likes this.
  3. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Lucky guild member #7 has come our way, as @VIadmir, an up and coming Cardhuntrian, has joined our ranks. I fear to see the results of the alchemy and tinkering between him and @Deepweed . It could be a frightful time for the lunging and maneuvering vermin of Cardhuntria.

As always, let us know if you would like to bring pizza back to each and every Cardhuntrian.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

FrigusMacto likes this.
  4. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

And now the Cult numbers eight, as @Juxtapostion has entered into the bonds of Ironwood.

In other news, Anjin of Oeld has generously agreed to sponsor an Auxiliary Expeditionary Eleven Ranger Corps for the Ironwood, as a way to provide a more martial defense for our Ironwood mages, as may be needed at times. @Juxtapostion's eleven warriors have been tasked to lead this force.

They are also a strong representation of how even the most bejeweled of elves may work together with other Cardhuntrians to ensure prosperity, tranquility, and three-cheese blend pizza for all, instead of merely laying waste to all. Instead of creating a land devoid of joy, and where the rivers run red with blood instead of tomato sauce, these fine elven warriors fight for truth, justice, and the Cardhuntrian way....which we all know is extra cheese and a butter cheese flavored crust. Welcome @Juxtapostion!

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

How the rhetoric wavers, how the mighty principles become obscured by the empty proclamations of politicians.

Warriors, Ironwood? Warriors?

6. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Our tenants have never disallowed warriors, sage sorcerererererer.

In fact, we see this as a great opportunity to build a bridge of collaboration over the [enter name of Cardhuntian Sea here], so even the proud monkey warriors and elder tree deities may taste the sweet ambrosia of garlic and mozzarella.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

Plus....we gotta eat. One of these days.

FrigusMacto likes this.
  7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Tenants? Tenets? >_>

FrigusMacto and gulo gulo like this.
  8. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

....I won't edit it, for your post's sake, but this looks like a classic example of the other scourge of Cardhuntria, the fearsome auto-correct.

FrigusMacto and Flaxative like this.
  9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

We can be united on that issue.

Sir Veza, FrigusMacto and gulo gulo like this.
  10. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

The ninth member of our guild has been found, as RedPower has joined the Cult of Ironwood, just in time for the chill of ABRRRRRRIL to wash away, and a new month to arise, bringing with it the opportunity of pepperoni for all.

Welcome RedPower!

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

FrigusMacto likes this.
  11. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

When did we get 10 ants? Should I call the exterminator?

Jarmo, FrigusMacto and gulo gulo like this.
  12. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

EDIT: The Auxiliary Expeditionary Eleven Ranger Corps for the Ironwood has been disbanded after it's leader has left the guild for another. We wish him well, but also look forward to to earning many guild points by defeating him in battle.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

14. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

And we are back to nine, as Pastor has joined the group, which is a boon for The Cult of Ironwood, indeed.

It's also a coincidence, as we are currently ranked 9th in the guild standings; we were 8th, but were knocked down a spot by....Pastor. I thought I should rectify that situation post-haste.

In any case, we are looking to recruit even more members, so if you are interested, let me know.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

FrigusMacto likes this.
  15. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Double digits for the COI, as nevus has entered into our bonds of fraternity, tranquility, and pepperoni (plus double cheese).

Who will be #11? Will it be you?

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

FrigusMacto likes this.
  16. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

We welcome 40c_rudy to The Cult of Ironwood, and are excited to see how he can help us in our Maysoleum excavations and explorations.

Come and join us, and bring pizza to all in Cardhuntria!

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

FrigusMacto likes this.
  17. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

[Ʀϣ]

18. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

So, here goes nothing.

Here are the initial guild stats for the Cult of Ironwood for Maysoleum.

Notes
    1. This are just a beginning, I'm sure we can modify them as we see fit.
    2. I was thinking about individual stats, but I don't have time for that right now. If you want them, download the file and go at it yourself.
    Observations
    1. Like I thought, blitz losses are killing us. If we cut our blitz losses in half, it's easily another 400-600 guild points, perhaps even more. Really try to make sure you're taking at least two points in a match. While that's not always in your control, try to make it a priority in Modune.
    2. Relating to guilds, the blitz ideal is even more of a concern, but trying to take two points in all matches should help here as well.
    3. If someone is taking an extreme amount of blitz losses, they will likely have to answer to me as to why, and what they plan to do to correct it.
    4. Nothing seems too out of the ordinary when it comes guild win/loss records, except that The Guild of Shadows had an exceptional win/loss record against us. That being said, 40% of the losses were to one member, and not many were blitzes.
    5. @Robauke's got a good guild. Don't take it easy against them anymore, if you have been.

That's all I have for now. Let me know if you have any questions.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    FrigusMacto, Pawndawan and Flaxative like this.
  19. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

As Maysoleum has come to an end, and the battles of Modune have set upon us, I must take a minute and congratulate my guild on their hard work. The Cult of Ironwood still has hard work to do, but promise can be seen.

To assist with this, there is a recent development to report. In a fortuitous boon, the gods of Cardhuntria have smiled upon me (I assume it is because of the anniversary of my birth today), and I was able to unearth a veritable treasure trove of fine, vintage, Cardhuntrian pizza during my excavation work in the vicinity of the Tomb of the Magus. I felt it best, keeping in accord with the spirit of The Cult of Ironwood, and delineate it throughout Cardhuntria. Therefore, I have decided to provide the following gifts to the fine fighters of Cardhuntria:

Cult of Ironwood-Related Delineation
    To the active members of The Cult of Ironwood: @FrigusMacto, RedPower, 40c_rudy, nevus, Sniffy The Rat, @TreePipit, @Tormentra, and VIadmir, I provide to you 300 slices of pizza each. Perhaps it can be used for a month of club membership, to help fill your keeps with staves, swords, items both arcane and divine. However, feel free to use it as you would like.

To @Deepweed, our lost but not forgotten brother in Ironwood, I provide to you 150 slices of pizza, as perhaps an incentive to return to us and fight for all of Cardhuntria again.

Other Guild-Related Delineation
    To the principles of the following guilds, I provide 50 slices of pizza each, as a small token of fraternity amongst guilds, and a token to represent a spirit of collaboration amongst the less-fortunate and prosperous guilds of Cardhuntria:

Forest Wizards (@Magic Elves)
    Tarresque (Reaper0)
    Shadow of Nazmorghul (@Hutto)
    Nordheim Squatfolk Union (@Angarrr)

Principles are free to distribute this pizza as they wish, of course. The Cult of Ironwood only hopes these principles will let all in their guild enjoy these fine slices of pizza.

To @Juxtapostion and @Pastor, I provide 1 slice of pizza each, with the message: The Ironwood remembers.

Random Delineation
    To the master of all teachers in Cardhuntria, I provide 100 slices of pizza to @Magic Elves.

To @Sir Veza, the voice of reason in our Cardhuntrian taverns and social halls....err, forums, and the one who often provides (at least for me) more mirth in these arenas, I give you 100 slices of pizza. You may not engage in battle with the other fighters of Cardhuntria often or at all, but know that a place within The Cult of Ironwood is forever reserved for you.

To @Robauke, 77 slices for luck.
    To @A Giant Moose, 25 slices for having the best name in Cardhuntria.

The following 13 random people are given 20 slices each:
    @LieutenantCommanderData
    @timeracers
    @GriffTheThief
    @karadoc
    @Tragus
    @peonprop
    @Heretiick
    @RedNebula
    @Petyr Baelish
    @LeisureSuitLoli
    @Dark Jelly
    @ridgewater
    @Tintaron

Lastly, a humble offering of 1 slice of pizza each to some of the deities of Cardhuntria: @Jon, @Farbs, and @Flaxative. It is my hopes that their benevolence may shine down upon The Cult of Ironwood, and all of Cardhuntria.

Hopefully, this unexpected treasure can bring prosperity and parmesan to all in the coming months, which I am sure will be full of exciting battles and rousing tales of valor and fortuitous rolls.

IRONWOOD VIVAM.
    IRONWOOD PRO VITA.
    IRONWOOD EST VITA.

20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

The Sorcererers have ever smiled upon the magi. That @CT5, the best and most principled guild principal in Cardhuntria, did not receive his fair share of this bounty will be remembered.