[GUILD] Sorcererers

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Flaxative, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Looky here.

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

3. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Slooooooowwww.

4. brinkmanship

brinkmanship Mushroom Warrior

Ok, I guess I am just thick but -- how do you get the raw data to pass into this tool?

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

There are detailed instructions packaged with the tool, try following those. :)

6. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

And dont forget to kick the coccyx of the evil fire worshippers on MM3 :), we must show then whos boss in pvp and pvE

7. Hawk239128

Hawk239128 Orc Soldier

Finally I'm back today. 2 feet of snow and my internet was bouncing in and out. Drinks on me!

8. ArcadianRook

ArcadianRook Goblin Champion

Woohoo!!!! Finally into the 1500s and the top 100!!!

winner likes this.
  9. ArcadianRook

When's the new build going to be released?!

10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

:( Aingree deserted us.

In better news, I have some nice surprises in store for the guild, more on that in a few days.

Congrats on your rating, Rook! Also, congrats to KarbonKhan and illkkill, who are/were recently both in the Top 10. And I'd also like to give a shout-out to officer NerdHerder, whose rating has grown by about 300 points in the last month.

12. ArcadianRook

We should recruit A few new people.
    Samedi and GunsmoKing come to mind. Both are interested and would just need to be sent a PM on the forums to set up a time to induct.

winner likes this.
  13. ArcadianRook

Down for maintenance... Fehhhhhh... Must Plaaaaaaaaay!!!

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

GunsmoKing was incredibly bad at following simple directions, e.g. "let me know when you're done with your ranked game so we can do an initiation ceremony." That said, he was really into joining us, so we'll see what happens.

15. brinkmanship

Hey all,
    I have been struggling to get past 1300. I am currently swinging between mid 1200s and mid 1100s. I don't really know if it is my build or just a lack of good equipment (though I ran that item analysis that Flax has in his tag and I have a terrible 35% score, so I suspect that has something to do with it).

So I am hoping some folks in the guild can help. I would love it if someone can critique my current build and/or give me some tips on how to best farm for better loot. I currently try to get the first two bonus chests everyday and have started farming lvl17 campaign, but the campaign in particular I do not understand. I just get lots of chests with mostly garbage in them. Should I just farm like a machine and hope for the best or is there a specific strategy to farming that works best?

I appreciate all of your help so far and in the future!

Excelsior!
    Your Flaming Bag of Poo

16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Well, here's what I'll say. And this is anecdotal so take it with a grain of salt.
    1) I farm pretty minimally.
    2) I got to around 1450 with no nimble strikes.
    3) Gaining rating is all about skill and luck.

I'd be happy to play some practice games with you and give you feedback on your playstyle. :)

Bearson Onyx likes this.
  17. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Tuknir: Congrats on Mauve Manticore! That was really awesome (and the fire worshippers were handily defeated) :D

brinkmanship: what Flaxative said, both with regards to playing practice games with you and/or me spectating your games + looking at your build, and about farming. I do almost no farming (though a recent Staff of the Inferno has changed that a little bit), and I also hit mid 1400s with no Nimble Strikes. Don't give up! We're here to help :D

tuknir likes this.
  18. Hawk239128

Hawk239128 Orc Soldier

Broke 1100 with a new build going 7 8 straight wins. Might hit the purple chest for the first time today. Wish me luck.

And there it went. Played a guy with NS builds on two warriors and a priest :(

Flaxative likes this.
  19. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

You might consider using a couple of neoncat's great utilities: inventory-export-v1-zip and item-xref-v4-zip to produce a spreadsheet of all your items. You could send this to some guildmates to see what builds they can come up with based upon the items you have.
    I farm like a machine, and I can tell you it's hit or miss. ~95% of what you get will be crap. The remainder can be pretty nice, and speed farming the L6 kobold mines will at least ensure you can afford anything that shows up at Randimar's. Item Statistics shows where specific items might be found.

p.s. Good title, O Dread Terror of the Porch.

20. brinkmanship

I love the suggestion about using farming to just earn money and buy from Randimar's -- it at least gives me something to do :) I will definitely try some casual games with my guildmates -- I will look for y'all and if you see me online and have time for a little schooling, let me know!

ArcadianRook likes this.