[GUILD] Sorcererers

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Flaxative, Jan 23, 2014.

1. tonytyzhang

tonytyzhang Kobold

Hi all!

Thanks for letting me join, I hope to have fun playing with all of you! Just returned to the game after about a year or so of hiatus and new to guilds and stuff, so would probably need a bunch of everyone's help :)

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Welcome to the guild, comrade!

3. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

@LieutenantCommanderData, I find it strange you don't have a title. If you don't want one, y'know, that's cool and all, but I do have a suggestion:

Android ♥

$:^ ]

4. ParodyKnaveBob

In other news...

Some builds have bounced me between 1200s and 1300s this month of Aiay. I had an idea for an elf wizard but figured she'd be completely unviable at the moment. Burffter's paradise -- and this idea can't handle burfft. (Burst yes, but not burfft.) A week or two later, though, I decided to be weird and try anyway. First iteration was a dismal Elo failure, sending me to 1100s; the one particular idea worked, however!; it's just that the party as a whole didn't hold up otherwise.

During one night of rebuilding some, I happened to catch @CT5 in chat, and he helped me overcome my blocking fear (thanks, guildmate!) of running the one weapon I knew would make her an offensive force to be reckoned with -- while still synergizing with the rest of the plan. The weapon which, days later, @Pyrious -- during our second battle in one night -- saw Leaking my elf's poor Mind, and said I picked a strange staff. $;^ D

Electro-Laser.

CH - PKB party - Elf Wizard, Dangerous Ally - ewiz.png

I know. Myx'd Mess'zh is one dangerous ally. Highly volatile, including to her teammates and herself. Right?

Results:

CH - PKB party - Elf Wizard, Dangerous Ally - META history.png

Whooo, look at all those blitzes nearly in a row! $E^ D

I flew back up the ladder (starting from 1100s) so quickly, I soon set a goal to bring my elf wizard to 1400 and retire this party. That last homestretch, however, was really, really tough. Being literally not at all built against burfft, when these three got high enough to meet Flash of Agony + Unholy Wellspring + Savage Curse, I seriously struggled to break that barrier.

~siiigh~ Sweet victory. $¦^ ]

And now for some funny moments! After all, this is the Sorcererers thread! $:^ P

Showroom Showdown. My wiz in the center area. Opp wiz still behind ropes. Opp wiz gets all buffed up. Other chars in position to where all I can do is Dash up to the wall in the back, kinda facing to one side. At only range 6, opp reveals Cooling Laser!! and rolls a 6!! D ^8$ Reflexive Teleport through the wall! No damage. $:^ D

Competitive Catering. My Maneuvering wiz approaching center. Opp wiz hanging back. Opp lobs some Flashes at me iirc, drawing a couple hidden Move cards into my hand. My priest heals my wiz iirc. Opp throws Smoke Bomb! Uh-oh. Opp elf warrior scarily approaches my wiz in the smoke. Uh-oh. My wiz Dashes -- five hidden cards still in hand -- away from the warrior, next to my priest on the edge of the smoke, only four steps away from opp human priest sitting on VS. Opp passes. My wiz Flanking Moves out of the smoke for a range 2 Obliterating Spark to the face!! Opp priest plays Spear Of Darkness! Reflexive Teleport failure! Reflexive Teleport failure! Reflexive Teleport success! Back into the smoke, no damage, no vamp heal! Pass for initiative. $}^ }

Filing Fracas. Faced a 1600er? 1700er? $8^ | If you're reading, you and I know who you are. $}^ b Opp's buffed (and Delegated?) Nimble Striker kept chasing after my wiz! Erg! Good thing for Elven Maneuvers and Reliable Mail x2! I kept leading him around my meleers, hoping to roadblock him off my trail, but he just kept flying. I was not about to be jewelled in the back. My deck just kept super reliably EMing me teleports to warp onto a VSs or to-and-fro over the wall when needed. $E^ b When that poor warrior was finally exhausted that round, then my meleers showed they had some moves left, too. $}^ } When all was said and done, my excellent opp fell, and afterward said he realized he was chasing nothing but a decoy -- but only near the end of the match when it was already too late. Lol. $¦^ D ... That said, several rounds after what I described above, he did finally pin her to a wall and return the Obliteration with an 11-13 HP Hack or two, ~nod~ but at least my meleers got to avenge her shortly thereafter. $;^ }

In over thirty matches, my "poor little squishy target" Elven Sorcererer only met demise around six times -- and ironically usually helped kill off any opp elf wiz immediately. $E^ D lol

Gooo, Elf Wizerererds? $:^ P

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    Gingrich Yurr, trrst, rinco69 and 4 others like this.
  5. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

That is the best/scariest elf wiz I have ever seen!

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  6. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Almost makes me want to play three elf wizards for the first time.

EDIT: Decided on Cloak of Instinct and Diamond Moccasins instead of your choices.

1-0. Ha.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  7. ParodyKnaveBob

|
    | $8^ .
    v

$:^ o I... I have won at Card Hunter. $:^ o

~~

lol $:^ D
    gulo * 2 !! I would've loved to've seen that!! If you ever get such an inkling again, you gotta let me know!! $E^ D Dude! lol

Also, interesting item choices. The aura might be frail, but I can still see it giving a surprise Dash 6, Teleport 4, or even Brutal Charge 7 for the desperate escape or hilarious finishing move. Lol. $E^ b

And it wasn't even a holiday... Man...

8. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

The one game I won was because they were not expecting a Brutal Charge into an Obliterating Spark combo. 6-5 win.

6 Electro Lasers is not preferable for three elf wizards however, especially if you draw some mind leak + scatter laser round one. Might make more sense to look towards Amethyst Crystal Shards or Dynamic Staves. 5 reflexives per wizard should be enough.

I'm also inclined to try this with humans + delegates.

9. ParodyKnaveBob

Yeah, triple elves with Laser Spray is already a disaster waiting to happen, but add the Mind Leaks, and $:^ 8 no thank you. $:^ }

Beautiful Brutal Obliteration there, yes. ~nod~ $E^ b

10. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Will queue up one game in the next hour with the three elven ladies just for you. Let me know in game when you're available.

if not now, will try one game later tonight. Made a couple of changes.

11. ParodyKnaveBob

Whooo! $:^ D

Yeah, that was a lot of fun. Lol. $E^ b

12. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Happy to hear it.

13. dashv520

dashv520 Orc Soldier

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah, even if it was true, don't throw matches :p

CT5, ParodyKnaveBob and Lord Feleran like this.
  15. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

6th! Let's keep fighting!

gl hf Sorcererers!

16. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

I was also inspired to run double electro laser. Only with Demon-Elf-Wiz + 3 phantom pains + asmods + perrior's + bertha's + perilous agility. Success rate 100% over 3 games. Triple elf wiz with electro laser would be suicidal. But just the one is spot on!

17. dashv520

dashv520 Orc Soldier

Completed COC finally just now!!! :):D

18. ParodyKnaveBob

WHOOOO!!

Mister, you're a better adventurer than I! $:^ b

dashv520 likes this.
  19. dashv520

dashv520 Orc Soldier

Finally the map changes!!!
    it seems a healing build is strong in this map rotation.