[GUILD] Sorcererers

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Flaxative, Jan 23, 2014.

1. They should release the cat priest in my honour. My cat team must be complete.

2. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Just got our 125th member, @Dekker_wilder! Welcome!

Cat priest would be fun!

EDIT: Peasant Wizards continue to make ends meet

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    Jezterscap, Flaxative and Pawndawan like this.
  3. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

It was a very fun initiation match to watch. The cybernetic mage warrior was a blast! $E^ D

CT5 likes this.
  4. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

New Quick Draw league! Here's the Kitchen:

Pawndawan and Wocket like this.
  5. Oh my, the kitchen map. I find that really hard to play for some reason. Anyone got any good tips for it?

6. ParodyKnaveBob

The Sorcererers. Based upon the goof-up of the Staff of Sorcerery. We compete. But moreso, we have fun.

Today, and today only, in honor of today only, I shall create a team of three infected zombies. They will hunt. They will infect. They will explode.

Muah hah ha haaa!

7. ParodyKnaveBob

Okay, here's an update.

I only have Infected x2. Aww. $:^ P

I began each fight with my two zombies saying something like,
    Brraaaaiiiinss...

Then my support wizard (my necromancer? ha ha ha ha ha) saying,
    Greetings, [name]. Have fun. Do well. Meehee.

[SRC] Anne Athema
    Level 1 Human Priest

[SRC] Evelyn Tinss
    Level 1 Human Priest

[SRC] Myx'd Mess'zh
    Level 1 Elf Wizard

Probably my favorite moments were when a battle would start and my opp would have to sit through Demonic Revenge x7 and a Traveling Curse on my end. Lol. $E^ D Opp would give weird faces and question marks. $:^ D

Unfortunately, my antics started drawing a crowd in battle but -- of all things -- spectators would see a bunch of boring stuff like no Festering Guts getting drawn, or even no spectacular chains of damaging Traits...

I found these to be too suicidal without my decided control. Therefore, I redesigned after 2 wins vs. 6 losses (2 of those losses blitzes).

[SRC] Anne Athema
    Level 1 Human Priest

[SRC] Evelyn Tinss
    Level 1 Human Priest

[SRC] Myx'd Mess'zh
    Level 1 Elf Wizard

I found this to be a lot slower and therefore a lot less comical. $F^ } When I found Hawkwind's Mocassins in a chest the other day, I was pretty disappointed. Legendary!! Boots, tokenless!! Oh. Dangerous Move x2. Well. I suppose I could find a use for this some day, but whatever. ~chuck to the side~ Well. Tonight. I found a use for it. $}^ D In fact, if I had two (and another Tome/Deadinomicon), I'd be running both priests identically. ~nodnod~

Actually, I see now that second one posted was after I made some tweaks here and there. So like, version 2.1 or 2.2 or something. Anyway. Out of 7 games with 2-3 versions of Party 2, I got 2 wins (one blitz!) vs. 5 losses (2 blitzes). Edit: 8 games, 3 wins (1 blitz), 5 losses (2 blitzes); I don't recall what losing blitz(es) might have been due to time out.

The blitz came in Haunted Graveyard when I gave my opening lines to a team of human wizards, then smoked out the cemetery. Very next action was my opponent resigning! Lol!

The regular win came in Haunted Graveyard, too. Unfortunately, my opponent did not speak English, thus we couldn't mutually enjoy the Halloweeniness of it all. $E^ b But, I drew Festering very early on one zombie, and thus was able to concentrate on forcing Festering out of the other not too long afterward. Opp dwarf warrior was smart/scared enough to hide in a corner taking self-damage from Blind Rage, lol. But! It wasn't enough. Forced her into range of both a priest and the warrior and kablooey! Brought the human priest to a single digit and the dwarf warrior near to it. Within a round or two, my wizard fled to the VS while my other priest was very low on HP and a dwarf priest was worrying us with positioning. 1 VPs Bob, 0 VPs opp. Then, it happened. Brrraaaaiiiinnsss!!! She drew Festering, she flung herself into position, and -- despite some desperate attempt to endure and, I guess, hope my wizard couldn't finish her -- exploded all over the same two as before, finishing them both! $E^ D Dwarf priest waddled a little toward VSs where Myx'd Mess'zh was poised for the final VP. Resignation, victory. $:^ D

Edit: The third win I'll have to tell about later. I threw in one last game just before I had to go -- and, gotta go! $:^ b

~~

Joy was had by all (or at least many!). Multiple people thanked me for a fun and different build, for ridiculous role-playing, and for plenty of laughter. $E^ D I'd say this was a successful Halloween Party. $E^ D

Oh! I should totally thank @j3st3ri and @Flaxative Aloyzo for Infected! Thank you! $:^ D

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    FinalCheetah, CT5 and Jezterscap like this.
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

They're really good, probably the best tokenless boot for a dwarf warrior?

ParodyKnaveBob and Han Lee like this.
  9. ParodyKnaveBob

@Flaxative: I get what you're saying. Plenty of extra movement, and the dwarf can generally take the Dangerous damage. I do have one pair of Goat Boots -- yay Trait cycle, and a good, solid one at that, Immovable defeating some enemy tactics -- but generally, I find Dwarf movement to be so impaired and in need of a boost, I nearly always find a way to spend a token on their Boots. Diamond Moccasins and Turquoise Boots are of course excellent for their Sparkling Cloth Armor, right? So yeah, I'm not saying I disagree in the least; I'm just saying I generally find it worth it to spend on Dwarf Boots, although clearly, Campaign can be different than MP. ~nodnod~ Thanks for the feedback. It'll probably stick Hawkwind's in my mind a bit more next time I feel relegated to tokenless Dwarf Boots. $;^ J

--

Halloween Party! Some interesting highlights I learned from and/or hope my opp learned from...
    1. On my first or second attempt with the Party #2, I forced Festering onto a priest with much effort -- I believe I ran out of card draws the round *before,* used Accelerated Thought, etc. -- and she was already pretty low on HP. Myx'd Mess'zh smoked out the center where only the opp's Elf Wiz sat, and my zombie got up to a VS, too. Opp Wiz threw out a cone of fire. Good, smart. I hit us all with a Firestorm 'cause, y'know, that'll bring the zombie to critical HP -- "OH NO" I suddenly wrote in chat. Thought+Fire+Fire = no more Festering. $8^ O Wow. $¦^ | Bumped off my own Festering Guts -- with a card that's guaranteed to finish her (along with enemy card). Nice.
    2. I don't recall whether it were that match or another one, but ha ha ha, one opp managed to avoid and obliterate my chars who never got infected (whether wiz-and-remaining-priest or different battle) by Rocket Charging all over the place through the smoke screen. $:^ P
    3. On my first party, the win where I blitzed came from no infection and my deciding to just duke it out with my priests. Attach a couple buffs, and those melee attacks pack a punch!
    4. There was a Necromancer's Heaven battle with a dwarf priest taking the VS nearest to my party, right on the edge of my smoke. Elven Insight showed me 3 melee attacks plus a Touch of Death. Hm. I bolt my (buffed?) uninfected priest with 3-5 cards up to her. Opp, first thing, Touch of Death! ..roll for Block Missile. $}^ } Devastating Strike right back onto her! That was sweet.

But okay, that last zombie battle! Necromancer's Heaven, opponent had two Elf Warriors and a Human Priest. Brraaaiiinnsss... First thing, Opp darts an Elf onto a VS. I attempt to infect my priest. Opp, without having to move anybody, throws a Nimbus onto VS camper. Oof. I move my Elf Wiz into position. Opp does something. I Smoke Bomb; I don't need opp priest support, ugh! Next round is when I begin to seriously dig out the infection, and opp gets next Elf Warrior onto VS, too, both holding position. At some point -- maybe already? maybe in a few more turns / another round or so? -- my opp gives a :) and a Happy Halloween, which (in immediate context) made me wonder if one had read my detailed party post here since this was one quick morning battle, and World Chat was far removed from the antics hours before, where I was literally advertising my zombies infecting the Ranked Matches, and although I didn't further describe my decks, ppl *were* coming in and watching, ha ha ha. $E^ D Anyway, Nimbussing first thing like that, plus the timing of the smily and holiday greeting made me wonder how much insight I had to deal with. $;^ b Festering Guts! I've gotta say, there's a grand feeling to seeing that purple-quality black-faced card show up purposefully, intentionally in your very hand, as opposed to mere Radiation randomly attaching the tiniest of thumbnails directly onto a char. Brrraaaaiiiinsss!!! ~click Trait, attach to char~ She shambles into the middle of all our Elves. Elf Warrior begins the attack! (Does opp realize what's going on here?) Zombie Priest attacks back! Elves swap around some! Priest suffers more damage! When my poor zombie gets pretty low, opp's perfect health Elf Warrior adjacent to her in the smoke darts away .. behind a wall, possibly prepping to approach my Wiz and other Priest next round .. but .. is still actually within range of my zombie .. (Is opp further up to something? Does opp think Guts is a Burst effect? What's going on here?) Meanwhile, this entire time, my own Elf Wiz has still been in range of the zombie's Guts.. Other Elf Warrior, hidden in smoke, two spaces away.. Priest at like 6 HP or so.. Let's do it. Flash of Agony! Priest at 2HP! Opp finally runs Human Priest up a little closer to the battle! Zombie Priest targets own ally Priest with Demonic Feedback! Clean priest draws card, Zombie SPLATS!!! Hiding Elf Warrior! 18 Damage! 7 HP left! Elf Wizard! Resistant Hide! 17 HP left! Smoked Elf Warrior! 18 Damage! Dissolves into a disgusting puddle! .. Opp says something like "oops" .. "what a misplay" .. $E^ D .. sits there for some moments .. I currently have a new, unseen card in my other priest's hand, just waiting to be clicked .. I don't recall how much else we chat at this point .. opp doesn't know what my new card is .. opp is generally friendly and has shown enjoyment of the battle at any rate .. the card .. it's black .. it's purple .. it's still hidden in hand .. "ggwp," resign, Victory. $E^ D

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  10. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

They're pretty much the best tokenless boots for anyone. Most of my parties use 2 pairs if not 3. Elves and support characters might want other stuff I suppose.

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah I think some squishy characters might want armor, and some support/ranged characters might want a trait from goat or glimmer boots. But yeah they're amazing.

Vakaz likes this.
  12. ParodyKnaveBob

Unfortunately, my Halloween antics counted for November, so I started this month with -8 guild contribution. Uh heh. Uh heh. Uh, sorry. $;^ D All in the name of good fun, though! *And,* I've now beaten my old winning streak of 5, for 8 in a row, 6 of those blitzes, 1 of those a blitz against another guild, so um yay back up to 9, 2nd to @Jezterscap? $:^ P

(I never even mentioned. I actually tweaked for yet another version of the Infected party but never even played it before retiring it for the holiday season. Ha ha ha.)

CT5 likes this.
  13. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

More peasant wizard stuff:

Guild stats to come later!

14. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

Hi guys I'm back.

CT5 likes this.
  15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

YAY !!!!

CT5 and Bluemage like this.
  16. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

The Caverns of Chaos are fun!

CT5 and Flaxative like this.
  17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

You're welcome !!!! =D =D =D

CT5 and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  18. ParodyKnaveBob

I am now twice the Sorcererer I ever was!

(I just found my second Sorcerery Staff in a chest.)

CT5, Bluemage and Flaxative like this.
  19. ParodyKnaveBob

Every now and then, I've wondered what would happen if I actually got skilled enough to rise the ranked ladder and wind up in a CT5 video in which he'd stomp me.

Uh-oh, Ranked RNG matched high 1500s CT5 to low 1200s Bob! $8^ |

(when he first said "hi" in our battle chat, I literally thought he'd just popped in to spectate for some reason, like maybe we were a couple Sorcererers -- he'd done that before with 3beaner vs. me -- I was quite aghast at realizing he was the other player!!)

--

I just hunted down @CT5's and my ranked match on his Twitch channel. Hilarious! $E^ D

(I feel obligated to disclaim that I don't condone the harsh language that arises a lot in the video, although it does seem it got relatively cleaner during our battle, for which I'm grateful, even if it weren't conscious.)

You can't see it in the video due to the Twitch chat black box, but a veritable Sorcererers party broke out during our battle! $:^ b

Some afterword thoughts in case you were curious -- especially you, Mr. CT5, my esteemed opponent:

Frankly, I think my happiest moments were when you showed genuine surprise at my actions. "What? Why did he move there?" Or, pointing where I'm gonna go next, and then I do something else instead. Etc. $E^ D (In retrospect, it seems I played so conservatively that you didn't get a chance to expect much before it simply happened. Hm. Interesting.)

Also funny how little it felt at the time like my deck's signature cards were drawing. $:^ P But, I did what I could to make it work. In retrospect, it was really only my wizard's main expected cards which weren't drawing, but at least I could deal with what she brought to the table (which makes me happy now about my overall deck choices). On that note, our battle and our individual analy[si]zations made me understand one of my warriors much better than before; she's a good char, I just need to make sure I'm playing her correctly; thank you for both the game and the video as far as she goes. ~nodnod~

Myx'd Mess'zh, my Elf Wizard, drew her armor first round. (Oh wow.) I was ready for your (CT5's) bursts ... although I now see wizard bursting is Rare, ha ha, oh well. Anyway, I just hoped you didn't have too much Arcane going on so that you'd waste at least one good attack on her and be stymied once you knew. I figured once my armor got revealed, I'd have to deal with removal, which would mean yet more staying out of los, but that never really came up much.

My sincere thanks, btw, at you essentially saying "good job on the Elf Wiz play" at the beginning of your vid when I left her in place Round 1 and following.

So many of my Moves were meant to stay out of your line of sight. A couple were just meant to take the full brunt of the damage 'cause it didn't matter anymore (which of course would also draw your cards away from my chars I still wanted to keep alive). A couple were meant to actually threaten and put you on the defensive. I played very defensively against you, perhaps even moreso since I didn't draw that much defense against your chars, thus I mostly just ran around like a scared rabbit, hoping to waste your Moves chasing me so that (again) I could stay out of los.

I was so afraid you knew Firestorm was coming, lol. $E^ D Lol. (Then, I see your video and see your bewilderment and your only guessing it at the very last moment, lol! So great, so funny.) As far as it being rare in MP, yeah, totally understandable. Frankly, it's usually a throwaway card in my deck (especially being on an elf), but every now and then, it serves a neat purpose, thus I don't lament it being there. $;^ b

You were relieved when I landed on the VS round 1. I was afraid if I'd approached you, I'd be toast! (I was afraid as it was that I could lose some HP sitting on the VS! Ha ha again @ forgetting wizard bursts are Rare.)

When you placed your priest behind your wizards, I figured I was about to be Purge-Bursted anyway*, hence my Dashing F'talitie (green) up between your wizards. At that point, I expected one char or another to flee or push me away (for which I had a Dance to return to you). When neither occurred, I figured, all right, leave her be for a moment longer and instead threaten you with Ag'nie (red) along with learning what role your priest had to offer. After my step attack, I was really surprised to see you stay there; I figured I'd be relegated to next dealing with your other wizard with the huge hand of cards -- with my needing either to attack or flee or bolt up with my other warrior... I wasn't really sure yet what I'd do on that one... so yeah, when you stayed instead, more step attack time! $:^ P

*I'd hardly call it "greedy" to remove my buffs and your handicap when you did. That was just plain ol' wisdom right there. Also note, if you hadn't removed Impaler, I would've delivered 1 more HP of damage, enough to finish you off! Oh, ho!

Oooooo, that 1 HP of damage. $}^ b Yeah, it wasn't a pleasant decision to Firestorm my own weakened warrior and reveal my Hide, but to remove your Elf Wiz and roast your Combustible Wiz (bah! Blocked! heheheh) not to mention your priest some, too, just seemed too good -- too important -- to pass up. I meant to type something rhetorically asking/guessing about Lifesaving just before I burned the world, but you had me pretty antsy, thus I forgot! lol I was just *so* sure you were ready for me, ha ha ha ha ha! (It was also a difficult decision to give up my Teleport about as soon as I got it, but again, seemed pretty important to remove a char asap. I've been burned too many times by not going overkill.)

Thank you sincerely as well for your comments on my Passing game. I merely learned that tactic from the random-tips-for-everyone thread a few months ago, and I especially put it into practice when I really started pushing to stop losing to the timer. $E^ P

When my warrior was nearly dead with Firestorm still attached, I figured you were going to waste her anyway, being in line of sight and all, (and if I fled, you could very easily follow,) thus I might as well get something good out of her, hence my madcap Dancing her across your nose. Yes: very, very funny defeating her with your buff (and my fire). $;^ D I loved it!

Also, very, very funny plan to "buff" me with your prepped preparing buff to slay me despite my armor! $E^ D Seeing that in your video was hilarious. I would've loved that if you'd pulled it off! Those're my kind of ridiculous, unexpected tactics! $:^ b Ha ha ha ha ha... But anyway,

I didn't expect your step attack into my wizard! Before that moment, I originally figured I'd need to outmaneuver your Forward Thinking wizard, and I knew my current position at least stopped you from Running onto the VS near me, thus I held my corner. I was still in advantage with my warrior on VS with full health and out of los, thus pass, yeah. Then, you stepped into my face. Ugh. $E^ D So, okay, I figured, instead of Sparking you and risking a Block, just use my little Spin there to hurt you some (and/or test for armor) and get myself untrapped (facing you to maybe make you worry about a Block) in order to either immediately die at your hand or soon Dash out of there to the center VS -- leading you to try to los me, at which point I would Smoke you out. You knifed, I Dashed.

You waited some before approaching me, (iIrc, passing, giving me another VS VP -- 4 VPs at that point!) but I still held that pretty, pretty Smoke Bomb in my hand. $E^ D Quite necessary with your scarily dropping me to 2 HP already. What I expected: you'd come in for me, I'd die, we'd tie 4-4, and then I'd bring in my warrior (with multiple Spins of her own saved up from the last few rounds to control you -- as I said in World Chat, it was tough giving up Parry for Violent Spin since I was also afraid of your priest). Surely enough, all that happened. And then, you removed a VSpin, eek. $8^ | And then, you laid your offensive/defensive Wall of Fire. $E^ D Dude, I was like, oh no if he has another step attack, oh no if he has another step attack, oh no if he has another step attack... $:^ P So then, to hear on your video the hilarious moment of, "[Bob just hit me with VSpin instead of an attack,] oh, okay, I can live with that [probably anticipating Bob pushing me away behind the smoke]" just before I instead placed you in your final resting spot? Lol! $E^ D That was so awesome.

"gg," Pass, VS contested, Lava, Victory $E^ D $E^ D $E^ D

Soooooo, you know your multi-minute high you felt when you destroyed ThetianKnight's party (of the Path of Fires guild!) seemingly against all odds? That's totally how I felt after I managed to fell the giant in our match! $:^ D $:^ D (Sorry that you clearly felt kinda down afterward, though!) Peasant or not, you've awesome playing skill! $:^ D Thanks again for the very fun and nerve-racking game. $:^ b

CT5 likes this.
  20. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Here is said game against ParodyKnaveBob (there's also a QD game afterwards. also can't believe I forgot to post this):

Two ranked games prior:

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.