[GUILD] Sorcererers

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Flaxative, Jan 23, 2014.

1. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Good morning Sorcererers! I've got some numbers for us to snack on today:

47.8% of our matches were a blitz (win or lose)
    50% of our wins were blitzes
    We won 44.7% of our matches against other guild members; 20% of those wins were blitzes
    28.7% of our losses to other guild members were blitzes

Also, whoa, if I did this correctly, our rating change from matches against other guild members is -214! Didn't see that coming :eek:
    But best of all, we got 5 new guild members last month! :D

Let's keep fighting everyone! goooooooooooo us

(I suppose I could do individual blitz / guild battle stats too...)
    (Thanks again to @Farbs for making the data easily accessible!)

2. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

(Yep, thanks to @Farbs for generating the computer code for computer-generated facts and figures!) Thank you, CT5, for the legwork! $:^ J

I do enjoy seeing the differences in statistics between win/loss and blitzing. Starting about the time I returned to CH in Sept, my own stats run something like...
    22 wins to 27 losses
    15 winning blitzes to 9 losing blitzes
    68% of my wins were blitzes; 33% of my losses were blitzes

Sooo, my weird build and its tweaks netted me more losses overall, but when I would win, I seem to've usually beaten the tar out of my opponents. $;^ D
    (And yay, this barely kept me in the positives on guild points this past month even despite those two days I lost close to ninety percent of my contribution. It was nice when I had 65%+ win rate, top 10 contributors, etc. Gotta know when to stop playing some days, lol.)

Mr. Data's data are probably crazy with his sheer quantity of battles. $8^ ,
    I'm guessing even moreso due to being higher ranking and thus challenging so many other guild members!

CT5 likes this.
  3. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

First off, please welcome the newest Sorcererer, @w_i_x!

Next, for those who like Quick Draw, I've got six QD games in the following two videos:

And for the few Geomancy lovers out there, a great example of how not to play that league:

Flaxative, Pawndawan and Wocket like this.
  4. ParodyKnaveBob

Cool! I remember liking @w_i_x in Chat and I-think-games and all that. $:^ b (So hard for me to keep up with the population.)

Yay, Geomancy! (Seriously!) Yeah, I'm eager to see that video later $:^ J -- even if it's just intended as semi-instructional comic relief. $:^ D

CT5 and Flaxative like this.
  5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

CT5 likes this.
  6. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

I am freeeeee

to do stuff like this:

7. Druidmask

Druidmask Mushroom Warrior

*pokes around in roaster*
    What's a squad, and why are they all to be decided?

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

The glorious future has yet to be unveiled.

CT5 and Druidmask like this.
  9. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Mauve Manticore 10:

Ranked silliness:

10. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

Thanks to a first turn rage-quit, I'm up FINALLY over 1500 again!

11. Haven't been posting here lately, unfortunately. Between college courses and coursework, League of Legends (suitemates play it, so I figured why not), and nostalgia for how my gaming life was so much simpler (and perhaps better?) back in 2007 and earlier, I haven't had much time for CH. Did manage to beat MM9 and 10 yesterday though. Now I'm just looking to beat that new module whose name escapes me now...

If you guys catch me online, please don't be afraid to say hi. I promise I won't bite =)

Sir Veza likes this.
  12. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

@Rainingrecon you're supposed to be converting people to CH, not losing yourself to those other "games." ;_;

Still, good to see you! gl hf with the college thing :D

13. @CT5 I am trying, but nobody seems to have the 'sophistication' to want to try CH =/

14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Sophistry be damned! (Do they even teach Sophistry in college anymore? Whatever.)
    Co-op(t) them! Use the excuse of needing a co-op partner to get extra goodies from the Loot Fairy.
    If they decline to help a fellow student, guilt trip them. (Guilt tripping tends to be very effective at that stage of life.)
    If they subsequently figure out you could have just used two accounts, act surprised. By that time they'll be hooked so thoroughly it won't really matter.
    Misrepresentation, misdirection, and subterfuge are traditional at college. Your professors are doing it to you now! Don't be the last to jump on the bandwagon! Win them over for CH! For the Sorcererererers! For guildmaster Flaxative , er, ct5. er, Inkflinger er, ... Oof. Tell you what. Win them over for Farbs. So Farbs can move out of the borrowed car he's living in in the trunk of. Maybe into a better one with wheels! [Hush, Farbs, I'm on a roll.] Perhaps even into a sublet caravan! I mean, we owe him! He's a stand-up guy! What wouldn't he do for us? Should we repay his genius, his hard work, and his sacrifice with apathy? (No, apathy isn't a drug. Haven't you learned anything in college? Jeez.) NO WE SHOULD NOT!!! HE DESERVES OUR BEST!!! He deserves to be Chair of the computer science Department! Cardhunter Studies must be made an accredited course. How else might your school beat out all the competing interests to be the venue of the lucrative and much touted Cardstock III World Championship? DREAM BIG!
    I shouldn't think you'd need to rename you institution to Farbs unless you just want to, The computer and Math buildings should be enough.
    But for now, just get your roomies started playing Cardhunter. Once you do, everything else will fall neatly into place.
    If it doesn't, it will be Flaxative's fault.

15. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

The start of something terrible:

Sir Veza and Jezterscap like this.
  16. Jezterscap

Jezterscap Lizardman Priest

"once the fat things get armour" :D

CT5 likes this.
  17. Broke 1500 for the first time today, still haven't changed my figures from the default Dwarf Warrior, Human Cleric and Elf Wizard. Was thinking of actually changing my figures but given that I have an 88% win rate on this current build, I'm in the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" camp.

18. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

@FinalCheetah that is really impressive! Very cool. Also not terribly surprising based on what I remember of how well you've played. Good stuff :D

Peasants doing work (might be one of the strongest possible ways this team could play out, actually, so hopefully it isn't all downhill from here):

FinalCheetah and Flaxative like this.
  19. I'm surprised your opponent wasn't playing a burster in that match. When I saw Savage Fury I thought it was going to be a sure thing.

20. ParodyKnaveBob

Yaay, I got the thousandth post in this thread!

..oh wait, gotta be on-topic, huh..
    k

Gooooo, Sorcererers! $:^ P

~~~ edit ~~~

...wait, what? The other thing said this had 999 posts, but now I see 1001 and Cheetah has 1000? Maybe it was 999 replies? Okay, um, yaay, I got the thousandth reply maybe in this thread? Go, Sorcererers?