[GUILD] Sorcererers

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Flaxative, Jan 23, 2014.

1. jlt8

jlt8 Kobold

Already lost 100 rating because of the current map rotation :(. Any recommendation on what build is good for the current rotation?

2. Punf

Punf Lizardman Priest

[​IMG]+[​IMG]+[​IMG]= [​IMG]

I guess you can run some other burst staff if you're lame...

3. Slayer696

Slayer696 Kobold

@Inkfingers i will just try to catch you at the world chat.

4. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

Sounds good, @Slayer696 - I tend to first log on around 7-9pm PST, as of late, so that's your best bet for finding me.

@jlt8 , my guess for powerhouses is going to be warriors w/ parry - most map layouts encourage close-range play with their clustered or singular VPs. You could try burst, but I feel like well-managed TW1P teams (like always) are going to hold the top ranks - although, unlike the previous rotation, we will see range 1 dominate instead of range 2 - Blocking Mace and Bejeweled Shortsword instead of Double-edged Sword. We might also see more Jump Back this rotation.

That said, that's just my guess.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    CT5, jlt8 and Pawndawan like this.
  5. jlt8

jlt8 Kobold

Thanks @Inkfingers though for some reason, whenever I change my build, I get the exact counter of it in the next fight XD.

6. Slayer696

Slayer696 Kobold

Hmmm my local time (Warsaw time) isn't very compatible with yours because it's mostly dawn and i can't be in game at these hours. Best time for me would be 0-00 PST but if it wouldn't be available for you then i could make it to 10 pm but i prefer later.

Most regards.

7. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

@jlt8 - what kinds of things have you been running in this rotation? Can you give me some examples of things you have played, and things that have countered them?

@Slayer696 - maybe we can organize a playdate, so to speak, tomorrow at 11 o'clock pm PST? Bring what you consider your most interesting or silly deck, and I will try and build something comparable to play with you. We can chat, maybe high-five a couple of times, if you're into that kind of thing.

8. jlt8

jlt8 Kobold

Well, the ones that I remember that I used are 3DCWIz, 3HumanWars and 3MartyrVamps. Anyway when I started I used my 3DCWiz but it later lost to a number of warriors w/ hugh armor or other attack wiz. Then the 3HumanWars fought wiz builds and one or two lost quickly, same with third one.

Btw, any ideas to help make this build better? ^^

[SRC] Venysl
    Level 1 Human Priest

[SRC] Jonec
    Level 1 Human Priest

[SRC] Halzorn
    Level 19 Human Priest

Anyway now I'm kind of doing good again with 2Wars and a ControlWiz

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  9. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

@jlt8 - That makes a lot of sense. In my experience pure wizards are weak to warriors, and pure warriors are weak to wizards, as contradictory as that sounds. Adding support to shore up weak points - a priest to buff and block for wizards, or either other class to add versatility to warriors, makes them much more stable.

If you can build a pair of Parry/Bejewelled warriors, plus a Smoke Bomb toting wiz, you might have fun with that. Equip Violent Spin and Jump Back for added fun. The limited VP options mean you only need to cover one spot (near the VP), and you can use Short Perplexing Ray to keep the Wiz safe. Sound good? Just make sure you have about 6-7 smokes. "Pack a day" could be a funny name for the strat?

10. jlt8

jlt8 Kobold

@Inkfingers - I did make something like that, (Flash Parry) which made up of 2 Parry Wars and a Smoke Bomb Wiz, and it worked great at the last month's rotation. But the problem with it is that, if the enemy has no wiz, all the Smoke Bombs are wasted and the Wiz is a bit useless. ( except for a bit of Illusory Barriers and Telekinesis )

11. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

Yeah, that's right, the main use of smoke vs warriors is negating stab ranges. Maybe mix Flash Flood and Illusory Barrier? In a couple of these maps, well placed impassible spots could mess a guy up.

12. jlt8

jlt8 Kobold

13. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

Welcome our latest victim-uh, I mean member, the and persistent and plausibly deniable @Slayer696
    I'm sure this new round of recruits will do better navigating the snakepits then the last one. Remember, if you die in the snakepits, you die in real life.

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Ew, an SAO fan? Plz kick him from guild, Inky.

Rainingrecon likes this.
  15. That's how it is, eh? Well then, I never really wanted to be here.

16. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

I thought we decided that Anime preference was only grounds for expulsion if... Wait. Flax, how did you know that was SAO? Are you... a secret fan?

I don't know what to think anymore.

17. Nym

Nym Kobold

Greetings :) i am new player and i wish to join Sorcererers. Is it possible?

18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I just make really bad decisions :(

http://melative.com/Flak/library/anime

19. Huey Laforet

Huey Laforet Orc Soldier

I thought the MC was dual wielding?