[GUILD] Sorcererers

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Flaxative, Jan 23, 2014.

1. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Titles are indeed fun!

You know what else is fun? Wizards. (Silly mistakes are less fun, but possibly amusing. Except then I get very whiny, which is probably more annoying than amusing =/)

I'll get you next time @Fifjunior7!

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

How was Pawndawan not already a Sorcererer? Welcome aboard!

ParodyKnaveBob, CT5 and Pawndawan like this.
  3. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Glad I'm fixing all these problems!

We have also reached a record high 84 members with our newest recruit, @Thegreatphoenix! We're 6x larger than the next largest guild! Teehee. :D

Pawndawan and Flaxative like this.
  4. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

Hi guys. I can haz be in your club? Ooops, I is.

Thanks for the invite, @CT5.

5. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Glad to have you with us @Bluemage! Also please welcome Jlt! (@jlt8 ?)

And because I have to play somewhat regularly:

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Woo! Welcome to the new members :D :D :D

I always felt @Bluemage was one of us. But I always get confused, because his avatar is green.

CT5 likes this.
  7. Bluemage

Bluemage Hydra

Better?

It'd been a while since I looked through all the figures, hadn't realized at the time that there was the palette swaps for Oozeball, I just like the slime.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    Farbs, CT5, Pawndawan and 1 other person like this.
  8. jlt8

jlt8 Kobold

CT5 likes this.
  9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Mucho mejor. Thanks, Bluemage! :)

10. I think I'm officially resigning from playing any more Waterways leagues. Nothing I throw at it sticks. I will change party builds between matches only to get matched against what I don't want to see. =/

Unless someone feels like sharing their strategies for this league? =)

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I haven't done well at Waterway since Firestorm nerf :p

12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

1. Sign up.
    2. Play campaign.
    3. Get 3 Gold chests.
    Probably not what you were looking for, I know.

ParodyKnaveBob, Pawndawan and CT5 like this.
  13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I've been having a lot of crazy dreams this past week that I've been traveling in Mexico, but this one both takes the cake and is relevant.

#

I got separated from the people I was walking with (my parents, my girlfriend) while we were exploring a large mall. As I sought to find them, I happened upon a Target store. This was the largest Target, and it looked very inviting. I entered, and found that the entire first floor was a lobby of sorts with non-Target things scattered about--shoe-shiners, souvenir shops, fancy-looking couches, coffee shops, etc.. I wandered about a bit until I sort of recognized someone, seated on a leather couch with a laptop open in his lap. This man looked familiar to me, like maybe he had solicited me for some donation or cause once, but I couldn't place his face. He looked up at me and I knew he knew me from his expression--my own memory was jump-started, and I instantly remembered that this was @Ghostbrain! We shook hands warmly, and then he asked me if I'd reconsidered his offer.

"Sorry," I said, "I don't remember it."

He looked crestfallen, but rebounded quickly. "There's a job for you at my website," he said, "you'd be a senior developer and have a huge share in the company."

I thought about it. I'd been considering getting a steady job, instead of doing freelance work here and there to pay the rent. But Ghostbrain seemed to be hiding something, so I presented myself as uncertain.

"Well, we kind of have no money right now, so we can't pay you yet," he explained. "and I can't do this all on my own, so we're kind of in huge trouble. But with you on the team, we'd become profitable in no time. And, again, you'd own a huge share of the company."

"That could be acceptable," I said. "But tell me, again, what is it that your website is for?"

"We're a networking site for arms dealers," said Ghostbrain. "We help connect them and establish arms routes."

I fixed Ghostbrain with as disgusted a look as I could muster. "Ew."

"What?" he asked, flabbergasted. I stonewalled. He wheedled. "Don't be like that! It's fine, it's just a job. It pays the bills!"

At first I was astounded by the appeal to profit, as Ghostbrain was clearly operating off of free WiFi in a Target lobby and honestly he looked kind of scraggly. Then I reminded myself that the profit motive, applicable or not, was irrelevant. And I was like, sorry, dude, but you can't be in the Sorcererers anymore. We're about fun, not distributing weapons IRL. Somehow kicking Ghostbrain out of the guild became my top priority, and I forced myself into wakefulness at that point in order to do it. Of course, once I woke up, I no longer wanted to boot Ghostbrain because it was all a dream. (And I'm not the principal anymore, either, so I couldn't do it if I wanted to.)

Anyway, hope that was a fun read. ;)

14. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

Never in a million years would I have guessed that the 'Weirdest Post Award' would go to Flaxative.

Bravo!

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

You clearly never knew me...

16. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

sobs

17. Ghostbrain

Ghostbrain Ogre

Man, that's something! I guess I could crunch the numbers and find how much my... *looks for closest thing resembling weapon like properties*, mug of jo could go for. Gotta check what my closest competitor sells it for, *#starbucks*. Now to raise awareness, @website *hot stains of war -discount prices.whatdaf.......*

Pretty sure dream me has more of clue then I do.

Pawndawan, Flaxative and CT5 like this.
  18. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

1) Work on your dream vocabulary. "Ew," does not qualify as an ass-chewing regardless of the look you give .
    2) "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free."
    - A. E. van Vogt, "The Weapon Shops of Isher"
    2a) Never trust any government that doesn't allow its citizens to buy weapons.
    2b) Don't trust those that do, either. They all require constant watching.
    3) I'm an international arms dealer specializing in slings and atlatls.
    3a) Ban me from the Sorcererers.
    3b) Don't come crying to me if you're in desperate need of an atlatl.
    4) Have a great time in Mexico, bro! :cool:

19. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Oh surely. But that sentence has a lot of unnecessary words ;)

20. CKaz

CKaz Goblin Champion

Hey thanks for the invite today! Always thought I should try out this Guild thing with a cool bunch of peeps :cool:

Pawndawan, CT5 and Flaxative like this.