[GUILD] Sorcererers

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Flaxative, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Huey Laforet

Huey Laforet Orc Soldier

Just discovered coop today! Where have I been all this time?

And why hasn't there been a guilds wars coop tournament yet??? @Flaxative

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Mainly because coop is buggy and hard to arrange at this time.

3. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Co-op isn't too buggy, though it is still being implemented. As for hard to arrange, let's just say I've spent twice the time I've played co-op setting up co-op, thanks to people bringing the wrong character, starting ranked games, not understanding the invite system, 2v2 games suddenly becoming 3v3 games, not having a character premade, setup time being too long and people leave before it starts, and discussing team formations. It is hilariously fun though, check out the Co-Op thread for more info and games scheduled in advance.

As for guild wars, Forest Wizards is always up for a round of co-op. If you guys want to try challenging us, we'll take you on!

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Welcome to our newest member, @Brishna!

Fifjunior7 and CT5 like this.
  6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

CT5 and Fifjunior7 like this.
  7. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Shoutouts to the Sorcererers who've been playing co-op games! Ones that come to mind are @Fifjunior7 @GerOge @Youbo @Rainingrecon @Elite_Gamer @Jezterscap @goome (I think?). Apologies to anyone I've missed!

Seriously though, it's awesome, and I think we can definitely say we're doing our job to make Cardhuntria a happier and friendlier place :D

8. Jezterscap

Jezterscap Lizardman Priest

Sorcererers up to 3rd place in Batfordruary guild battle. Keep up the good work and keep on blitzing :D

9. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Welcome to our newest member, @Solip !

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    Solip and CT5 like this.
  10. Solip

Solip Orc Soldier

Awwwwh Thanks. I did really spend 3 days hunting for Flaxative. Now i know how hard it is to patrol for a loot fairy ._.

Farbs, Magic Elves, Sir Veza and 2 others like this.
  11. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

6th place for Batfordruary - not bad Sorcererers! Shoutouts to @Jezterscap and @Fifjunior7 for being the big contributors last month, and to @Ewemax, @Youbo, @PDXTai, @Flaxative, and @goome for impressive (60+%) win-rates! Looks like Youbo and Fifjunior have been soaring up the ladder, too. (All observations are based on the few times I'm around - if you think you've made a big personal accomplishment, let us know!)

I've also got a vid incoming. I'm finally playing wizards! Feel free to toss ideas around for builds :D
    First ~5 minutes is showing off the build, then a ranked game, then ramblings / reflections at the end.

12. PDXTai

PDXTai Ogre

Glad I was the last to die. I thought you played that pretty well. Elf warriors are probably the best counter for wizards.

I was surprised you left the priest next to the warrior after it moved up. I would have moved the priest away. You have to figure those warriors have parries.

I might also consider running a purging mace instead of the sacrificial axe. You'd have to go down to a dark mail shirt most likely. There are several attachments (immovable, elven maneuvers, nimbus) that wreck wizards.

Overall, wizards do well when they only have to deal with one threat at a time. He was able to get all 3 warriors going at once. If you could have found a way to split them up more, you could have focused your control just a couple of problems.

ParodyKnaveBob and CT5 like this.
  13. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

just watched the first part, nice fish out of the water journey. Though i feel the true nature of wizards isnt that burst heavy.
    You should keep at it, the change of perspective can only do you good, even with your return to melee in mind. Moving on to part two then...

CT5 likes this.
  14. Jezterscap

Jezterscap Lizardman Priest

Noooooooo sparkles!! :D

CT5 likes this.
  15. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Thanks for watching everyone, and for the build advice, PDXTai! :D

Here's part two:

Fifjunior7 and Rainingrecon like this.
  16. Add Martyr to that list. I feel that if you were able to purge some buffs you would have lasted a bit longer. Also, based on some of your reactions, I think playing wizards requires more patience than you are use too. =/

CT5 likes this.
  17. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Yeah, Martyr's was a huge problem in the past.

I definitely will need more patience methinks... I was thinking about the recent game as I went to bed, and going for the Flash of Agony was downright silly. Wizards indeed have a very different mindset...

Also, here's a couple of Quick Draw games. Honestly, both my play and my attitude are much worse than I'd like. Definitely not my best moments.

Rainingrecon and Fifjunior7 like this.
  18. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

I applaud you for trying out some sorcererers CT! I felt myself struggling along with you there. (The only thing I play is vamps and elf warriors)

It was really interesting to see how movement and placement was so tricky when you are a wizard, a whole new perspective.

Awesome job, don't worry about rating for awhile! =)

CT5 likes this.
  19. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

More Sorcererery!

20. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Was I dreaming yesterday or did you fall from the 2nd place to 17th during last 10-20 hours? :eek:

Edit: Maybe this is really possible with many players with very different skill levels.