Guaranteed Way to Not Let Bejeweled Elves Kill You

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Fifjunior7, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

As you all know, The Cult of the Bejeweled is not only frustrating to play against, but also induces a seething rage whenever your characters get bejewel-ed to death.

Well worry no more.

Proud to Present~

Guaranteed Way to Not Let Bejeweled Elves Kill You

Bye Bye Bejeweled 1
    Level 21 Elf Wizard

As you can see with this fine wizard, we maximize the Traveling Curse with Vulnerable to insure that those raging elf warriors never touch you. She even packs a bonus Demonic Revenge! If you suddenly feel a Bejeweled elf is wayyy too close in your personal bubble, she can use her Escaping Run to escape, which in turn cycles your deck, letting you draw more of those amazing Vulnerable and Traveling Curses. It's a win win!

Bye Bye Bejeweled 2
    Level 9 Elf Warrior

Using an elf warrior to counter Bejeweled Elves? Sometimes you just gotta fight fire with fire. This fellow packs a whopping seven Vulnerables! And with his Ouch!'s, Traveling Curse, and Demonic Revenge, this elf is sure to never let a bejeweled elf get a kill.

Bye Bye Bejeweled 3
    Level 21 Elf Priest

The priest is truely the grand supreme overlord of the party, carrying seven Demonic Revenge's, several Traveling Curses and Vulnerables. With his huge amount of deck-cycling, the priest will be surely draw some of these fine cards and prevent a Bejeweled Elf from landing another kill.

*But Sempai, this doesn't make any sense, how does this prevent them from killing my guys?

Well young padawan, if your party kills itself before it they can reach you, then they can't kill you right?

2. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I feel this deck accomplishes the same goal as a deck I made a while ago, but it does it in a completely different style. The priest is definitely the best of this deck, and I think that on certain maps that using Flash Flood on the wizard would be beneficial to allow more time to draw your best cards. Oversized Pick would also provide many strong attacks and a trait to cycle, allowing Ouch! to be more effective.

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Been waiting for another one of these for a while. Good to see new players reiterating the guides of the greats.

CT5 likes this.
  4. >Elf wizard
    Didn't even read further.

5. MathuranF

MathuranF Lizardman Priest

I'd switch out the staves for 2x Staff of the inferno, for firestorming + combustible goodness, combo's well with the vulnerable focused build imo.

CT5 likes this.
  6. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

But the beauty is that you never use your own attacks against you!

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  7. IsenBirch

IsenBirch Kobold

Hey, I'm new so I don't really understand why running a lot of self-damage traits + vulnerables is good against Cult of the Bejeweled. Is there anyone who can enlighten me?

8. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

That is one of the eternal questions one ponders in the still of night. The answers to such questions cannot come from outside, they must rise from within. You must meditate on this until you feel the enlightenment settle upon you like a twinkling shawl of moonlight originating in the elven looms made of ebony and birch, strung with cobwebs and lilting high notes of nightingales, blown your way by a gust gentle as a mother's sigh when tucking in her newborn for her first night under the bulging belly-dome of the sky goddess.

9. SlowComputer

SlowComputer Kobold

This isn't a real built; is a bit of sarcasm: "suicide before kill you". Since some of you have been saying: "it's easy to build a Counter-deck for CotB", but so far no-one had presented one B-)
    Then Magic Elves claims to have accomplished "the real deal"... however CotB golden age (1600+) was already declining. Main reasons: everyone knows how they operate; and map rotation.
    Honestly, my strategy still trying to Bejewel them faster :/
    Or farm more legendaries/epics... under that nothing beats the shortsword.

10. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Just know that being helpful isn't anywhere on Fifjiniors agenda.

11. Fifjunior7

Fifjunior7 Hydra

Aww thanks Rob! You're such an amicable fellow!