Gotcha! Rules FAQ

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by neoncat, Dec 5, 2013.

1. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Wow good to know. I would consider this a bug (or at least an exploit) and would never have understood why it happened.

2. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

I made a pic to make it clear. Here is the damaging order of an Ember Burst:

[​IMG]

Jarmo, Sir Veza and Bandreus like this.
  3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Really? Are you sure you didn't accidentally swap 6 and 7?

4. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

Positive. Btw what would be the hiden logic in swaping 6 for 7?

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Looking at it again, I was also swapping 4 and 5. What you show (except for starting in the middle) is a flipped version of this:

[​IMG]

Though that's going up-right first, while your example is going up-left first.:confused:

6. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Squidy, terrain attachments won't follow that order. Idk about burst spells but terrain goes 1234 as in Kalin's post above. I use that knoweledge all the time when farming with Volcano.

7. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

Well then seems like everything don't follow the same pattern ;)

Feel free to test by yourselves. Best test would be, if anyone can and have the time, a 4x4 custom map, with mobs spawning on 13 squares and the player team on the three others. Then a Fireball shall be cast targeting the middle square. Either it would be good to know if larger AoE don't follow the same pattern or it will confirm.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  8. Lord Feleran

Yup, Squid is correct, tested it for a 2x2 square, good catch!

Bandreus likes this.
  9. zeroth_hour

zeroth_hour Goblin Champion

If an attack misses by something like Jump Back, Savage Curse doesn't trigger and cause a discard.

(I also had a Unholy Frenzy, so not sure if that affects it.)

10. Lord Feleran

The same was reported for attacks which cause a discard by themself, these Overswing cards.

11. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

Cards with Push won't trigger Teleport Self or Wings Of Faith (if you have it attached) for your allies, but they do trigger them for the caster if the push card is also a move card such as Team Run or Violent Spin. This is especially important in some leagues like Wicked Waterways, so that you don't think you can cross the rivers with cards like Sprint, Team!. I believe the same should happen with Flight Aura, but I haven't tested that one yet.

12. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

This one is well known, but maybe useful for the new players: The 6 range that appears in Team Heal doesn't work. You will always heal all of your characters regardless the range.

Bandreus likes this.
  13. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

-If you attack an enemy from the back with Pickpocket and the attack gives fatal damages, you won't get to steal a card

-If you play Escaping Run next to an enemy and draw a Teleport Self, the teleport effect will be applied to the escaping run even though you didn't have the teleport when you clicked on the run.

Lord Feleran likes this.
  14. Lord Feleran

Similar: When you have no armor and get attacked by magic attack and get to draw with Quick Reactions, you get to roll that armor.
    So first it's blocks/quick reactions from left to right and after blocks it's armor from left to right.

15. Lord Feleran

Opponent attacks you with a melee attack. Your Spiked Mail triggers. Opponents Sparkling Cloth Armor triggers. He moves to the other side of you. Your character will then turn to face the attacker in his new position.
    (I'm actually running Barbed Platemail (not Spiked Mail) that does penetrating damage and I have no idea how could it have happened to me but it just did.)

Squidy likes this.
  16. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

Sparkling Cloth Armor triggers when you take damages, not when the armor prevents some damages.

Lord Feleran likes this.
  17. Lord Feleran

Yes ofc. Oops. I haven't played for too long :oops:

18. Lord Feleran

Anyone knows these?
    This one can only be tested on test server atm: if SPR gets blocked, can player still move 1?
    CF/Defender's Block on priest and someone bludgeons nearby warrior with Bad Luck. Block's roll triggers. Does Bad Luck change the roll? Or does it have to be on priest?

19. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

No, blocked cards get cancelled.

Borndanngwe perplexes Grongdeb!
    Grongdeb blocked with Missile Block.
    Short Perplexing Ray was cancelled.
    Grongdeb discarded Missile Block.

Bad Luck changes die roll of CF/DB on priest if it is attached to priest. If Bad Luck is on the warrior, CF/DB from priest will not have die rolls modified.

Flaxative likes this.
  20. doog37

doog37 Hydra

I started reading this and thought someone was having a stroke until I realized those were character names.