[Golden Shrine] Firestorm! Firestorm!! Firestorm!!!

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by rinco69, Jan 30, 2017.

1. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

Many GS builds rely on hiding on the victory square. But you cannot hide from Firestorm!#@#! Throw in some Flash Of Agony and you've got yourself a party. At the end of this league rotation this is how my legend heavy GS build looked...

Ganddreng
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

Kahronk
    Level 22 Dwarf Wizard

Gorril
    Level 1 Dwarf Wizard

Mitkar98, Sir Veza, wereviper and 2 others like this.
  2. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Whereas in my similar concept this past month, my goal was to sit on the VS and Firestorm. $E^ }

Surprised you didn't combo the Harnesses with the Holy Armors like I had, since you own better Boots for it and everything.

3. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

Two Holy Armors should trigger more often than one holy armor + Enchanted Harness, right? Enchanted would be slightly more armor overall but cost more.

For a while I was running double Bimson's Glowstone Robes on the wizards and Iberial's Boots across the board. Loads of Shimmering Aura and left two major tokens spare for the fire wiz. But there are no major or minor token arcane items with double Firestorm so it seemed wasted. Maybe it would be best to swap the Vasyls back for a Bimsons and use the spare major token on Perfect Toughness... Next rotation!

4. ParodyKnaveBob

Neverminding the pretty hands when you have three-plus armors to synergize, here are just stats on two armors in-hand:

Holy Armor x2
    both fail: 1/4
    one and one: 1/2
    both succeed: 1/4
    1/2 to heal 1
    1/4 to heal 2
    3/4 to heal any

Holy Armor + Enchanted
    both fail: 1/18
    only Enchanted succeeds: 1/9
    only Holy succeeds: 5/18 (just under 1/3)
    both succeed: 5/9 (just over 1/2)
    5/6 to heal 1

My combo worked nicely when it did. (And again, if I hadn't been sloppy and kept my priest back when she could've been in your range, she could've helped keep my wizard VS camper alive, ugh. Plus, I noted the multiple times my Holy bumped up to 3 but stopped short because Chain instead of Enchanted.) Not to say this was the end-all be-all or anything. The first time we met, I was still working out the party's kinks; the second time, they'd improved, but I played it out badly, and you still of course have the overall better decks-and-skill. $E^ J

Holy + Chain/Leather
    both fail: 1/6
    only Harness succeeds: 1/6
    only Holy succeeds: 1/3
    both succeed: 1/3
    2/3 to heal 1

That's why I stacked Holy x3 and Chain x2. If I could just get Holy plus anything in-hand, (let alone three-plus Armors,) it'd be better than a single Holy. (Five cards to draw are better than three.) Nevertheless, Holy + Enchanted heals the party the most reliably (if only I owned such Boots). However, that all said, I understand your weighing the token costs, yepyep.

Sir Veza likes this.
  5. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

Ahh but when Enchanted is first and stops 2 burning dmg then Holy cannot trigger. Whereas with double Holy's both could trigger.

So both succeed: 5/9 (just over 1/2) only applies to 3+ dmg which is only half the firestorm.

Edit: also if you draw enchanted but not holy, there is a 0 percent chance for holy to trigger.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  6. ParodyKnaveBob

True on Enchanted newer than Holy. However, if your Boots draw Shimmering left of Holy, or Shimmering and not Holy, you have the same issue. ~shrug~ $E^ J

7. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  8. Sir Kookus

Sir Kookus Mushroom Warrior

I have been trying to figure out how to use firestorm. Thanks!

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  9. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Late to the party, finding league matches was the hardest part. 8/8 matches won with this build.

[​IMG]

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.