Gold Leagues are Coming

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, May 19, 2014.

1. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Not sure if it is new but the Attack of the Artifacts league is my new favorite. Possibly because I won my pod for the first time, but also because the build is much closer to how I play the game than any of the other fixed deck leagues... which is probably why I won my pod for the first time.
    Oozeball is fun, but anyone who claims to be good at it is probably just lucky. I see Oozeball as simialr to blackjack, where you can maximize your wins with good play, but you still can't play better than the hand you are dealt (vs. the hand your opponent has). Me I prefer backgammon or poker. You can have runs of good and bad luck, but the better players win over the long term... kind of like Card Hunter.

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

@CT5 care to comment? :D

Stexe likes this.
  3. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

lol. Attack of the Artifacts is one of the "luckiest" of the Leagues (outside of Astral). Oozeball is only really lucky if you get Advanced Battlefield Training in the first turn or two or a ton of Muscle Through. I've played both leagues dozens of times and you have much, much more control in Oozeball.

4. doog37

doog37 Hydra

I respectfully disagree. Oozeball is not so much about the actual cards but what is left after everything cancels each other out. It is the only league where you can't kill off your opponent, you must control the Victory Square.
    In AotA there are better and worse draws, but you can tailor your play to the draw you have. You can choose to be aggressive or not.
    Of course I might have no idea what I am talking about.:rolleyes::p:D:cool::confused:

5. Stexe

In Ooozeball you need to know when to use your moves to get on the VP spot and when to get the enemy off or deny. You can't really change the way you play much in Artifact Anarchy due to the huge swings on card power -- getting Mental Flensing and the enemy never drawing a Purging Strike is going to be huge. Plus, the random Trait cards that are used and the fact that there is tons of line of sight means it is nearly impossible to just "play defensive" without taking tons of damage.

If you think Oozeball is more about luck I'll gladly challenge you to a few matches and show you otherwise. =)

6. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

No more Leagues are scheduled :(

7. Stexe

I told you, Jon should be on later tonight and will most likely schedule more then.

8. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

Yup but Jon doesn't play leagues everyday so he's not always aware that there are no more leagues in the schedule. It was just a friendly reminder in case it slipped his mind or if noone allready told him.

9. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Sorry, scheduling more now.

doog37 and Stexe like this.