Gladiatorial Arena

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by hellyeah, Jul 17, 2013.

1. hellyeah

hellyeah Kobold

I've reached 9 level adventure - gladiatorial arena. First opponent here is 3 elven mages. My team was equipped as usual - without any magic blocking abilities, and with moderate mobility. Ofcourse i lost this battle, left 1 elf with 8 hp alive. After rearming i razed them to the ground, but the next battle i lost again with the same reason - i had not suitable card set, because fighting with the mages team is not the same thing as fighting with dwarf, mighty goblin Hulk and 2 zombies. So what is the question - i saw in briefing with what team i have to fight in second part of adventure and i have to deliberately go for slaughter without being able to prepare. Maybe it would be better to make an opportunity to choose equipment set before each round exclusively for this adventure? At level 9 player have enough different items to make specialized sets. Or it was game designer`s sophisticated attempt to to test the player's ability to wriggle out of a difficult situation?) If so, in my humble opinion, it is necessary to make this adventure a bit easier or give an opportunity to rearm before each fight.
    P.S. Sorry for my english, hope my idea is clear)

P.P.S. Last fight was much simpler compared to other two, but it`s not because of enemy weakness . The difference in points that player and Gary need to get is unfair.

2. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Not saying anything about your ability as i have no idea what gear and such you have. But that said i don't think i have ever lost to the first fight with any of my party's even on the challenges. The second one i do agree is a good bit random and sometimes you just start out screwed.

3. Forduc

Forduc Orc Soldier

Giving extra chance for item shuffling after reading the description of next battle wouldn't be too bad. Current options aren't that good. (Either rearm in loot screen before reading the description or leave adventure, go to keep, rearm, return to adventure)

4. Essence

Essence Orc Soldier

+1 to this -- I can't count the number of times that I re-upped on the Loot screen only to read the description immediately afterward and cuss at my monitor for a minute or two. I don't know how to do it gracefully, but maybe the pre-fight page could be right next to the Aftermath page above the Loot screen (i.e. drag the screen up to see?)

5. hellyeah

hellyeah Kobold

Actually that was the first time i have to replay 1st or 2nd part of any adventure in whole campaign and the third time i have to regroup at all. (Today i almost reached 11 lvl). It seems that was unlucky day, but i realized that set of three elven mages should not be underestimated despite it weaknesses. At first turn my warrior took "slowed card", so he could not escape ranged attacks and got a lot of damage right where he spawned. Mages finished him by casting hot spot. And I hadn`t got any suitable card like telekinesis or terrain attachment discarding. From that moment everything was decided. The three mages costs nothing to win a mage and priest, which were unlucky in cards. I just couldn`t reach them or make a lot of damage. Priest got a lot of useless melee attack boosting cards and my mage got three move cards and damn unstable bolt))) In this case, mages used their main advantages - high mobility and long-range attacks, and I had a bad day.