Getting back in MP

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by doog37, Jul 30, 2015.

1. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Oy oy oy... soooooo after a few months of hardcore Dragon Age: Inquisition immersion, I have rescued the princess and rode off into the sunset (FYI there is no princes to rescue).

During the last 2-3 month I have barely played MP only occasionally dabbling and now I find myself out of practice and MP-adverse. It's not that I don't think I am good anymore and I realize that I am probably underrated with the influx of Steamers, but I just feel like I'd rather not do more than a loot fairy run and that's it.

Anyone else go through this after a hiatus playing? I used to think I was pretty good, been a top 100 rated player a few times still have a top 100 win streak (even if my win rate is 50%). Whatever I just need to get back on the horse lose to some new fangled AT strat and accept that I am no longer advantaged from a collection standpoint. I just hope it is not too late for me and it becomes like M:TG where after a gap of playing (much longer) I couldn't play anymore because of a lack of newer cards.

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It's never too late =)

3. Eren

Eren Orc Soldier

I've played for 2-3 months and given breaks for double that amount couple of times. Every time I returned there was a huge shift in meta both with the new maps and the changed cards (nimble strike nerf, encumber change, whirlwind change, new expansions) but watching a few games of the top players to see what the current meta is, was enough for me to get back on the game. Almost every time I returned I've seen myself drop to 1500's and get frustrated but with time it's inevitable to get back up.

I'd say watch a couple of games, learn what and how people are playing and create your own similar build with the items you have (of course you're the only one that knows which items you have) and the composition of your preference. There are quite a few viable party compositions actually and contrary to popular belief not everyone plays 2x Elf Warrior and 1x Human Priest :p
    You'll even notice that couple of players in the top don't use any items from the new expansion at all, so a lack of items won't be a problem.

4. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Stop thinking and start kicking ;)

CT5 likes this.
  5. FrigusMacto

FrigusMacto Orc Soldier

Jump on in. The waters fine.

CT5 and Bandreus like this.
  6. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

I took a break from the game from the end of April to the start of July (about 2 and a half months). I got back to the game just after the expansion was released and after a streak of blitz losses against guildies, I was back on track. I'm sure you can do the same :)

FrigusMacto likes this.
  7. kustaa

kustaa Lizardman Priest

JUST DO IT! DON'T LET YOUR DREAMS BE DREAMS! JUST. DO. IT!

8. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Well thanks for the support... I really like a couple of the new items specifically the 2 invigorating touch one for my d vamp. I also have less time to play since it is summer... played the laser turret league not sure if I like it.
    Of course my dreams are bigger than card hunter

9. MathuranF

MathuranF Lizardman Priest

think he was just quoting this gem